• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#151 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:12 PM

I haven't noticed any meaning behind the egg color, either. Just seems random, like the Dino Magic eggs.

Correction, Scummdog. The egg color works too much like baseball cards and while the randomness happens in both districts, having extras of the same guys can become monotonous for those who are trying to find whoever they feel is the rarest to find. I think the Pterodactyl is rarer than the Glow in the Dark Bones Brontosaurus and that's a pretty massive mistake in terms of rarities of certain Dino Magic Dinosaurs and what not. Those egg colors should really denote the rarity of the creatures that you're bound to hatch.

Wait, what? What are you even talking about? How is that a correction? I said the egg color was random and didn't mean anything, and you just agreed with me, from what i can tell. :D
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#152 ion

ion

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:10 PM

I finally got Longisquama at last and I'm on a roll to finish up both Dino Magic and Dragon Magic. Only 5 for Dino Magic Dinosaurs and 3 more Dragon Magic Dragons and Bruin to go and I'll be ready for both Monster Maniacs and Sea Monsters, though I think I'll just play it safe from now on using a pick and choose method. By using a pick and choose method, I can fizzle the first few fizz eggs and after that, I can ask whoever has the ones I don't have and I can buy them without having to fizz them out of randomness.

Sea monsters? Do you have any pics?

#153 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:40 PM

They arent out yet, they come out later this year. But is it sea monsters or sea creatures? I checked their site and all I could find was sea creatures.....which means whales and sharks and things.... :)
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#154 Garatron75

Garatron75

Extraplanar Rollin' Klone Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Dinosaurs and Dragons, anything that's small and fits in a pocket good enough. I'm also a collector of Nintendo stuff and I also like the things that relate to me well, like Bikkuriman.

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:08 PM

They arent out yet, they come out later this year. But is it sea monsters or sea creatures? I checked their site and all I could find was sea creatures.....which means whales and sharks and things.... :)

I kept seeing that one too, bro. Apparently, it doesn't say they would be Sea Monsters on the web site and I'm not sure yet if they're monsters or whales. It would be interesting if they had interchangeable parts you could swap if you have any extras. It's kinda cool to hear that they'll be out later this year, because I've got five more Dino Magic Dinosaurs to catch and three more Dragon Magic Dragons and Bruin to collect and then I'm on towards those Monster Maniacs and Sea Creatures. B)
"Magor must be stopped. No matter the cost."
"It's about beating the game, the way it was meant to be fun."

#155 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:12 PM

I hit Target and Walmart today looking for dragon eggs...and walked away with 9 of them!! I have never seen more than 2 at a time so I was excited!

Posted Image

So out of 14 total I only have 4 dupes...not bad. Plus I got Frostbane today!! Woohoo!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Liz Sherman, 25 August 2008 - 09:14 PM.

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#156 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:16 PM

Wow, 9? I've still never seen more than two at a time. I'm completely done buying Moose product for now, but i still look for 'em every time i'm in the store. :D
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#157 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

I found six more eggs today at differnet Walmart. Mostly dupes but got two new ones. Now I only need 4 more. I am working on a possible trade so when that is complete I will post my doubles and need list.

#158 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:23 PM

Alright, screw this line. I need to just stay out of this thread.

I saw two Dragon Eggs at Wal-Mart tonight, and bought them against my better judgement. Both dupes, one of which i have gotten no less than FOUR times. Stupid Hydrax, i wish i could hate you to death. :blink:

Dino Magic was so much fun to collect, and i'm down to only two of those that i need, i think. Dragon Magic though...for every new Dragon i've gotten like three dupes. I can't take that anymore. :shok:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#159 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:18 PM

i've always thought of this as like gambling. i hate gambling, i always lose. i prefer the cooler plasma dragons to these. at least you know what you're getting with them.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#160 Hollysman2008

Hollysman2008

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:25 PM

Sorry for not getting back to you guys as fast as I would like..

I have been working 10-12 hour days at work..We just opened a new Petsmart and I haven't even had time to get on the computer. Sorry it took so long to get those out guys..

#161 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:22 PM

I have

Furness
Skirmish
Typhon
Hydrax (x3)

I need

Darboss
Vrad
Kombuster
Nitric

Edited by Liz Sherman, 26 August 2008 - 08:23 PM.

#162 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

I have
Hydrax (x3)

Heh, so i'm not the only one. :) They should have just called the line "Hydrax Magic". Common: Hydrax. Ultra Rare: Everyone else. :(
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#163 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:32 AM

Your not the only ones. I have 3 hydrax and 2 typhoons.....seems like that is the common mix of figures. :(
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#164 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:29 AM

Stopped at Walmart during my lunch break and found 3 eggs......come on Ice Dragon!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

#165 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:36 AM

If I were to walk down the road and meet the man who designed the Hydrax sculpt, I think I would shake his hand. I would greet him warmly and become his friend. We would hang out, watch TV, and laugh together. We would become good friends quickly, and be almost inseparable. I would befriend him so much that I would be the godfather of his children, and they would call me unky Andrew.
Then years down the road, when he least expects anything, I would invite him over to have dinner. When he comes in and asks me "Where are the wife and kids, arent they eating with us?", I would respond "No, tonight is a night I have waited for for a very long time...." I would then bring out a dish with one of those silver domes over top. When he asks me what it was that was under there to eat, I would place it in front of him and uncover it. Before him would be an entire tray overflowing with Dragon Magic Hydrax figures. He would laugh and say something like "Oh man, I didnt know you knew about these! How did you know that I designed this figure....this one was always my favorite!" This is when I would snap/strike. As he was picking up the thousands of Hydraxs and reliving the pleasant memories of designing it, I would inject him with a drug to make him pass out.
When he came to 5 minutes later, he would be tied down to the chair he was once happily sitting in. His mouth would be held opened and he would feel something funny in his mouth. The slightly soapy taste intregues him, almost tastes like candy. Then he would realize "That is a Hydrax in my mouth?!?!". I would walk around the corner, with an evil smile on my face. He would start to get scared and ask what I was doing. Without saying a word I would start to shove the Hydrax down his throat (assembled mind you). After finally getting it down he would gasp "Why are you doing this?". I would respond only by pulling another Hydrx out and making him eat that one. And then another. And another. And another. This would continue on until all the extra Hydrax figures were gone......and the world would be a better place.......

Sorry.....just had to get that out of my system. :) I sorta channeled my inner cassel. :(

Edited by CCVegita, 27 August 2008 - 09:37 AM.

Posted Image

#166 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5108 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:55 PM

I take it your latest Dragon Magic purchase went well? :D

#167 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:34 PM

I think maybe we should band together as a community, toss all our spare Hydrax figures in a box, mail the box to Moose and tell them to stick it.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#168 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:35 PM

instead of feeding them to him, why not modify a pitching machine to launch them at him at a screaming 100 miles per hour right in the face. i'm sure after just one he'd get the point, but then that big pile of hydrax would go to waste and you wouldn't want to do that. after all, the company clearly wants you to have that many.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#169 Garatron75

Garatron75

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Dinosaurs and Dragons, anything that's small and fits in a pocket good enough. I'm also a collector of Nintendo stuff and I also like the things that relate to me well, like Bikkuriman.

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

I think maybe we should band together as a community, toss all our spare Hydrax figures in a box, mail the box to Moose and tell them to stick it.

You could also make new Dragon Magic Dragon hybrids and other cool creatures out of the extra Hydraxes and swap their parts to make different guys.

i'm sure after just one he'd get the point, but then that big pile of hydrax would go to waste and you wouldn't want to do that. after all, the company clearly wants you to have that many.

I feel that Hydrax is definitely going to have a new topic dedicated to him. He really is cool as a Common Water Dragon, but the only problem is that he's so common, it would be improper to call him "Rare". Besides, I feel that those Ultra Rare Dragons have hidden numbers. After all, it takes expertise to catch them through fizzing.

#170 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:55 PM

You could also make new Dragon Magic Dragon hybrids and other cool creatures out of the extra Hydraxes and swap their parts to make different guys.

Well, i'm off to combine my Hydrax figures. I could make one with two heads, and one with two butts. Thanks, Moose! Totally worth $4 a pop! :D
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#171 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

Yeah...I got another Nivek, Huricano. and yes.....Hydrax. :D
Posted Image

#172 Eilonwe

Eilonwe

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:21 AM

Wow, so that's what Frostbane looks like. He does exist! :p

I'm definitely going to keep purchasing if I see them in stores (curse you, NYC, for having no WalMarts!), but I'm not ordering a lot anymore. Switching my collecting to Fairy Hearts. I have so many friends into fairies that it'll be easy to unload the doubles. But I'll probably get one or two Dragon eggs along with an order of Fairy ones.

I'm intrigued by the upcoming Monster and Sea sets. On one hand, I hope they don't suck. But on the other money-saving hand...

#173 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:16 AM

Well if all goes well with a current trade then I am only missing Vrad. If anyone happens to come across an extra one PLEASE let me know.

Thanks!!

#174 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:39 AM

If all goes well with a "current trade" I'll only be missing Darboss.
Posted Image

#175 Garatron75

Garatron75

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 06:18 PM

Oh yeah, I've got four more Dino Magic Dinosaurs and those last two Ice Dragons and Bruin to go and my lists will be complete. Thanks guys for helping me boost up on my collections. :D

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com