• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:16 AM

On the way home from work last night, one of the charity shops on my road had dumped a box of toys outside, for collection by the binmen in the morning. I always hate to see things get thrown away, so thought I'd intervene and "rescue" them, so to speak. Anyone got any ideas what they all are?

Posted Image
There's these knights, I like these. Not so much the skinny one, but the fat ones are nice.

Posted Image
Humanoids of various sizes. I know there's Phoebus from The Hunchback Of Notre Dame, and Dexter. Think I've seen that Cyclops somewhere before too. Haven't got a clue about the rest.

Posted Image
I THINK that's supposed to be a space station, and I THINK the astronaut is supposed to go with it, but maybe not. Who knows?

Posted Image
Robot bird thing, can't find any markings on it.

Posted Image
That lizard thing from Monsters, Inc. Two cars, assuming they're from McDonald's. A little Decepticon lorry, but which one? The other thing, think it's a Transformer, but what do I know? Says "Takara 1984" on its back.

My comics blog - mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s
Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#2 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:57 AM

The blue transformer is Topspin - http://www.transform...&contentid=1924

Looks like the one on the page is slightly different but I've never seen other ones of those two before. I used to have two of the twintwist one. They worked by something like a pull back mechanism where when it went forward it would flip and stand up in robot mode. No idea on the decepticon though sorry.
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#3 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:22 AM

1. The knights on the right remind me of the 90s Fisher Price line, but definitely aren't those since they're inarticulate. Bootlegs of them, maybe?

2. The figure on the far right is the Quantum Ranger from Power Rangers Time Force. The driver in the middle looks very familiar. I know I've seen that figure somewhere before!

4. This is the Condor Galactazord from Power Rangers Lost Galaxy.

5. The "Decepticon lorry" is Scourge from Transformers: Robots in Disguise. This one in particular is from the Spychanger subline. The other robot is indeed Topspin. I don't know what the deal with that other version is, but this is what a Topspin should look like: http://www.tfu.info/...pin/topspin.htm

#4 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:23 AM

I only used that picture because I'd forgotten its name and knew twintwist was the other one like it and that one came up when I did that search. Maybe its some knock off or whatever
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#5 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:22 AM

Cheers for that - THOUGHT they might be Power Rangers things but couldn't find any Bandai or Saban or Disney markings on them, so assumed them to be knock-offs.

As for the Topspin, I can see how it would work, but can't get it into a "car" position that doesn't stop its wheels from moving. Be nice if it did what it supposed to do, mind. Thanks for the assistance there :D

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#6 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:03 AM

Thinking back to when I had a twintwist, it had some kind of clip that held the top half of the robot down into vehicle. After it was pulled back/pushed or whatever something released the clip to make it transform. But there was never an issue with something blocking the wheels. The wheels on the back of the robot and the ones on the feet always lined up ok and allowed for movement so thats odd seeing as they are virtually the same figures
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#7 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:30 AM

Well, there's a swivelly bit on the back of his head, but it doesn't seem to do anything. If you're in the UK you can have this for nothing if you like, never been all that much into Transformers.

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#8 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:12 AM

I am in the Uk but I'm not a transformers collector really, I've got a couple of my favourite ones mainly because I wasn't able to get them as a kid. I'd stick it on ebay, those ones don't get much interest unfortunately, but you might get 99p for it or something:)
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#9 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:27 AM

Hm, for all the hassle eBay entails, and to get 99p for it, I may as well just keep it myself. No wonder I found it in a bin!

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#10 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:24 AM

Yeh those transformers aren't so popular it seems, certainly not compared to some. Annoyingly all the transformers I thought were cool as a kid are super rare and cost a small fortune. But I sure as hell am not going to be £500+ for a fortress maximus, or the £1200 someones paid for one in a box lately. I thought its a recession haha
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#11 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:08 AM

£1200??? That's just... Oof.

If you're interested, I have the Transformers catalogue from 1992, I could scan it in for all to see if there's interest?

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#12 benkobiman

benkobiman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:08 PM

Well, there's a swivelly bit on the back of his head, but it doesn't seem to do anything. If you're in the UK you can have this for nothing if you like, never been all that much into Transformers.

The swivelly bit adjusts how strong the pop up feature is. I had one of these when I was young and my brother had the one you have now. You would have to adjust the little head bit to make sure it landed on it's feet when it popped up. Too much one way it would flip onto it's face...to much the other it would land on it's back. You had to fiddle with it through experimentation to get it to land on it's big feet after popping up.

this is what they're SUPPOSED to do...whether yours still does that or not is a different story. :)

#13 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:28 AM

Nice little video, I've figured out what's going wrong now - he hasn't got the little clip on his leg that goes into the chest (or maybe the other way around) - which explains why the legs won't stay put. Still, nice enough, better here than in a landfill...

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#14 Jestermon

Jestermon

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:53 PM

I have no clue what they are but those Knights are awesome.

Remind me of Soma even though they aren't.
Posted Image

#15 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:17 AM

Yeah, I'm glad to've found those knights, they've really grown on me these past few weeks :D

As for the astronaut, turns out he's got something to do with Action Man. It's got the Action Man logo on the side of the arm, so that's one more "solved".

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com