• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 573 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:43 AM

Who wants to tell me what this is before I tell you???

Posted Image

Enjoy!!!

dabbuu
Posted Image

#2 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:47 AM

:M: :shok: :woot: NICE PIECE!!
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#3 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:23 AM

HOLY CRAP!!!!! THAT IS AWSOME!!!!!!!! :M: How much did that set you back Issaac?

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#4 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:47 AM

You are the Steve Sansweet of Battle Beasts!

#5 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:05 AM

oh crap, I am at work and can't view the images...... :M:

Posted Image

#6 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:19 AM

HOLY CRAP!!!!! THAT IS AWSOME!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif How much did that set you back Issaac?

Trust me you don't want to know. My kids aren't gonna go to college

You are the Steve Sansweet of Battle Beasts!

I had to look up who he was :woot:. Thanks though, I'm just trying to show whats out there.

oh crap, I am at work and can't view the images...... :M:

You'll enjoy later then sorry :(

Any guesses as to what this actually is :shok:. You'll love the answer.

dabbuu

Ps no cheating CCVegita :)
Posted Image

#7 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:29 AM

I wasnt gonna say anything about when you robbed the secret BB headquarters in Japan. I mean you did have to kill like 3 guards getting out of there, that would be at least life in prison if anyone found out.....
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#8 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:32 AM

I wasnt gonna say anything about when you robbed the secret BB headquarters in Japan. I mean you did have to kill like 3 guards getting out of there, that would be at least life in prison if anyone found out.....

Haha
Posted Image

#9 roland13

roland13

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:36 AM

Wow, Christmas is coming up and that would make a great gift for me Dabbuu. You know, to show that you really care. :M:

That is pretty damn sweet.

Eaon

#10 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:50 AM

This isnt cheating....some people may have never seen this picture. I thought I got it of Wiki but I couldnt find the link for it when I just looked. :M:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:57 AM

This isnt cheating....some people may have never seen this picture. I thought I got it of Wiki but I couldnt find the link for it when I just looked. :M:

Posted Image

No problem :woot:
Posted Image

#12 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:27 AM

Awesome! Soooo......When you gonna open it. :M: You may have the same exact figure that's in that catalog!

Posted Image

#13 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:38 AM

This picture also validates the blue drills that have been found. So based on the picture all three drills have been found, and the yellow and blue buzz saws. All the other ones have to be out there somewhere, unless they were all destroyed. :M:
Posted Image

#14 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:08 AM

Later tonight if no one wants to guess I will explain exactly what this is

dabbuu
Posted Image

#15 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:00 AM

Well this is turning out to be no fun and I wasn't too busy at work today so I had time to play ;)

Okay I will try to help, firstly CCvegita is right the photographed buzzsaw from the 1998 Hasbro catalog is one and the same as the one I have shown. Why do you think the buzzsaw is on a card? What was Hasbro trying to do here? Why is it included here with a different beast than in the catalog? Also, if you look closely you can see that the bubble part of the card is hand cut.

dabbuu
Posted Image

#16 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• 361 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:35 AM

Well this is turning out to be no fun and I wasn't too busy at work today so I had time to play ;)

Okay I will try to help, firstly CCvegita is right the photographed buzzsaw from the 1998 Hasbro catalog is one and the same as the one I have shown. Why do you think the buzzsaw is on a card? What was Hasbro trying to do here? Why is it included here with a different beast than in the catalog? Also, if you look closely you can see that the bubble part of the card is hand cut.

dabbuu

they were getting ready for release in the US like the shield battlers! available in 2 stores for 2 days HAHA

#17 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:20 AM

This isnt cheating....some people may have never seen this picture. I thought I got it of Wiki but I couldnt find the link for it when I just looked. ;)

Posted Image

The pic used to be on wikipedia, but it got deleted for some reason.
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#18 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:10 PM

My guess is that it is a salesman sample for the USA or French/Euro Market. They have a black #110 on it and the colors of the buzzsaw seem to make it appear to be test marketing or possibly to do a series of repaints like so many toy lines do nowadays. If it is blistered and not boxed it was NOT intended for the Japanese market because toys over there during this time period were always boxed because they were not worried about theft in stores. In the USA and Europe toys were blistered to prevent theft on store shelves. Just a theory though.

Dabbuu, let me just ask you this. If there has been a handful of blue drills surface and now your loot. Does this mean that the blue drill is a test market or salesman sample and NOT an official release? I am a little curious as to why 5-7 blue drills are out there and not multiples of this stuff.

Also, I haven't been following all your weekly/daily posts. Do you own ALL the resin hard copies of the BB you posted in photos. It would be nice for you to post a listing of what items you have shown and to whether or not you own the actual items or just photos of them. ;)

Also, do you plan on allowing Jkaris to post the photos of your items in the guide giving you the credit for owning them, discovering them, and watermark the photos? I really think that your photos need to be watermarked immediately or you will find people using them w/o permission on their sites or even possibly trying to scam collectors in auctions.

Thanks,
TGB

#19 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:18 PM

Also, I haven't been following all your weekly/daily posts. Do you own ALL the resin hard copies of the BB you posted in photos. It would be nice for you to post a listing of what items you have shown and to whether or not you own the actual items or just photos of them. ;)

He doesnt own them, they are just pictures of the original resin copies of the figures. The bases and chariots he does have.
Posted Image

#20 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:30 PM

they were getting ready for release in the US like the shield battlers! available in 2 stores for 2 days HAHA

excellent theory, I will elt you know exactly later

My guess is that it is a salesman sample for the USA or French/Euro Market. They have a black #110 on it and the colors of the buzzsaw seem to make it appear to be test marketing or possibly to do a series of repaints like so many toy lines do nowadays. If it is blistered and not boxed it was NOT intended for the Japanese market because toys over there during this time period were always boxed because they were not worried about theft in stores. In the USA and Europe toys were blistered to prevent theft on store shelves. Just a theory though.

Also an excellent excellent theory, I was hoping to get people to debate about this before I just let the cat out of the bag ;)

Dabbuu, let me just ask you this. If there has been a handful of blue drills surface and now your loot. Does this mean that the blue drill is a test market or salesman sample and NOT an official release? I am a little curious as to why 5-7 blue drills are out there and not multiples of this stuff.

I have not received any extra blue drills from the guy. As far as I know the three that are out there that we know of are the only three out there. The blue drill I have came from a complete punch box, I assume thats how they all came. I can tell you there aren't multiples of this stuff is because this stuff was specifically made to be showcased in that catolog. I will reveal the rest later.

Also, I haven't been following all your weekly/daily posts. Do you own ALL the resin hard copies of the BB you posted in photos. It would be nice for you to post a listing of what items you have shown and to whether or not you own the actual items or just photos of them. :(

CCvegita answered. All of the photos were sent by takara to Hasbro to try to convince them to pick up the line in the states. This was before Hasbro started producing their own figures here. It was just a sample of what was being made. As far as the actual figures Takara was notorious for not allowing production items out of the factory so these figures almost assuredly were destroyed.

Also, do you plan on allowing Jkaris to post the photos of your items in the guide giving you the credit for owning them, discovering them, and watermark the photos? I really think that your photos need to be watermarked immediately or you will find people using them w/o permission on their sites or even possibly trying to scam collectors in auctions.

Thanks,
TGB

Jkaris is free to use the photos and I would appreciate credit although I am not sure he wants to. As far as watermarking I am unfortunately stupid and can't figure it out but it was going to be done by whiteleo when he had time

dabbuu

Edited by dabbuu, 10 October 2007 - 01:34 PM.

Posted Image

#21 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:36 PM

Here are some more photos I took of the piece

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

dabbuu
Posted Image

#22 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:43 PM

So if you took these photos do you own it? Who does?

TGB

#23 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• 361 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:00 PM

So if you took these photos do you own it? Who does?

TGB

he owns everything he's shown so far except the flesh colored prototypes, which he only owns origional photos of from when Takara was looking for Hasbro to pick up the line

#24 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:20 PM

Ok, just to go out on a limb...let me ask...

Is Hasbro relaunching the series?

The only reason I ask that is because about a year and a half ago I was contacted by the head of the boy's toys division for Hasbro. He was extremely interested in the toy line, all the info I had about the series in the 80's. He wanted card photos, toy photos, etc... He was also extremely interested in my customs and wanted some for his own collection. I tried to meet up w/ him @ SD CC 2006 and we just couldn't hit the right time. I haven't heard from him since. He wanted to do a presentation for the line including a whole multi-media thang...video game, cartoon, lunch boxes, toys, etc...

I know this is a stretch, but, I thought I might just toss it out there. ;)

TGB

#25 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• 361 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:39 PM

HAHA people could send mail away forms to you for premium godbeast figures!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com