31 replies to this topic

#1 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:15 PM

here is my first try at a laser beast kit-bash. It's a figure I've had in mind for months and months but it took LOADS of practice and trial & error!

I hope you like it:

Posted Image

I've used parts from a couple of laser beasts and my favourite Gormiti; Tartantica.

Because it's been chopped up a little the whole clear thing is lost a bit at the joins so I may remold it to get rid of that.
Then I would like to paint this one but the standard of painting is so high on this forum I'm a little hesitant... :D

I can't wait to get my Terror Turtle from Marty to put these guys together!

Posted Image

#2 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:22 PM

Hahahahaha It is awsome! This is what happens when you cross bb's with gormiti! :D I love it!!!!!

Awsome job Matt! :huh:

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#3 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:28 PM

:D

Wow! If you would have told me that was a figure from some new toyline, I would have believed you.

Excellent work!

Edited by Soupie, 03 October 2006 - 06:29 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:30 PM

Impressive :-)!

Im going to have to take a 2nd look at Gormiti's as id like some additonal custom fodder.
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#5 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:32 PM

thanks guys! :D

when I either paint this one or make the re-mold I want to add a weapon, here's my initial idea:

Posted Image

To make the figure look more 'turtle-ish' I didn't put hands on it. To make it hold the weapon I'll probably just use a coping saw put a groove close to the end of the fins to grip it.

Edited by matthewf1tz, 05 October 2006 - 03:43 AM.

Posted Image

#6 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:40 PM

Posted Image

Awsome dude! You are on a roll! :D

Are you going to drill out the Orb to put your own in? I see you didn't put a hole in the back of your guy. Just curious?

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#7 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:48 PM

Are you going to drill out the Orb to put your own in? I see you didn't put a hole in the back of your guy. Just curious?

WhiteLeo

that's one of the things that has been troubling me!

This is only my second LB so I'm still finding my feet really. I would love to get an orb in there and make it closer to a real LB so when I re-mold it I'll probbaly try this out.

If I manage it I will definitely be speaking to Marty about buying some orbs with your anti-symbols in them. Other than the paint job I have planned, 'Toxic Turtle' just aint that toxic without one!!!

Posted Image

#8 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:57 PM

Looks awesome! :D The level of customizing on this site is beginning to become quite impressive. Everytime I think it can't get any better someone comes along and tops it. Keep up the good work.

Mark

#9 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:43 PM

Nice work man! :D Can you take another daytime picture of it for me!?!?! :D Then we will be able to really see it. I cant tell from the picture, what LB feet did you use? :huh:
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#10 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:44 PM

Nevermind....it was a flysailor's legs.....I just figured it out. :D But I do still want to see some pictures in the daylight. :huh:
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#11 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:43 PM

WICKED FRICKIN' KEWL my friend!!! :D

I LOVE IT!!! :D

MUTANT LBs!!! Now that is a SICK idea!!! :w00t:

Keep em comin'!!!

Congrats on your new son again! Hope he is doing well now! :D

Your Terror Turtle was cast today! I think you are gonna love the color I made!!!

No problem on the LB orbs...just lmk when you need some. :huh:

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 03 October 2006 - 09:43 PM.

#12 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:28 AM

Congrats on your new son again!  Hope he is doing well now! :p

Thanks Marty - he is slowly getting better and I was able to hold him yesterday :w00t: :ulp:

Good eyes CCVegita it is indeed Fly Sailor's legs....and orb!

I will post a day-light pic later today if I get home in time - thanks for all your comments guys!

The level of customizing on this site is beginning to become quite impressive

that's one of the reasons I love this forum so much! Also I think the feedback people give customs here is great and I think that's why people keep on producing such good stuff (it encourages me to keep trying new things anyway :lol: )

Posted Image

#13 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:48 AM

But I do still want to see some pictures in the daylight. ;)

finally I sorted out the day-light pic!

Posted Image

hopfully I will remold tomorrow and then get one painted up, I think this will show the detail better :huh:

Posted Image

#14 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:22 PM

Or you could cast one in a solid color like orange or lime green.

And sell it...

:huh:

Edited by Soupie, 11 October 2006 - 12:24 PM.

Posted Image

#15 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:36 PM

What did you do to the shoulders? Did you sculpt something on them or did you cut the fins thinner?...hard to tell from the "side angle" shot. :huh:
Posted Image

#16 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:45 PM

That is just SICK!!! A frickin' mutant lookin' LB!!! I think you got a niche here!!!

TGB

#17 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:55 PM

What did you do to the shoulders?  Did you sculpt something on them or did you cut the fins thinner?...hard to tell from the "side angle" shot. :ulp:

I used the original fins in full but I put an extra bit on to allow for better articulation and to fit in with the shoulder armour on an authentic LB...

Or you could cast one in a solid color like orange or lime green.

And sell it...

:huh:

B)

That is just SICK!!!  A frickin' mutant lookin' LB!!!  I think you got a niche here!!!

TGB

thanks bro! that means a lot from you ;) I must have had a certain other 4 mutant turtles in mind without realising!!!

Posted Image

#18 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:12 PM

Hahahaha Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle! :huh: Sorry I couldn't risist!

Matt, you are kicking arse bro! I am loving it!

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#19 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:39 PM

Hahahaha Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle! :huh: Sorry I couldn't risist!

B) ;)

carrying on with the TMNT theme, maybe next I'll do 'Radioactive Rat' - I'm not a big fan of the LB Mouse so it would be good to make nemesis for him... :ulp:

Posted Image

#20 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:35 PM

I finally did some more work on this little project, the rat and the gun are still work in progress but I did some more casting and now he's a little more toxic:

COLD:
Posted Image

WARM:
Posted Image

I cast the figure in bright green then painted it with some black thermochromic paint, it does change color to the touch (30 degrees) but to get it completey green a gave it a couple of seconds under the hair drier! The paint is expensive but well worth it in my opinion!!!
(the next one will have the proper orb in...hopefully!)

As it cools down it slowly turns back to black!

Posted Image

#21 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:38 PM

here's the gradual process of changing color:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 The Gorilla is the Best

The Gorilla is the Best

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:18 PM

great stuff, i love it

#23 fourth_heir

fourth_heir

halfway between Mars and Venus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:21 PM

Those last few pics are kinda grisly - he looks like he's being slowly roasted under the light <_<

Visit my dA gallery to see my latest fanart (it's mainly TransFormers and Doctor Who but there is a Battle Beast gallery on there!)...
fhsig2.gif

#24 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:46 PM

Nice Job Matt!!! Awsome! I love the color changing affect.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#25 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:00 PM

<_<

Awesome!

It's a shame it needs to be so hot to change. I wonder if it would change throughout the day if you had it sitting by a window where it got lots of sunlight.

Very, very cool, man!
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com