• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#101 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:58 AM

BTW: I won the Troll lot and T-Rex lot.
I'm sure they'll have a new batch ready to go soon tho. :mellow:

Well I got my 3 figures today and am disappointed, the seller marked them at the value of $74.97 when I asked please could they put it at $15 due to customs fees, so I've been charged nearly £17 just get them. I've written to them explaing I am unhappy at this, as they didn't reply to my earlier message after I bought them. Has anyone else got this problem?
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#102 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:03 AM

Well I got my 3 figures today and am disappointed, the seller marked them at the value of $74.97 when I asked please could they put it at $15 due to customs fees, so I've been charged nearly £17 just get them. I've written to them explaing I am unhappy at this, as they didn't reply to my earlier message after I bought them. Has anyone else got this problem?

Seller increadily annoyed and threatens to forward my email to ebay due to me asking them to break the law by writing a smaller customs. Charming seller, and then says I have to leave feedback or it'll get forwarded regardless. Anyone else care to write if they've also been charged for these figures arriving?
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#103 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:38 AM

Technically (legally) they shouldn't really mark the value of the items down, but that's basically the reason I didn't buy more than one $20 lot from them. Anything over about $28 or so arriving from outside the EU gets VAT and a ridiculous Post Office handling fee of £8 slapped on top of it.

I have a policy of not buying expensive items from sellers who won't mark stuff down, so they're just cheating themselves out of sales. But this seller has done everything "right" and by the book (if you think keeping to the letter of an unjust law is "right", of course).
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#104 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:46 AM

Technically (legally) they shouldn't really mark the value of the items down, but that's basically the reason I didn't buy more than one $20 lot from them. Anything over about $28 or so arriving from outside the EU gets VAT and a ridiculous Post Office handling fee of £8 slapped on top of it.

I have a policy of not buying expensive items from sellers who won't mark stuff down, so they're just cheating themselves out of sales. But this seller has done everything "right" and by the book (if you think keeping to the letter of an unjust law is "right", of course).

You're right, just its a pain when I always lower customs forms when buyers ask (I saved a guy £50 odd pounds once) and practically every person I've bought from never puts the right total down either. Thing is if it were them posting an item say to a relation in the UK they'd not leave it for them to get charged. But you're right its all by the book, just they could have written to say that before posting. They've said in future they'll put it on their auctions and communicate with the buyers. Bit is a lousy law, which doesn't work that much and I think sometimes people turn a blind eye to it as I've had things come though with higher than $20 written on it without a niggle.
Ah well, at least the guy I bought my orange ganesh and some others from put the value down at $10 and one guy didn't even put a value on - I thought you were supposed to regardless.

Anyway 3 more figures less to collect so I guess thats ok.
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#105 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:23 AM

Sorry but this seller sounds like a total bee-eye-itch. What's the effin' harm in putting a greatly decreased value on a package? I do it every single time i send something abroad!
Despite how much you paid (which is fine) can that price really be justified in the 'value' of the package? For a couple of stinkin' rubber figures!? :D
I despise this kind of 'by the book, boy scout, lame ass' mentality. It's bad for business. :D

Btw, i never doubted the the figures being genuine, just from the pics they look 100% legit but asking for premature feedback is taking the piss.

This seller ignored my last msg (which was polite) so despite me wanting an Orange Hydra this seller can kiss my ass. I'll get one through other avenues.

Greedy cow. :D :D

#106 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:35 AM

Sorry but this seller sounds like a total bee-eye-itch. What's the effin' harm in putting a greatly decreased value on a package? I do it every single time i send something abroad!
Despite how much you paid (which is fine) can that price really be justified in the 'value' of the package? For a couple of stinkin' rubber figures!? :D
I despise this kind of 'by the book, boy scout, lame ass' mentality. It's bad for business. :D

Btw, i never doubted the the figures being genuine, just from the pics they look 100% legit but asking for premature feedback is taking the piss.

This seller ignored my last msg (which was polite) so despite me wanting an Orange Hydra this seller can kiss my ass. I'll get one through other avenues.

Greedy cow. :D :D

Don't blame you mate, I always lower the customs too. I mean sure if you sell something and get a lot more than you expected you still have an idea of what the things worth really. They said to me they were having a lot of messages about the figures and didnt reply to mine, then said they googled about customs and how you can get thrown in jail for not putting the right amount and didnt know how to reply to my message. How would anyone really trace the value of a figure in a packet, to the auction cost. I don't know but I've put values down in front of the post people, theyve seen what I've written is in it, then the value and never onces have said isn't that a bit low or anything. But you win some and lose some and this is definitely a loss. My customs cost was enough to have bought a 4th figure. Just hope someone gets hold of some of these ones and is more fairer in selling or at least responding to messages etc. Which reminds me I need to put up a trade message on here somewhere for a few items I've got dupes of to see what people would offer for them.
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#107 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:36 AM

WTF is the right amount? Theres no official guide on these things. Seller is a douche. Next week the same auction could sell for half as much. In that case did the seller lie and illegally inflate the price for his custom form?

#108 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:07 AM

WTF is the right amount?

Technically, whatever you paid for it.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#109 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:47 AM

Technically, whatever you paid for it.

Seller is feedback obsessed, continued to ask me leave feedback or I'll report you to ebay. Left neutral and told them I don't see why I should have to leave feedback instantly anyway. Not going to be buying from them again. Its in a buyers right to leave feedback when they want to - if at all I thought. Anyway thats my optinion on it for today.
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#110 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:57 PM

http://answercenter....eadID=900234524

It is a newer eBay/PayPal policy, not utter, random bullshizznit. Even though it sounds like it is!

A lot of new sellers are running into a Paypal hold of 21 days to have their funds released. Your seller probably hasn't read through what else they can do to get the funds released. Not just when the buyer leave positive feedback, they can also have their funds released by providing paypal with proof of delivery, or wait the 21 days with no disputes.

I think somebody else brought this up on LRG as well? Not sure.

#111 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:07 AM

Got my 3 T-Rex's and 3 Troll's in today. They all look minty fresh!
I'm glad I did'nt miss out on these! :D

#112 RareBob

RareBob

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:MIMPS :) Series 1, 2 and 3

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:40 AM

Hmmm getting quite concerned as i have only recieved 3 of each and the hydras are not in the best of conditions.

Unsure what is happening as i bought first and yet i'm still waiting on mine!!

Bob

#113 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:54 AM

Hmmm getting quite concerned as i have only recieved 3 of each and the hydras are not in the best of conditions.

Unsure what is happening as i bought first and yet i'm still waiting on mine!!

Bob

What's wrong with the Hydra's, dude?

#114 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:31 AM

What's wrong with the Hydra's, dude?

Hey bob, they might be at your local post office cos mine got charged due to the customs value written on them. As yours were 70 odd quid I'd imagine they are either still clearing or might be at your post office as mine got stopped there till I paid the fees.
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#115 RareBob

RareBob

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:MIMPS :) Series 1, 2 and 3

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:31 PM

Nope defo not at the sorting office as just around from my work checked everyday and nothing also no notes posted which u usually get from MIMP from USA as had custom bills before.

Damage is to the noses and feet slight rubbing makes them look browny very disappointed esp after paying what now is a overblown price!!

I'm surprised as well as everyone else seems to have got the figures and in good condition - guess i'm just unlucky :p

Not sure what to do written to seller twice with no response (dont like having to report / give negative feedback as never had but leaving me no options)

:D

#116 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:35 AM

Nope defo not at the sorting office as just around from my work checked everyday and nothing also no notes posted which u usually get from MIMP from USA as had custom bills before.

Damage is to the noses and feet slight rubbing makes them look browny very disappointed esp after paying what now is a overblown price!!

I'm surprised as well as everyone else seems to have got the figures and in good condition - guess i'm just unlucky :thumbsup:

Not sure what to do written to seller twice with no response (dont like having to report / give negative feedback as never had but leaving me no options)

B)

They arent a very forthcoming seller I think, some people said they'd messaged and not got a reply before. But I am pretty sure they'll answer if you said about reporting or negative feedback seeing as they don't get their money unless positive/neutral feedback is left.
My figures I got were good condition so maybe you really were just unlucky, though with the amount of them they have its a bit unfortunate. Check the description and if theres anything about condition being good you'll have a valud argument along with not receiving them I guess
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#117 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:58 AM

They arent a very forthcoming seller I think, some people said they'd messaged and not got a reply before. But I am pretty sure they'll answer if you said about reporting or negative feedback seeing as they don't get their money unless positive/neutral feedback is left.
My figures I got were good condition so maybe you really were just unlucky, though with the amount of them they have its a bit unfortunate. Check the description and if theres anything about condition being good you'll have a valud argument along with not receiving them I guess

To be honest I got my figs in a good condition (also if I were aware of the extra costs for delivery I might not have paid the price asked) but with the seller getting sooo concerned about getting feedback from you they arent that bothered about leaving some for me same with U lot 2?
“I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.â€￾ Bill Hicks R.I.P
My Collection
http://www.littlerub...=0

#118 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:04 AM

I left them feedback,but I never got any back. ~ LAME
I just emailed them about it too :)

#119 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:08 AM

To be honest I got my figs in a good condition (also if I were aware of the extra costs for delivery I might not have paid the price asked) but with the seller getting sooo concerned about getting feedback from you they arent that bothered about leaving some for me same with U lot 2?

lololol I left neutral cos they got so shirty - still meant they got their money mind you as they said positive or neutral it didn't matter. I wonder if bob has his figures now?
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#120 popculturizm

popculturizm

Serious Collector

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

I'm sure everyones seen this auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=270692329788

#121 wolfmen

wolfmen

Budding Collector

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:40 PM

I'm sure everyones seen this auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270692329788

really high prize by now.
Im happy to have bought a set with 3 orange hidras for only 19 bucks time ago. :thumbsup:

Edited by wolfmen, 15 January 2011 - 08:44 PM.

#122 dazz82

dazz82

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

The guy who won legendary-soldier with only 2 feedback has decided he doesn't want to pay that much for them now. Arghh how annoying, to be honest I never thought they would go for that much anyway would of much rather sold them with no hassle for less. Instead of putting them back on evil bay does anyone here want any of them? I suppose I would rather trade if anyone has any doubles of uncommon or premiums they would want to swap just let me know. Cheers

#123 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

The guy who won legendary-soldier with only 2 feedback has decided he doesn't want to pay that much for them now. Arghh how annoying, to be honest I never thought they would go for that much anyway would of much rather sold them with no hassle for less. Instead of putting them back on evil bay does anyone here want any of them? I suppose I would rather trade if anyone has any doubles of uncommon or premiums they would want to swap just let me know. Cheers

Why don't you just make a second chance offer to the runner up? Their bid of £90 was only £2 less than the winning bid.

#124 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

Master of the Palm and Foot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

Right now starting to dread the hell out of seeing so many premiums pop up in auctions. I'm still trying to fill in the gaps in my original color series 1 set, but it seems every time a good lot pops up *boom* there's two or more premiums or worse a series 3, and I just move on to the next. :\

Not that people shouldn't get money for them mind you, it's just...there seems to be quite the abundance as of late.

Edited by KungFuMan, 17 January 2011 - 11:11 PM.

#125 dazz82

dazz82

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

I wouldn't even know where to start to do that haha my eBay skills aren't quite what they should be.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com