10 replies to this topic

#1 caseyroberson

caseyroberson

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:35 AM

I've been thinking of dipping my toes into the mini Boglins world, but I also know that I'm a completist once I get into a line. What would constitute a master set of mini Boglins? How many different sculpts and color variations are there? TIA

#2 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:13 AM

https://miniboglinar...p.com/index.htm

That should have checklists with colors and such.

From what I understand the toughest stuff to get is:

-Samurai (more annoying to get, and for some reason the price seems to be shooting up recently)

-Gold Cool Dudes

-Slime Boglins 

I am sure that others can provide a tone more info though. 

www.instagram.com/sydot_toys

#3 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Mini Boglins

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:34 AM

Always good to see new collectors interested in mini boglins! 

Been a few threads about this in the past. Here is a good one: 

http://www.littlerub...showtopic=96052

Simple answer is that there is at least 971 to collect. (probably a couple more) 

All sculpts in every colour they came in... that would define a Master Set for me, and I don't know of anyone who has achieved it yet.

Good luck! 

#4 caseyroberson

caseyroberson

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:35 AM

Man! I had no idea it was such an extensive line.

#5 ChiefSmog

ChiefSmog

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 06:39 AM

I agree that a true master set equals every sculpt in every colour that they are available in. I think that collecting one of every sculpt available (107) would be a more realistic (though still challenging) target and a fulfilling journey as well. As a fellow completist this the state of my collection and I'm very satisfied.

#6 ChiefSmog

ChiefSmog

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 06:42 AM

There are also new mini boglins that were released over the past few years but I personally regard these as a different line altogether. I _really_ wanted them to be a continuation but they're just not.

#7 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:48 PM

The best thing about this pointless hobby is that you can define your own goals. 

Personally speaking the best thing about collecting is searching for them, and getting things for very low-fair prices. That's the challenge. 

Like all things you can spend a wad and get what you want in a week, but I don't get any joy out of that approach. Quest over. 

So for me I was initially happy acquiring every sculpt. But then I wanted to make sure I had every spy in black... and both the green and purple version of the spies. That was easy enough. 

Then I wanted both the yellow and blue version of each slime. Took a little longer... A few years later I have a small army of slimes  :lol:

Then I wanted every Gold Kellogg's premium (nearly there...) and both colour ways of each Samurai (a few more to go...)

Now I'm very casually trying to amass different colourways of favourite sculpts, but I'm not too bothered about that.

For me the new ones hold little to interest but I'm sure many people love them and that's cool.

Have fun! 

#8 Eclipse86

Eclipse86

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Mini Boglins / MIMP

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:50 AM

The best thing about this pointless hobby is that you can define your own goals. 

Personally speaking the best thing about collecting is searching for them, and getting things for very low-fair prices. That's the challenge. 

Like all things you can spend a wad and get what you want in a week, but I don't get any joy out of that approach. Quest over. 

So for me I was initially happy acquiring every sculpt. But then I wanted to make sure I had every spy in black... and both the green and purple version of the spies. That was easy enough. 

Then I wanted both the yellow and blue version of each slime. Took a little longer... A few years later I have a small army of slimes  :lol:

Then I wanted every Gold Kellogg's premium (nearly there...) and both colour ways of each Samurai (a few more to go...)

Now I'm very casually trying to amass different colourways of favourite sculpts, but I'm not too bothered about that.

For me the new ones hold little to interest but I'm sure many people love them and that's cool.

Have fun! 

Definitely!

Same thing happened to me, in pretty much in that order as well.

All "regular" sculpts first.

Then wanted all Black "Path Finder Spies", and then both Purple and Green versions of Scouts.

Then for every Slime Sculpt (more challenging!) - gah, while I'm at it might as well get both Yellow and Blue versions of each slime too!  :lol:

Whilst all this was going on, I completed all the regular colours in all sculpts for the cool dudes. This was pretty easy and cheap to do as well. They look great laid out in a grid.

Now the above goals are complete - This is where my collection ended for me I think, Whilst I was lucky enough to get 1 gold cool dude (he's not in great shape) in one of my very first auction wins when I started, I value my sanity so decided not to pursue a full gold set  :D

Oh yeh, there are 3 scouts I have that are a little faded with wash as they are early versions, going to try and replace those guys with better conditioned ones.

If I were to try for more colour variants it would be for my samurai. Whilst I have an nice even mix of colours, it would be the next logical bit. Even though I don't think they would fit in my Detolf!

Edited by Eclipse86, 24 October 2018 - 03:52 AM.

#9 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:MINI BOGLIIIIINS

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:18 PM

i believe theres about 925ish. maybe 930

if you exclude pink/orange slimes, and prehistorics (just because this is the only tribe that just seems like a random mess of sculpt/colour combos), im pretty sure there's 875.

i've managed to collect 31 different sculpt/colour combos for prehistorics, but I imagine there is at least another 10-15 i dont have and maybe more that I've never seen. I'd guess there's no more than 50 though. and then if you assume that all slimes exist in pink/orange thats another 8. so my closest guess would be around 933 somewhere. I could be way off, after all there's some sculpts i've never seen even in basic non neon colours

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#10 chieftrog

chieftrog

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 12:32 PM

I'm looking to amass a collective master set website. You guys can reach me on Instagram. Boglinboss

#11 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:58 PM

Sounds good. I'm guessing you are aware of this one that already exists? :) 

https://miniboglinar...p.com/index.htm

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com