35 replies to this topic

#1 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:56 PM

Which is you favorite Monster from MimP? Overall or each series I don't care.

I'm really fond of the Roc and Herne the Hunter(even though I don't have him) but overall I give the crown to
Behemoth, even the name is fun to say.

#2 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:10 PM

i wish i still had all of my mimp 7-11 cards. i had nearly all of them i think. never really got into the figs.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#3 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:21 PM

I have to give a top 5 because I cant only mention 1 sculpt when I think so many of them are cool.

In order, my top 5 favs are:

#24 Windigo
#4 Behemoth
#31 Ghost
#29 Zombie
#34 Roc

#4 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:38 PM

Ganesha, for sure. My blue one is hands-down my favorite MIMP figure that i own. :)
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#5 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:14 AM

i really like The Hunchback, i dunno what it is about him, he was one of my first figs and i like his messed up face and his clothes
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#6 8bithorror

8bithorror

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:45 AM

73. Leviathan
24. Windigo
26. Medusa
29. Zombie
25. Red Cap

My girlfriend also insisted i add hers, lol.

44. Witch
6. Tyrannosaurus Rex
77. Centaur
29. Zombie
27. Goblin

#7 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:08 PM

mine are Windigo and Were wolf

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#8 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:48 PM

I remember when I got my first MIMP since childhood, and thought my fave would be it, Tyrannosaurus Rex, for sure... ugh...

Instead, I'm definitely very fond of Behemoth after finally receiving it. The resemblance to one of the Colossi from Shadow of the Colossus certainly didn't hurt. I also like the Coatlicue, for both the obscurity of it and the neat design and sculpt.

#9 PSlulitt

PSlulitt

MIMP Fiend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:08 AM

For some reason my favorite as a kid was always Hobgoblin. Not sure what the attraction was, exactly...

These days, Blemmyea seems kind of cool to me for some reason. Interesting sculpt, and I always liked the way Konami tried to pass it off as a "Konami Monster," knowing series three wouldn't be released for whatever reason and that kids wouldn't really know any better, since its only other appearance was in the centerfold of an issue of the MIMP comics. Speaking of which, there's a bit of an anomaly with the Blemmyea figure (and indeed, many of the series three figures) that I'd like everyone's thoughts on, but I think I'll post them in a new thread.

#10 csmhoff

csmhoff

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:13 AM

31 Ghost
03 Werewolf
05 Griffin
29 Zombie
18 Baba Yaga

Now i have the ghost in 8 colours. woohoo

#11 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:57 AM

mimp have names~? i did not know that.

the only one i ever had was the one that came with the NES game... so i pick him.

Edited by Ericnilla, 13 June 2008 - 11:58 AM.

#12 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:19 PM

Not names like Gary, Frank, or Ned but they are based on popular myths, cryptids, and gods so whatever is the basis of the figure thats the name.

#13 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:27 AM

I've been deviating between Baba Yaga, Behemoth, Ogre and Gremlin since 1992. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Well, I recently got Windigo, and I love him to bits as well.

My comics blog - mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s
Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#14 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:25 PM

1 Great Beast
3 Werewolf
38 Mad Scientist
72 Gargoyle
76 Amphisbaena
106 Creature from the closet

I couldnt choose a favorite but at the moment Amphisbaena is but only because he is series 3 and ive only had him about a week.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#15 estes95

estes95

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, Kinnikuman, MIMP, Mini Boglins, SLUG Zombies, Neclos Fortress, Fistful of Power, and more!

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:40 PM

I'm going to say Herne the Hunter is my favorite. :lol:

#16 Garatron75

Garatron75

Extraplanar Rollin' Klone Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Dinosaurs and Dragons, anything that's small and fits in a pocket good enough. I'm also a collector of Nintendo stuff and I also like the things that relate to me well, like Bikkuriman.

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:07 AM

Lion Man (or The Beast if you will) was my favorite Monster in my Pocket and I think I remember having him in a four pack with three other monsters. I kinda miss him, though and I'm not even sure what the other three that I got looked like or what they even were. I like monsters and I like things that fit into this space ship shown below.
Attached File  SpaceShip.png   302.03K   6 downloads
Speaking of space ships and monsters, does anyone know if any of the Monster in my Pocket monsters can fit into this? They would have to be perfect enough to fit, otherwise if they're too big or too thick, I can't fit them in the space ship. I tried doing it once with some Psyduck and it didn't work.

Edited by Garatron75, 23 July 2008 - 08:43 AM.

"Magor must be stopped. No matter the cost."
"It's about beating the game, the way it was meant to be fun."

#17 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:29 PM

My favorite in the first line was initially the Kraken. It was the first place I'd heard of the mythical mollusk, and was the one I desperately wanted to find but took forever to get ahold of. Sadly, I have no idea what became of mine, and never had another.

However, I think the two I love the most now are Haniver and Nuckelavee. The former is a reinterpretation of a sting ray carcass for crying out loud, and the latter is the only toy ever made of scotland's uncommonly horrific, skinless sea-devil.

I also have a fondness for the Mad Gasser, which I actually keep in a pocket of the vest I wear everywhere.

mimp have names~? i did not know that.

The original, mythological lines even came with pamphlets that briefly explained their backstories. As the majority of figures came from folklore all around the world, they were very educational!

Edited by scythemantis, 19 July 2008 - 05:31 PM.

#18 monkeyUK

monkeyUK

Norfolk in Chance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:My Kids<br />Monster in my Pocket: Battle Cards<br />Monster in my Pocket: Select Figures<br />Easter Egg Mugs: From Around 1994<br />Online Gaming

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:22 AM

wow... ok. I said in my first thread that im not really a collector but I read this post and tried to pick a favorite and got a bit stuck. I have a list about as long as my arm or ones I really like. I have to say first though that, although I don't have any of them, the new Series 1 (by Corinthian I believe... by the way is it me or has the line died out now, the website looks like a ghost town) that was released with the fully painted figures absolutely blew me away when I saw their pictures on the net and the Swamp Beast was probably the best looking figure I have seen in a long long time. So anyway, a somewhat shortened list of my fave's:

#1 Great Beast (was my first 25 pointer and the figure was powerful looking)
#15 Karnak
#26 Medusa (simply because it was the closest thing to pervy I had at the time... btw is it just me or are her assets bigger on the card than the figure or is it just me xD)
#29 Zombie (simply because I laughed so hard every time I won a Battlecard game with this MIMP, Weakness -1 for the win xD)
#49 Dragon
#53 Swamp Beast (Original)
#58 Bishop Fish (he just looks cool as hell)
#67 Spectre (always loved the whole Death & his Sythe idea and this was probably one of my most favoured figures but I lost him in blue and have only orange now, eugh)
#106 don't know name and cba to research it atm. He just looks evil :)

Thats in number order, if I have to pick an ultimate #1 then like others have said, its a bit too tough but I'm leaning towards #1 Great Beast with #67 as a close runner up.
"No no no, it's a BONG not a BOMB!!!"
Kumar from "Harold & Kumar 2: Escape From Guantanamo Bay"

[url="http://"http://www.mimp.xsgc.co.uk"]My Collection[/url]

#19 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:37 PM

I forgot the bishop fish, love that one myself - like the haniver it's based on an old misinterpretation of a stingray.

Medusa does deserve mention as the most hittable M.I.M.P, even if that isn't saying much.

#20 monkeyUK

monkeyUK

Norfolk in Chance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:My Kids<br />Monster in my Pocket: Battle Cards<br />Monster in my Pocket: Select Figures<br />Easter Egg Mugs: From Around 1994<br />Online Gaming

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:46 AM

I'm so glad im not alone in this one xD I thought I would get banned from the forums for even thinking that haha.

Maybe we should start an "I Love Madusa" thread and see how much support we get B) haha. n/m. ignore me, i'll calm down in a bit.

#21 PSlulitt

PSlulitt

MIMP Fiend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

The trading card must have been based on an earlier sculpt of Medusa--if you look at the list that came with the series 1 monsters, you can see her, eh, chest is much more prominent than it is on the actually-released figure!

Posted Image

Edited by PSlulitt, 22 July 2008 - 10:26 AM.

#22 tojoro

tojoro

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Classic Horror Films, Monster Toys, Monster Art

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:48 AM

Monkey,
#106 is the Creature from the Closet, part of the Super Scary Series, (say that five times fast! :lol: )
T.
"Why was I not made of stone like thee?"

#23 monkeyUK

monkeyUK

Norfolk in Chance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:09 PM

xD yeah, found that out yesterday as I was doing my catalogue but thanks for thinking of me buddy ;) still trying to find an easy way of getting my excel page into a webpage without doing manual tables and re-doing the catalogue in html.

BTW... I HAVE NO MEDUSA FIGURE :lol: grrrr I was gutted that I had not one of the lovely lady at all in any colour. The closest colour I have to complete is Red with OGreen a very close runner up and even then im missing loads from each. I have the cards for most of the missing ones which is more annoying but not all of them.

Monkey

#24 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:27 PM

still trying to find an easy way of getting my excel page into a webpage without doing manual tables and re-doing the catalogue in html.

It's kind of primitive but you could take a screen grab of your excel sheet and edit it with like, paint or photoshop, and then just post it as a picture file. I've done that with my list of extras so I could send it to prospective traders or buyers.

Just an idea.

#25 PSlulitt

PSlulitt

MIMP Fiend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:48 PM

My version of Excel (2003) has a "Save As Web Page" option under the file menu (right below regular Save As) that may be of help.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com