31 replies to this topic

#1 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 12:27 PM

new TF Summer Special book by Dreamwave? Supposedly, BB make a small appearance...Does anyone know anything about this?

TGB

#2 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 12:32 PM

http://www.dreamwaveprod.ca/!newsite/pages/home.htm

Holy shizznit!!! Look in the background at the 3rd photo in the 4 photo line up of pages... I count 13 BB's!!!

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 01 June 2004 - 12:36 PM.

#3 Another Fan

Another Fan

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 12:49 PM

:D Wow!! Predacons and Battle Beasts in the same issue!!! I have to get this!!!

#4 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 01:42 PM

I will have to see how much the BB are actually in the story, cuz I am not a huge fan of TF. I like the old cartoon a ton, however, all the newer stuff has sort of sucked (except Beast Wars was ok for a while).

TGB

#5 Another Fan

Another Fan

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 01:56 PM

I know what you mean. I really like Generation 1 and never really gotten into Armada or Energon cartoons. I have a few of the figures though. Some of the toys do look better and the articulations of the newer toylines have improved dramatically.

#6 Orca

Orca

The Idea Man & Custom Vehicle Inventor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 05:14 PM

That comic set will be a must buy event for most BB and TF collectors. I have to agree i loved Generation one, the Japanese line rocked (and i'm Thankfull that they are releasing some of the Jap only figs again, the ones that are too expensive to go after before), Generation 2 had its moments as well as the first two seasons of Beast wars and Beast Wars Neo. Armada, Energon, Beast Machines have a few nice figures but the best looking line so far looks like the Alternator/Binaltech line (as far as the new lines go), much better possability/articulation and reaslism. But owy they hurt my wallet!!! :( -hehehe~!!! If i ever get a Tattoo it'll say "Self Inflicted" :angry:

#7 Another Fan

Another Fan

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 06:05 PM

I love Alternators!! I can't afford the Binal Tech version. They are usually around 3 times the price. I'm still trying to find Alternator Silverstreak. I saw a picture of #9 and the head looks like it's going to be Jazz!! He's one of my favorite G1 characters. Now I'm waiting for them to come out with Sunstreaker and Wheeljack.

#8 Orca

Orca

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 07:14 PM

I love Alternators!! I can't afford the Binal Tech version. I'm still trying to find Alternator Silverstreak. I saw a picture of #9 and the head looks like it's going to be Jazz! I'm waiting for them to come out with Sunstreaker and Wheeljack.

Ditto~!!!!!

I can't wait for the others to come out either. :(

I really like the look of Dead End's Car mode. Did you know that they are going to punk us with atleast 2 color variations to the same characters in true hasbro fashion, granted they look cool. One of which is a creamy white version of Silverstreak another is a wine red version of Sideswipe (if i remember correctly). sigh, repaint, repaint, repaint, they can all go to hell :angry:

#9 Another Fan

Another Fan

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 07:18 PM

Isn't Smokescreen coming out with a variant also? His bumpers and the roof are going to be gray. The colors for the rest of the toy are going to be pretty much the same as before. I think that version looks ugly. Now they need to make a Mitsubishi 3000 GT and the new VW Bug. :angry:

#10 Orca

Orca

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 07:28 PM

Isn't Smokescreen coming out with a variant also? His bumpers and the roof are going to be gray. The colors for the rest of the toy are going to be pretty much the same as before. I think that version looks ugly. Now they need to make a Mitsubishi 3000 GT and the new VW Bug. :angry:

i think so, but honestly, i'm not too much up on all of the variants. i'm looking forward to the Hound as well, it would be sweet if they did a VWbug. I saw the Silverstreak out my area (i live in Canada but i usually shop for new toys in Bellingham Wa.) but every one was scuffed differently, i'm getting pretty fussy with the Alternators and the repaint Tf's (its cool that they are all different than the originals in some way).

#11 Another Fan

Another Fan

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 08:02 PM

I don't think I'm going to collect the variants either, unless they look really good in the new paint jobs. When buying the Alternators, I try to find the best boxes. I like to display them in the boxes, but I'm really really tempted into opening them. I've been restraining myself for a very long time. I think I'll crack one day and end up opening all of them once the toyline is discontinued.

#12 dark_eternal

dark_eternal

Master of Shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 05:19 PM

bump this one, Ill keep my eye open
"Strongest of the scions created by the gods, they feared his power, and so kept him confined to the dark. So indomitable is his strength that all things are by him twisted and pressed into oblivion. He alone fashions the laws governing all things, and administers punishment in place of the gods. So is he dark eternal, and his authority is absolute."

#13 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 10:48 AM

Isn't Smokescreen coming out with a variant also? His bumpers and the roof are going to be gray. The colors for the rest of the toy are going to be pretty much the same as before. I think that version looks ugly. Now they need to make a Mitsubishi 3000 GT and the new VW Bug. :)

I think the photos we've seen up to this point have been of the prototype. The grey bumpers and roof will probably match the rest of the car (whatever the color scheme) on the production version. They're most likely grey because they were the only parts remolded to make the toy conform to the new Subaru model.

A VW Bug Alternator is unfortunately not going to happen. VW reportedly does not want to associate the car with a "voilent" toyline like Transformers.

Another Fan, I highly recommend that you pop open your Alternators! They're much cooler in robot mode.

But to keep on topic, I'm really looking forward to the TF Summer Special. Although I haven't been keeping track of the new series since the second mini-series ended, this might bring me back to TF comics, especially if the BB have a significant role.

#14 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:51 PM

Anyone seen this comic on the shelves yet? When is it due out?

TGB

#15 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:35 AM

According to Dreamwave's Product Previews, the Summer Special will be out July 11th.

#16 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 05:42 AM

Actually, it seems Dreamwave got the comic out ahead of schedule, as I found the Summer Special at my local comic shop yesterday.

The issue is pretty cool, featuring four stories from different TF eras: G1, Energon, Beast Wars, and Robots in Disguise. The G1 story is the one that includes the Battle Beasts. Megatron, in an attempt to return the Predacons to his service, tracks them to the planet Beest (the homeworld of the Battle Beasts), where the Predacons have become part of the Battle Beasts' faction. But don't get too excited; the story revolves around Megatron and Razorclaw, giving the Battle Beasts a minimal role. In fact, they're shown in only ONE panel. The story in itself isn't bad, but I was expecting some sort of significant role for the BBs.

#17 Another Fan

Another Fan

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 07:37 AM

Hmm...that's a little disappointing. I'm going to get the issue no matter what since I collect Transformers comics. I like the Predacons a lot, too, so I would love to see them in the comic Finally.

#18 QuickTron

QuickTron

the beast world most wanted human

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 12:12 PM

i was surprized my self when i seen that the bb where on there. bit it's too bad there on that issue for a short time.

but the good thing is at least there with the G1's
If you ride the lighting you get burned

Posted Image

"@#&% you Simba! The cycle of life ends here."

#19 Webslinger Spider

Webslinger Spider

Number 27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 01:30 AM

wow, I need to own this...what was the issue called??

#20 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 15 August 2004 - 08:51 AM

i have the transformer summer special 1 were we can see BB on one picture, nad i would like to know if there is or there will be a number 2, and if BB appears in it?
:blink: thanks!!

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#21 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:12 PM

I didnt realize BB's were in this issue....

Time to head into the archives ...
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#22 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:00 AM

Seeing the Beast in art form...wow (even though ive seen the Giraffe in someones avatar here before).

It hurts to see that . It only cements what could have been ....
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#23 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:14 AM

Seeing the Beast in art form...wow (even though ive seen the Giraffe in someones avatar here before).

It hurts to see that . It only cements what could have been ....

:D Did I miss something? The link above doesn't work for me... I get some wierd search page but nothing specific. ;)

grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#24 markderoos

markderoos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:33 AM

Me neither!

Articulationnut, can you post a scan please? That would rock bro!

#25 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:33 AM

Yeah! I would love to see this stuff too! ;)
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com