176 replies to this topic

#76 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:35 AM

Hmm cool looking from that angle. I wonder why they have that whole cardboard display but only those 2 figures on it? And all the Marvel stuff crammed on little shelves.

#77 Xgamer

Xgamer

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:39 AM

Imagine a Battle Beasts line sculpted by the 4 Horsemen. :lol:

If you want that it already exists
Posted Image

But too far from the original BB line for me.

Looks like thegodbeats custum figs o.o

#78 Xgamer

Xgamer

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:47 AM

More images of the awesome new battle beast

http://i.marvelousne...d...600&start=0

dabbuu

i only saw the same battle beastss o.o the gator

#79 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:55 AM

More images of the awesome new battle beast

http://i.marvelousne...d...600&start=0

dabbuu

i only saw the same battle beast o.o the gator

:lol: yeah... and another lousy pic too...
Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#80 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:22 AM

Hasbro's concept art from last year ROCKED and any BB collector would welcome that level of BB/LB toy! I sure would!

MiniMate/DST's articulated block style figure is ok for MiniMate collectors, not for me.

The only way BB/LB could make it back and sell would be if they did sculpts like Hasbro's concept sketch and re-issued the vintage ones w/ different paint variants than the originals. Hasbro could have easily done this every time they do the whole Beast Wars line...they could have attempted a relaunch of BB/LB in the TF universe, but, in a way stronger way than the original.

MiniMate's playset is probably just something they made a mock of for SD CC. I am sure it wouldn't be that flimsy cardboard, because if it was...that would for sure be pure junk.

I don't think MiniMate BB are a bad idea, just not a solution to a relaunching of the line. I won't buy any of these, they just aren't anywhere near as kewl as the originals or Hasbro's sketch.

BTW, Cornboy/Eric (4HM) and his son are BB fans. He is a member here.

TGB

#81 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:28 PM

BTW, here is a link to the Minimate fans' site and looks like they think we are haters or a grouchy bunch of vintage collectors. Funny though, it appears that the diehard TF fans are just as skeptical of the Minimates BB line as well. They have the same concerns regarding these new figures. The one thing I hope is that Minimates will make kewl playsets at least and who knows, maybe if they did Laser Beasts and actually gave them orbs that worked this line could do something. The fact remains, if these don't have fire, wood, and water symbols...they missed the boat. Who knows, if the armor is removeable maybe it is on the body...not sure that would do anything for me either. I am just not a fan of the block/mini figures at all...Legos are ok, but, those too lack details, at least the Lego video games are fun. Maybe if they produce a BB video game, I would buy that.

CLICK HERE

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 02 August 2009 - 07:47 AM.

#82 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:39 PM

BTW, here is a link to the Minimate fans' site and looks like they think we are haters or a grouchy bunch of vintage collectors. Funny though, it appears that the diehard TF fans are just as skeptical of the Minimates BB line as well. They have the same concerns regarding these new figures. The one think I hope is that Minimates will make kewl playsets at least and who knows, maybe if they did Laser Beasts and actually gave them orbs that worked this line could do something. The fact remains, if these don't have fire, wood, and water symbols...they missed the boat. Who knows, if the armor is removeable maybe it is on the body...not sure that would do anything for me either. I am just not a fan of the block/mini figures at all...Legos are ok, but, those too lack details, at least the Lego video games are fun. Maybe if they produce a BB video game, I would buy that.

CLICK HERE

The diehard TF fans have never been BB fans. They consider BB as just plastic junk. Some even doesn't consider Beastformers as part of the TF universe. So it's not a surprise for me. But it's a surprise that so many TF sites/blogs talk about this news.

#83 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

I am still not at all impressed. I will wait to see what they look like when they are released. I hope they don't screw it up. This line has the potential to be the greatest of all time. Hell they could have marketed it better back in the 80's. Hasbro screwed it up as well. If they would have came out with cartoons, comics, cards well it would be a different story. I didn't even know they had names until I join the beastformer forum back in 04.

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#84 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:18 PM

BTW, here is a link to the Minimate fans' site and looks like they think we are haters or a grouchy bunch of vintage collectors. Funny though, it appears that the diehard TF fans are just as skeptical of the Minimates BB line as well. They have the same concerns regarding these new figures. The one thing I hope is that Minimates will make kewl playsets at least and who knows, maybe if they did Laser Beasts and actually gave them orbs that worked this line could do something. The fact remains, if these don't have fire, wood, and water symbols...they missed the boat. Who knows, if the armor is removeable maybe it is on the body...not sure that would do anything for me either. I am just not a fan of the block/mini figures at all...Legos are ok, but, those too lack details, at least the Lego video games are fun. Maybe if they produce a BB video game, I would buy that.

CLICK HERE

The diehard TF fans have never been BB fans. They consider BB as just plastic junk. Some even doesn't consider Beastformers as part of the TF universe. So it's not a surprise for me. But it's a surprise that so many TF sites/blogs talk about this news.

True, but, lots of those same die hard TF fans do have BB in their collections, they just don't admit it. Or they just have the ones that were in the Headmasters cartoon for representation/completism. Either way, their concerns posted on these forums are exactly the same things that have been said here and many of them are now coming out of the woodwork saying they like the vintage line better than what Minimates/DST displayed @ SD CC 2009.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a hater...I am just stating that these are in no way a re-launch or replacement for what should and could be done w/ this line.

None of the new MOTU made MOTU worse...not the re-issues, not the 200X, not the Staticons, and not the latest line.

These seem like a stretch...

No symbols
Different armor (from the originals)
Different colors (from the originals)
Blocky/awkward
Cartoonish

Then the playset...that is cardboard junk that has got to be nothing more than a mock proposal piece meant solely for pitching the line. Most kids these days would destroy that thing in 2.5 seconds.

Don't get me wrong...these could prove to be kewler than this single weak display...I mean come on...if a toy company wants to excite collectors, you don't show up to SD CC w/ one figure and a cardboard playset to get fans like us all excited. You have at least a dozen figures and either a kewl diorama displaying them or a real playset.

Sorry if this upsets you Sylvain, but, money is tight for most of us these days and this just isn't explosive enough for me to toss out $ on. Now for those of you that are doing fine $-wise and die hard BB collectors, I am excited for you guys because at least you have something new/official BB to collect now. Same for the die hard Minimates collectors, something new for them.

For those collectors of BB that don't have a complete set or the LB, get ready...here goes the prices on the vintage line...$$$ All those Minimate collectors are gonna jump into collecting the old stuff here and there. Those Minimates collectors that have $ to blow will most likely drive some character's prices way up!

Just my personal thoughts.

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 02 August 2009 - 07:47 AM.

#85 Skitz

Skitz

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Masters of the Universe, Transformers, and more old toys!

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

Hi, I'm new here. I've never had much of an interest in Battle Beasts until I saw the announcement that they were getting a revival. I'm not a fan of mini mates at all, so whether I buy this new line will largely depend on how the rest of the figures look and if there will be vehicles and playsets. I've been looking at some of the original figures and I'm really starting to warm up to them. I think I'll be purchasing my first couple figures in the next couple weeks. Figures I'm eyeing are Pirate Lion, Sawtooth Shark, Pugnacious Penguin, and a couple others. I also want that Shark playset/vehicle, that thing looks ridiculous!

I look forward to visiting these forums more often now. :)

#86 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:11 PM

You're right Marty about the TF fans making their coming out :)

The only concern than come regulary in comments is the lack of symbol. The majority want rub signs. I agree with this point but I'm not necessary asking for a rub sign. Any kind of undercover symbol would work for me.

I don't understand your comment about the armor and the color. The gator armor is differnet that the original gruesome gator for sure but it still in the same way. As for the color. It's the SkullGrotess color scheme !

As for the blocky part I can understand that it may not be like by everyone. But hey ! What have Hasbro done about BB during the last years ? You're in a good place to know that they were people working for them that have tried to get them back directly at Hasbro. But the result was null. Nothing new and to be honnest I think now that Hasbro wouldn't have re-launched the line in the future. Without DST I think that BB would have been dead forever.

PS: I used to collect vintage MOTU when the 200X line has been released and I have always thought that this 200X were the worst MOTU figures ever made. I never bought any even if when I have seen some at clearance for just a few bucks. But I have never post posts in MOTU related board saying that the 200X was just shizznit and that they will failed for sure. But it was my feeling. I was just happy for the hardcore MOTU fans that had new stuff to buy.

#87 Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:36 PM

Huh, I am on the fence on these new guys, I will probably buy them once I get a job, but I am uncomfortable. I will probably view them as a different reality of Battle Beasts and not the core set. But then, when I played Battle Beasts as a kid, they played alongside MUSCLES, generic toys that were the same size, a large collection of laminated paper battle beasts I made, Godzilla figures, McDonald's toys, MOTU figures, and other things, so some weird articulated beasts would have fit in just fine. I do like that the figure looks more sculpted and less like the cube shape a lot of the kubrix things are. I never really liked them. At least maybe there will be more Battle Beast fans and maybe something will happen.
Posted Image

#88 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:52 AM

Hi, I'm new here. I've never had much of an interest in Battle Beasts until I saw the announcement that they were getting a revival. I'm not a fan of mini mates at all, so whether I buy this new line will largely depend on how the rest of the figures look and if there will be vehicles and playsets. I've been looking at some of the original figures and I'm really starting to warm up to them. I think I'll be purchasing my first couple figures in the next couple weeks. Figures I'm eyeing are Pirate Lion, Sawtooth Shark, Pugnacious Penguin, and a couple others. I also want that Shark playset/vehicle, that thing looks ridiculous!

I look forward to visiting these forums more often now. :)

Welcome to the forum Skitz. Just so you know I have some MIB figures up on Ebay right now. ;) On being Pugnacious Penguin. Check out the got toys section and you will find a link.

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#89 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:27 PM

Wow.....I swear every year when I go out of town on a missions trip something big pops up with BBs. EVERY YEAR!

Anyway, I think Steve said it best. I am REALLY glad they are bringing these back......but that figure, if it is real, is kinda a let down. Before when we saw the picture of the hyena in the TF book, I was excited. I thought that if they did them in that style it would be different and up to date, but still classic enough for everyone to be nostalgic. I really dont like the blocky style of it. A big let down. :thanks:
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#90 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 573 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:32 AM

Who else wants to pre-order :lol:

http://www.diamondse.....ategoryID=381

dabbuu
Posted Image

#91 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:31 AM

Who else wants to pre-order :)

Is THAT a way to relaunch MY CHILDHOOD-HEROES :ulp:

30 effing $ for 2 lame mini-figs and a lousy cardboard playset... :lol:
... :ulp: are you kidding me? :ulp:

The 2nd (human) figure isn't even a "battle-bozo" and they changed the name of
Gruesome Gator into Gator Guard... guess someone lost some stripes... :ulp:

Attached File  BattlebeastsrelaunchFAILURE01.jpg   143.67K   39 downloads

PS here's their excuse of a launch-text:

"The first action figure playset of its kind, this specially-designed Minimates Laboratory Playset
is perfect for any collection of super heroes, aliens, robots or any other mini-figure
between 2" and 3 3/4"! Featuring a new fold-up collapsible design and removable floor panels,
prepare for a journey into the imagination like none other!
This playset also includes two exclusive Minimates not available anywhere else -
the Minimate M.A.X. Tactical Ops and Battle Beast Gator Guard!
Price: $29.99"

DK, :cry: crying his lungs out!!!

Edited by Donkeykid77, 18 August 2009 - 09:33 AM.

Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#92 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:20 AM

I personally do not like the new releases. I also dont like the minimates line. Which might be why i dislike the approach. I personally, would rather see new sculpts/animals in the same style. Or even repaints w/new weapons of the same figures. IMO the new releases are far inferior to their vintage counterparts. The whole idea of crossbreeding BB and Minimates is a bad idea. Definitely two toy lines better off by themselves.

Bottom Line: The BB relaunch could have been better and is somewhat dissapointing. I would have liked to see a better revival. Makes me wish I was a part of the Hasbro team responsible for the launch. Although exciting to see Hasbro toying w/the idea of bringing back BB I think it will be nowhere near as cool. Do not think I will be buying these for my collection. :lol:

#93 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:21 AM

By the way, are all Minimates that expensive? $30 for 2 figs seems a little steep for a newly released mini fig.

#94 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:32 AM

Wow. Disappointment. Personally, I think Mini-mates are some of the most depressingly ugly and boring figures out there. To find out that they are going to merge Battle Beasts with these gross little abominations makes me want to vomit with rage. These things may end up being a hit with the Mini-mate collectors, and hey, good for them, but I just dont see them luring in any real Battle Beast collectors. In a world where there are so many awesomely sculpted toys out there, 4H for an obvious example, I cant imagine a fully functioning adult human thinking that it would be better or cooler to do Battle Beasts in this generic style when there is so much potential to make them truely bad @ss. And for the price? Gimme a break. Im sorry but in my opinion, that little gator guy is just pathetic.

#95 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:35 AM

I'd say the value of that set is contingent on the playset. If they used a nice strong cardboard, then it might be worth it. Hell, there are cardboard vintage Star Wars playsets that still look good.

If they used cheap cardboard, then the price sucks.

#96 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 573 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:03 AM

I really don't get what the problem is. You get a base that semi transforms and the first battle beast in 25 year for $30. Seems like a sweet deal to me :blush:. When they release battle beast two packs if its anything like minimate two packs that should be $7 based on the minimate prices. I do however really hope the beast has a symbol under the armor and will be quite upset if it doesn't.

dabbuu
Posted Image

#97 Blitzwulf

Blitzwulf

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:14 AM

30 clams for printed cardboard, a beast, and a human...hmm...think I"ll pass. (and I thought the display at sdcc was thrown together on short notice or something.)

Minimates needs to take a look at what gormiti has been doing.

#98 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

You mean the toyline that has been around ~9 years should look to the one that is failing in the US after ~1 year. :blush:

#99 Blitzwulf

Blitzwulf

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:24 AM

You mean the toyline that has been around ~9 years should look to the one that is failing in the US after ~1 year. :blush:

Failing? Really? I've been seeing an increase in series 2 figures, and finally wave 2 repaints....not to mention playsets, and the large figures rolling into Targets all over the state. Give me fire mountain over cardboard box anytime.

Edited by Blitzwulf, 18 August 2009 - 11:27 AM.

#100 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:57 AM

I've seen them being blown out at clearance prices and clogging the shelves. :blush:

Either way, the point is that Mini-Mates have a history of sustained performance. They don't need to look at other lines for help or guidance. Of course, that doesn't mean that everybody will like what they do.

I think I said this before, I don't see BB's "new" release as any different than MUSCLE as Ultimate MUSCLE. Both were niche products that sported significantly different looks in the re-release. Some people loved it, some people will hate it, and there won't be many people left in the middle.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com