Marvel Universe

• Please log in to reply
952 replies to this topic

#926 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

Well, the dude who pulled the end cap just stocked them all on the pegs anyway. So I assume not every store is using em. Hmm...I could have asked to have the endcap. Oh well. :p

I've been wanted to find a shocker to at least look at him. I only got Rhino and Lizard cause they looked so great.

Posted Image

#927 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

Found Ultimate Hawkeye and Thor today! They look pretty great! Still didn't see the Hulk. Although I'm not an ultimate fan, I do appreciate the character designs, and hope we get more. I hate that the Ultimate Iron Man fig never showed up in my area.

Posted Image

#928 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

EEEK!! More cross-contamination!! :confused:

http://www.toyark.co...-revealed-5630/

Clever clever Hasbro!

Posted Image

#929 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

I was excited for some MU news since it's been dry since I picked up Patriot, although I did pick up Ultimate Thor today, but this is whatever, I've already got these figures. I did learn that Hawkeye is supposed to be hard to find. Here I thought everybody had a shot at those Secret Wars 2 packs I know I had at least 3 Hawkeyes at one point.

Shrugs at actual news. We'll see how much these are before passing final judgement but I have all these characters already.

#930 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Yeah, same thought here. If it's like $25 for a set, I could stomach it. But I have a feeling they will be closer to $40. I may pass on these. It will be an easier decision since they aren't exactly MU figs. :lol:

I wouldn't mind getting that Hulk and owning another HE. But man...this is just super lazy.

Posted Image

#931 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

Got Sinister/Warlock 2 packs today! :woot: My Pops called me up, while I was at work, to ask if I was looking for anything at Wally World, and sure enough he picked these guys up for me. :) Can't wait to open em.

Already 2 dissapointments though. As mentioned on other forums Sinisters right Shoulder is higher than his left for some reason. And Warlock's Gauntlet is a snap on....so you can see his fist under it? Lame.

Posted Image

#932 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

Bummer about the Infinity Gauntlet, I was already down on Sinister because I don't like the height/scale issue bummer that Adam Warlock has an issue to. Still it will be good to get some new characters since I still haven't seen Psylocke, just white Iron Fists mocking me at Target and Toys R Us now.

#933 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

Dude! Really? The pegs were slammed with that wave at Target today. I don't remember seeing a psylocke, but If I'm back there later this week I'll snag you one. Need anything else?

I'm tempted to use some hot water to see if I can move Sinisters shoulder pad down. He is a great figure, but in a standing pose that shoulder is a serious eye store. His cape is really neat.

Yeah, the gauntlet is a bummer, but it doesn't look terrible on him, just wish they would have either made it a switchable hand, or just made it his standard hand. :unsure:

Sinister and Warlock will probably be single carded next year anyway.

Posted Image

#934 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Yeah, the only ones I have from that wave are Patriot and white Iron Fist so I'd take a Psylocke, I think it is just because product moves kind of slow around here and so my Targets are sitting on the like 3 revision cases they put out on pegs instead of cases of the new wave. I'm sure the others will pop up eventually bu I don't need a situation where I don't have one of the few new characters released not on my shelf because Hasbro waits until next January to release her in a revision case. Let us know how your Sinister fix goes.

#935 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

Sorry man, couldn't find Psylocke. :( They had everything else and then some though. Apparently Psylocke and Patriot are the only two people wanted from that wave. :D

I'll keep my eyes peeled though. As you mentioned she may get a repack soon. She is a popular character, but it could be a while still.

Posted Image

#936 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

So finally I'm able to pick up Warlock/Thanos (they where out of Sinister 2 packs), and Adam Warlock maybe the kick I've been waiting for. Something about that shiny cape paint really makes me happy. Sure there are several problems, Snap On Infinity Gauntlet, but I think he just looks cool standing on my shelf.

It's been so long with just that small stream of new product, I don't remember what's next for Marvel Universe. Who is in the next wave/two packs?

#937 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

Yeah, Warlock was a great new addition! Aside from Sinister's shoulder, the quality has really picked up on the 2 packs from the first and second year offerings.

New 2-Packs? Man.... I think it was Hulk/Wolverine Mandarin/SCIM for the next wave. Not sure what ever happened to the AntMan/MoonKnight pack. Nothing really notable for new characters I don't think. Unless you were like me and missed out on Mandarin in the IM2 series. (think I will just check eBay, see if the hubbub finally is over) And I guess AntMan hasn't gotten a full scale version yet. But I'd like to get a Giant AntMan too. Sucks that we don't get more large scale figs than we do.

The next wave is supposed to be Beast/Kraven/Hulk/Beta/Spidey(UL) I believe. You tend to forget when they drag stuff out like this. I hope all this Movie nonsense doesn't kill the line.

Posted Image

#938 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

Found those Avengers 4 packs today. Picked em up. The price wasn't terrible, only $29.99 a set at Wally's. So that's like 7.50 each. Looks like there isn't much difference between them and the MU singles though. I'll have to do a good comparison when I have time.

I also saw some Blasphemous Marvel Universe figs at Dollar General the other day. They had those crummy Marvel Universe wannabe figures (you know the lower quality figs that come with the vehicles) single packed on MU style backer cards for $6 bucks a pop. BLEH!! They could have at least just stuffed some normal repaints in there without accessories or something, like they are doing for the DG exclusive Joes.

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 19 May 2012 - 04:52 PM.

Posted Image

#939 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

I also saw some Blasphemous Marvel Universe figs at Dollar General the other day. They had those crummy Marvel Universe wannabe figures (you know the lower quality figs that come with the vehicles) single packed on MU style backer cards for $6 bucks a pop. BLEH!! They could have at least just stuffed some normal repaints in there without accessories or something, like they are doing for the DG exclusive Joes.

There was a wave of figures earlier this year or late last year that was precisely that. The most notable figure in the wave was a Thor with a blue Mjolnir, who instantly became scalper-bait on eBay. The others were a WW2 Cap, a Wolverine of some kind, and I think the MU wave 1 Iron Man for the millionth time, but I'm unsure about the exact versions of the last two (because I can't find them on eBay, hah).

I checked my Family Dollar a few times once I heard those figures were around but I've only ever seen the shitty vehicle figures. Shame on Hasbro for pawning off that crap for $6!

Edited by BaltanII, 19 May 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#940 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:35 AM

Yeah, I checked every store (I think Family Dollar) in my area for those variants. I wanted that blue highlighted Thor. But all I found were the standard figs and no variants. I think only certain areas got any of these. As they certainly weren't released in this state. :(

But to chunk those crummy pack in figs on pegs is a pretty lame move.

Posted Image

#941 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

Checked the Avengers 4 packs. Kind of weird. As far as I could tell, there is virtually no differences between these figs and the MU versions. If there is, it's so slight that you really wouldn't notice.
The only 2 I can spot any mild differences in are Black Widow and Ultimate Cap.
Widow's face paint seemed slightly different and her bracers and belt are a more silvery color as opposed to the MU version's which are a grayish color.
Cap is the same, but his shield deco is a little different.

Thor, both Iron Man figs, Hawkeye, and Loki are pretty much identical to their MU counterparts. I really wanted that Hulk, but I'm starting to think maybe I should take these back and save some cash. :p

Posted Image

#942 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

Found the clear Iron Spidey yesterday at Walmart. Neat! :p

Posted Image

#943 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

:woot: Masters of Evil Set! :woot:

http://marvelousnews...23&itemid=15095

Posted Image

#944 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

Even though I hate Paul Pelletier's artwork, I am digging the new MU Hulk coming out. I even like that it's a little bit smaller.

#945 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:41 AM

Yeah, he does look good. I actually can't wait for the Red Hulk recolor that is coming with the new team pack. In fact, they might have just as well did a versus 2 pack with Green vs. Red Hulk. :unsure:

Posted Image

#946 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

I back that!

#947 Battlechaser7

Battlechaser7

Epicurian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

Yeah, he does look good. I actually can't wait for the Red Hulk recolor that is coming with the new team pack. In fact, they might have just as well did a versus 2 pack with Green vs. Red Hulk. :unsure:

It would have to be better than compound Hulk, The 3 pack looks amazing though I'm loving the redo they did but the Masters of Evil has it beat simply on new figures alone by far.

Attached File  MOE1.jpg   163.02K   21 downloads

Their needs to be allot more variety rather than yet another repaint

The colossus - Juggy 2 packs is on my wish list. Amazing, simply amazing

Attached File  ColossusJuggy_small.jpg   3.5K   19 downloads
キン肉マン

I buy toys, So I can sell toys, So I can buy more toys...

My Need toys link--Please check out for trades, updated as trades occur
need toys
My Available Trades
got toys

#948 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

So it appears Marvel Universe is on its last legs. Singles have had no new intros since early spring with a few repacks here and there. The comic 2 packs seemed to have a bit of a resurrection in the last 5 or 6 months. But their stock is minimal when they do come in and restocks are either very late if they ever come at all. I think Thanos/Adam Warlock is a pipe dream for me at this point, unfortunately. I'm not sure if the horrendouse Avenger's & Spider-man movie lines have anything at all to do with this MU attrition or not. Maybe they've run out of marketable characters.

#949 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

I found wave 19 at walmart, and some of 18 at TRU, but yeah, pretty dead stock lately. I've always been good at finding them without a problem, but this year I gave up, and decided to go internet. Saved me more on gas than the extra shipping costs etc online have cost me. Picked up the rest of wave 18 and the FF spidey from Amoktime.com along with the new Avengers team pack. Got the new comic packs off eBay. And HTS has the Cap/Falcon Strange/Surfer 2 packs up for preorder. So I got those too. Still looking for the TRU exclusive 2 packs SheHulk/Wolv Mags/Cap, and the Miles Spidey.

Just got tired of striking out. I think Hasbro has had a hard time this year getting vendors to pick up their less mainstream lines. Surely has something to do with all the Spiderman and Avengers stock, not to mention the other Marvel Movies stock still taking up space. I guess they figure why should they buy more Marvel stock when they have it.

Hopefully things pick back up, and sightings reports start rolling in for the next couple of waves. Some really great offerings this year.

Posted Image

#950 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Well, there are some signs of life for MU. I just saw the recent series at Target. Kraven the Hunter, Beta Ray Bill, Classic X-men Beast, finally a great looking MU Hulk, and of course a very typical Spidey with web bag. Kraven and Beast looked great to me. I'm not familiar with Beta Ray. He is an odd Thor pedigree. I think the new single pack Hulk is equivalent to the recent comic 2 pack including him. Anyhow, glad to see it's still plugging along. I think down the road when I look at these figures, I will have a fond appreciation for them. Overall, it has great figures and a hugely comprehensive base of characters!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com