• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, G.I.Joe, Star Wars, Battle Beasts, and Gormiti.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:19 AM

After I opened my new twopacks I noticed a running change in the packaging. They fixed the inherit problem of being able to see the number on the foot. Now the packages have a little shiny circle in the blister under the foot with the number. I'm glad I got the #9's I found before they swapped up the package style. At least now we have the added randomness similar to the European foil packs. Fun, fun! This should definitely add to the trading of figures amongest the kids. I'm sure some kids will just want to have figures regardless of low numbers and some kids will only want #8's and #9's. That should lead to a trade system similar to two low number figures for a high number figure. Should be interesting to see if this helps the collectability of the line. I also should be able to go back to my Target and detemine what other twopacks shipped with the last five I needed, thereby confirming the second case distribution by deduction. ;)

Edited by LethalWhip, 27 January 2009 - 07:54 PM.

#2 Professor

Professor

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:23 PM

Do kids in europe really care for the point values? Gormiti isnt exactly cheap, and trading two figs for one higher point fig is kinda absurd. I would understand trading two for one if for some reason I cant really find a specific character and I have several doubles to trade.

So far though, I havent really had trouble searching for specific figures. Feeling up the foils is hella easy. Never once did I think of buying several four packs just to get the guaranteed new sculpts. You'll eventually run into all the figs in foil form anyway.
Filth fighters standing for all that is clean!

#3 Professor

Professor

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:26 PM

Plus, you guys in the US dont have foils. I doubt kids would buy similar figures in hopes of just getting higher numbers.

#4 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:04 PM

Well I can remember playing pokemon and kids with money would buy single cards at crazy prices in the hopes to gain the upper hand. I'm sure if kids go for the game angle and if they have money they will buy doubles to try and get higher #'s to have the upper hand.

#5 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

i don't think there's enough depth to the game to get kids' blood pumping.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#6 Professor

Professor

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

Hell, theres not enough game to get any game going at all.

#7 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:30 PM

You mean it actually counts as a game?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:40 PM

Wasn't crazybones a game? I remember when I worked at the toy store 10 years ago those were insanely popular.

#9 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:55 PM

Yeah, Crazybones were basically just modified dice. Gormiti, though, seems like it takes less strategy than Rock, paper, Scissors.

#10 Battlechaser7

Battlechaser7

Epicurian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:13 PM

Yeah, Crazybones were basically just modified dice. Gormiti, though, seems like it takes less strategy than Rock, paper, Scissors.

At some point there will be a figure with a star on the foot and create a MIMP crazy with an astronomical value. : (
キン肉マン

I buy toys, So I can sell toys, So I can buy more toys...

My Need toys link--Please check out for trades, updated as trades occur
need toys
My Available Trades
got toys

#11 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:48 AM

http://www.boardgame....com/game/32070

Gormiti is on Boardgamegeek.com

Crazybones arn't.

Then again, Rock Paper Scissors and Pog is on Boardgamegeek.com as well.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#12 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:38 AM

i prefer to have figures with lower values - i wanna build an army of craptastic Gormiti! Let's see how well they evolve now with a foot value of 1 or 2!
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#13 SpyMagician

SpyMagician

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:28 PM

Yeah, the "game" has little if any appeal. It's FAR too simplistic.

With Pokemon cards and Bakugan out there, kids are hardly going to be that excited by what amounts to playing "War" with a deck of cards. Hell, at least with "War" there's a random element.

I thought it was very interesting that Little Tykes/MGA's Number Busters takes the Gormiti game and spins it as an educational/math tool for younger kids.

Also, in Italy I think the seperately sold Battlecards might add some more depth of play to Gormiti. I haven't translated the instructions, but there are LOT more stats than just the one on the pack in cards... Of course those probably don't even need the figures...

At the end of the day, I think Gormiti in the USA will live or die on whether kids like the characters and want to collect the toys.

If I were Playmates, I would have launched with the Cartoon Series, used the TV show to push the toys, and made sure to release the core product (minis) alongside some playsets and action figures. Push it as a brand rather than a stand alone toy/game.

As much as I'd love to see Gormiti thrive in the USA, I fear that in the current economy with no TV show to back it, it will probably not last...

Spy

#14 Professor

Professor

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:52 PM

They should definitely launch the cartoon series. I skimmed through some of the episodes in youtube and it seems like a good enough show for kids to get into.

Although, they'd have to release the cartoon toyline to match it. Kids would want to own the main protagonists of the show.

IMO, they should've just released the cartoon series as series 1 for the US alongside the show. The energheia series 1 wouldnt really complement the cartoon well even if some of the characters make appearances.

Since they arent going that route, Gormiti will simply just be another LRG line since there isnt any supporting media and not enough game to back it up. Based on the preference of kids these days, I doubt they'd go for "just an LRG line" unlike back in the day were mimps, muscles, tbbs and whatnot where enough to keep us busy.

#15 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:04 PM

I finally found one of the "new" packages with the silver foot-obscuring stickers and noticed some other minor variations:
One of my figures had a 6 point value, and the 6 (and 9 too, presumably) is now underlined to differentiate it from the 9. I have older 6- and 9-point figures and neither is underlined.
The FE repaint that I got (Crabs) was made from plastic with a slightly different colour than the other two FE People of the Sea that I have. The one that I bought previously were in a translucent, cloudy bluish plastic, whilst the new Crabs was in a much clearer plastic, with no hint of cloudiness. He is very similar to the FE People of the Air that I have, although Crabs has a very slight blue hue compared to them.

#16 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:49 PM

This seems to be an appropriate place to announce that one of my Magmions (buy enough 4-packs and you'll be stuck with a mound of these) has no number on his foot at all.

I don't think it rubbed off, it looks like it was never there in the first place. How odd!
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#17 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:41 PM

The first Mimeticus the Fast I got had two of the same arm. :rolleyes:

#18 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:54 PM

... I got Crabs...

:rolleyes: dude.

#19 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

... I got Crabs...

:D dude.

Heh, interested in a trade? :)

#20 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:32 PM

I've already noticed a shrinking in peg space for gormiti @ Target and Wal-mart here in Dallas, and still no markdown on that terribly overpriced 5-pack. Does not bode well.
Posted Image

#21 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:11 PM

the stores around here have never allotted a huge amount of space for them. they've mostly catered to the franchises that have better marketing and a cartoon backing them up. but what little space there has been available seems to always be empty. maybe they're letting shelf space shrink because they don't need to fill the whole aisle with them since they sell regardless.

#22 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:57 AM

I have 3 variations on the game to report:

1. If you are working from one person's pool of figures, turn all the cards face down and randomly select your teams.

2. Multiplayer: Just simply have the same number of characters for each player and battle from left to right or right to left whichever suits you, high number still trumps and the guy with most figures left standing wins. Don't forget a random draw death match if there's a tie.

3. Use a 6,8,10,12,or 20 sided die to roll a wildcard: If it's 1-9 whichever characters have that number on their foot automatically knocks out the opponent's figure.

Food for thought.

Also possibly having a bonus for specific tribes over other tribes, like add one to lava or magma versus forest, or add one for sea versus lava or magma

#23 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:14 PM

The local Targets give it a lot of space and restock often. TRU gives it a huge amount of space buts till has Wave 2, and Wal-mart has two 2-packs haphazardly tossed somewhere.

#24 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:46 AM

Wasn't crazybones a game? I remember when I worked at the toy store 10 years ago those were insanely popular.

So it seems Irwin Toys is now distributing Go-Go's/Crazybones in the US. I noticed these the other week, but passed on them. I figure since it may be relevant to other board members I'd post this.

Attached Files

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com