25 replies to this topic

#1 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:17 PM

To be honest this was supposed to be a different character from my fan fic (yeah i guess im that into it lol) but this isnt the armor i wanted to use for that character (its to nice. I need something less "Leader -1" and more " cannon fodder" lol). That and i discovered earlier that the only paint i have is black, white, grey and red. Alright for TF Jetfire and Battle Beast Panzer Panda but this dude aint either so....

This is Bre' Tel - the "first of the last" (of those directly genetically linked to Bre' Ra) and second in command to a rogue and in hiding Bre' Ra (aka King Buster) who lost in the "Founding War" which led to Beastrom dominance established under Zarron (Brown Lion).

Yeah....thats it...

**** it ...heres the pictures :lol:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

He needs bladed weapons but i only have a 2-3 that are in scale and this figure isnt worthy of those so he gets the "shoulder mounted weapon thingy " ;)

Parts List -
Head - plastic dinosaur
Torso - Sunburst armor
Forearms - Pixelated Pointer or White Lion forearms (dont recall which)
Lower Legs - Pirate Lion with previously mentioned dinosaur feet modified to fit
Shoulders - Not sure. I just grabbed random shoulders and modified them. I believe they were originally Pixellated Pointers.

Edited by Articulationnut, 26 October 2006 - 02:20 AM.

Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#2 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:20 PM

:w00t: That's awesome man!!! You need to add more color to him, or put him against something darker so we can see the detail!! :w00t:
Posted Image

Keepin' it real, keepin' it gangsta...Keepin' it Real Gangsta.

#3 pooyabee

pooyabee

Wooly Mastodon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:36 PM

Pretty cool!!!! I love the karate kick to the chest! :lol:
Posted Image

#4 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:07 PM

very nice! the feet look great and that articulation rocks :lol: What type of joints are used at which points??

I actually quite like the white look, when I first saw him I thought you'd beat me to a custom I had in mind!!! I was gonna do a space suit battle beast like in Headmasters; all he really needs is a pointy glass helmet.... :D

Posted ImagePosted Image

(pictures borrowed from tiger burn's site)

BTW I'm looking forward to the next installment of your fan-fic AND now more customs to go with it ;)

Edited by matthewf1tz, 25 October 2006 - 03:10 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:34 PM

Great poseability! He's very clean too. Usually when you go chopping up these things there is a lot of visable damage. Great Job man! :lol:

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 25 October 2006 - 03:36 PM.

Posted Image

#6 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:59 PM

those are sweet! good thing the custom articulated contest never took off ,b/c you woulda won hands down.

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#7 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:00 PM

I wanna see him brakedance!!! :( :lol: ;) :D

Seriously though...nice job!!! ;)

TGB

#8 The Gorilla is the Best

The Gorilla is the Best

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:03 PM

Great work. The only thing I don't like is his head is "too well" proportioned. I am sure you did this on purpose and it looks great, I just prefer the over-sized head on customs. Helps them fit right in with the standard beasts.

Edited by The Gorilla is the Best, 26 October 2006 - 05:51 PM.

#9 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:30 AM

I edited the first post with a more detailed parts list.

Im glad you guys like him . Considering i had a different vision in my mind compared to what i created im comfortable with it only if because i have some non BB customs planned as well using this body design. Whats crazy is his arms (upper) are on backwards and i used mangled shoulders as the original master parts lol.
I really wanted to build a Lagas' though.... ;)

I didnt realize the white armor would wash out so much in the cam flash but i was to busy to take new photos earlier . Tongan I didnt plan on casting him in white to begin with but im in the midst of a large project that calls for white parts so i just used white material this time around. Next time around it will be something darker or a mix of colored parts at least as "its dark and hell is hot" so ill need darker armor for blending in ;-)

As far as the articulation / joint system is concerned Matt' its a combination of joints. Bicep = Swivel, Shoulders & Hips (and neck on the next one) = Replaceable Ball *hips arent replaceable, Elbow & Knee = hinge. I cant wait to see your beast in deep space armor Matt' :D BTW.."chapter" 10 is done and you crossed my mind when i was typing it. I think you might dig that one as the things are heating up.
And Pooyabee that kick is my favorite pose as well!

URS' i wish my cut lines were that clean lol. Those are all casted parts. Hell i sliced my finger open recently with my customizing blade so you can imagine i would have sliced off a finger by now if all of that was cut work. ;)

Lazzy whats nutz is i really wanted to participate in one of those contest after i learned about them. I dont know how much more articulation i can squeeze into this lil fig but i imagine at least2-5 more if i use magnets in some areas. Dont be surprised TGB if you see another beast in some type of B-Boy attire on a piece of carboard in the future.

The Gorilla is the Best yes the figure has a less over sized head on purpose. Its not that i HATE the over sized head look its just that i only had a cheap *** 10 cents dinosaur to work with as custom fodder :D If i would have kept more neck on the head it still wouldnt have looked large...just long and skinny(wow this convo just took a freaky turn lol). Once im able to find some decent material (heads) to work with that will change.

Edited by Articulationnut, 26 October 2006 - 12:38 AM.

Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#10 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:26 AM

I like him a lot. I have a soft spot for dinosaur customs. Are you planning on painting him or keeping him white colored? If so, what are you thinking about for colors?

Eric

#11 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:49 AM

Ive considered painting him but truth be told it would be easier for me to cast the next in a new color. Considering i have colors on hand that rarely get used as often as white ill probably use one of those just for the sake of.

Glad you liked him ;)

Ill be working on another one very soon.

Edited by Articulationnut, 05 November 2006 - 02:55 PM.

#12 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:50 AM

Ill be working on another one very soon.

can't wait my friend...what are you thinking of doing for this one... ;)

or do we have to wait to find out. ;) :D
Posted Image

Keepin' it real, keepin' it gangsta...Keepin' it Real Gangsta.

#13 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:06 PM

Very very nice. It does look like he is wearing a space suit though. Needs a little more color! Ever think of doing a Brontasaurus?

#14 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:23 PM

Isnt that what it is? ;) I thought the Dino was a brontasaurus with a short neck.
If not what species of Dino is it?
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#15 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:43 PM

I think its a Bronto'.... but im no dino expert.

And as far as the next go custom....i dont have much fodder (and im not speaking of just BB fodder) to work with so im not sure ;) Its difficult to find things in this scale that arent overly "kiddified".

Id like to make characters from the fic' as thats the only way to do something new (for me at least). If not ill start doing things that have absolutely NOTHING to do with BB's like Mike Tyson Battle Beast with ear biting articulation or something lol. As it is im already looking at that white body and envisioning a robots head on the top. I mean these are related to TF's after all and the "masters" (Head/Target/Micro) are this scale.

Theres a hint i guess.

Ill check out the next guys and see what comes to mind ;)

#16 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:52 PM

Oh. >-< He still needs the long neck and long tail coming from behind.

Edited by Ghost Lion, 26 October 2006 - 04:53 PM.

#17 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 12:11 AM

Oh. >-< He still needs the long neck and long tail coming from behind.

Funny i considered throwing the tail on there but decided that id rather not as it would restrict poseability. Maybe ill add a joint on the rear and make the tail removeable .

#18 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 12:00 PM

Can't you make the tail turn> Or use a wire and rubber so it can bend?

#19 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 01:33 PM

Can't you make the tail turn> Or use a wire and rubber so it can bend?

I can make the tail turn and pivot using one joint and just turn with another. Its just a matter of not being lazy lol. I wonder...does Dino Gators tail rotate?

With regard to a soft tail with wire.... in the past i use to make 1'' tall seamless puppets (really cool experience) and it ...works...but the cheapest "soft goods" route utilizes material that eventually dries out and looks nasty later so id probably go the hard plastic route.

#20 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 02:08 PM

does Dino Gators tail rotate?

No.

#21 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:14 PM

very nice! the feet look great and that articulation rocks  :D What type of joints are used at which points??

I actually quite like the white look, when I first saw him I thought you'd beat me to a custom I had in mind!!! I was gonna do a space suit battle beast like in Headmasters; all he really needs is a pointy glass helmet.... ;)

Posted ImagePosted Image

(pictures borrowed from tiger burn's site)

BTW I'm looking forward to the next installment of your fan-fic AND now more customs to go with it  ;)

Hey Matt' i stumbled across this "pointy glass helmet". Let me know if you can use it as it looks like the helmet shown in the pic there....

Should compliment your custom PERFECTLY

Posted Image

Edited by Articulationnut, 02 November 2006 - 08:16 PM.

#22 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 03:34 PM

Hey Matt' i stumbled across this "pointy glass helmet". Let me know if you can use it as it looks like the helmet shown in the pic there....

Should compliment your custom PERFECTLY

SWEET!!! :w00t: thanks for thinking of me... B)

what size is it compared to a BB???

Posted Image

#23 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:32 PM

Same height. The clear "helmet" will fit over a BB's head (i compared it to BAron...err...Grizzly Bear (? thats his real name right? ). Id assume his head is average .

#24 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 07:23 PM

Nice work Articulationnut. B) I can't wait to see your future customs.

Mark

#25 cylon_centurian

cylon_centurian

....November Coming Fire....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:34 AM

jetfire battle beast.. look forward to seeing more B)
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com