243 replies to this topic

#176 Blade-of-the-Moon

Blade-of-the-Moon

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:26 PM

Anyone have a spare Nitric for sale ? He's the only one I need other than the Ice Dragons, which I'm guessing will be a long, grueling process to aquire. :D

#177 Blade-of-the-Moon

Blade-of-the-Moon

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:06 PM

Anyone have a spare Nitric for sale ? He's the only one I need other than the Ice Dragons, which I'm guessing will be a long, grueling process to aquire. ;)

Update :

Man I was lucky, one walmart I go to occasionaly ( which never had any dragon/dino egg at all ) had two of each today...I figured what the hey and bought the two dragon eggs. I fized the green egg first and loe and behold...I fized an ICE DRAGON ! ;) I managed to snag Darboss ! and he is freaking sweet looking ! Barely containing excitment I fized the gold egg..not really caring what came out after that Ice Dragon.. ;) It looked like it had black horns..so I went down the list...Crawdrake, Skirmish, Nitric... all of which I had but Nitric. It fized some more and I switched glasses ( anyone else know these things will even disolve in cool/cold tap water ? ) I needed Nitric.. but there was no way I was this lucky...none at all...but then I saw a red belly..and I'll be darned if it wasn't NITRIC afterall..fully assembled no less ! :D

Whew..so there we go...these Ice Dragons are really " cool " and Nitric is pretty badass too... ;)

So all I need are the other two Ice Dragons.... for now....anyone want to sell let me know, I'll consider any offer..except for my Darboss ! :blush:

#178 Eilonwe

Eilonwe

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:33 PM

Another two eggs from Target and my sales list grows.

Tornada
Nivek
Hydrax
Skirmish
Bruin

I'll trade Bruin for Darboss, Frostbane or Cinder. Otherwise, I'm looking to sell him.

PM me if you want anything. :thanks:

#179 Blade-of-the-Moon

Blade-of-the-Moon

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:38 PM

Tornada
Nivek
Hydrax
Skirmish
Bruin

I'll trade Bruin for Darboss, Frostbane or Cinder. Otherwise, I'm looking to sell him.

PM me if you want anything. ^_^

Sounds like my plan, lol..if I find ole Bruin he's def up for trade... :p

I've been keeping you in mind if I locate another Cinder as well... ;)

#180 Eilonwe

Eilonwe

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:01 AM

I've been keeping you in mind if I locate another Cinder as well... <_<

Thanks! :lol:

#181 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:54 AM

they finally have dragon magic over here at my local wal mart~!

too bad im not interested in buying them anymore. haha... if they had then a few months ago i'd have bought them all.

they had around 10 on the pegs @ $4.50

and Fairy magic~! :mellow:

#182 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:56 AM

You are probably better off that way....you probably would have gotten 7 Hydrax if you had bought it.
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#183 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:11 PM

You are probably better off that way....you probably would have gotten 7 Hydrax if you had bought it.

Truer words were never spoken. It's $45 well-saved, Eric. :)

On this subject, i'm not sure if this needs its own thread or not, but there's a new Fizz & Find line out from Wild Planet. They're Halloween ones, and the only place i've seen 'em is in the Halloween section at Target. They're the same price as all the others, and are pumpkins instead of eggs. There are four in the set...a Witch, a Ghost, a Vampire, and a Frankenstein Monster. I picked up one, wanting the ghost, but fully expecting to get the witch. I did indeed get the witch (witches are the new Hydrax). On the plus side though, the witch wasn't as terrible as the card art made her look, and they all have glow in the dark bits, which is pretty nice.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#184 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:52 PM

On this subject, i'm not sure if this needs its own thread or not, but there's a new Fizz & Find line out from Wild Planet. They're Halloween ones, and the only place i've seen 'em is in the Halloween section at Target. They're the same price as all the others, and are pumpkins instead of eggs. There are four in the set...a Witch, a Ghost, a Vampire, and a Frankenstein Monster. I picked up one, wanting the ghost, but fully expecting to get the witch. I did indeed get the witch (witches are the new Hydrax). On the plus side though, the witch wasn't as terrible as the card art made her look, and they all have glow in the dark bits, which is pretty nice.

have any of you seen the animal planet gargoyle figures(i know, off subject). they're about 6" tall and they look really cool. every time i'm at toys r us and i see this cool gargoyle i run up to it and i'm like wow, how cool is thi...animal planet, what the eff? anyway, just thought i'd share.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#185 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:22 PM

Tornada
Nivek
Hydrax
Skirmish
Bruin

PM me if you want anything. :drinks:

I don't need Bruin but I've got an extra Cinder. Shoot me a PM if your interested.

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#186 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:29 AM

I was able to pick up a few eggs since I got Bruin. Here's what I was able to find:

Nivek
Aquwar
Cinder
Kombustor
Tornado
Crawdrake

Not too bad so far. I think my favorites are Kombustor and Nivek.

Eric

#187 Hollysman2008

Hollysman2008

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:07 PM

Well... Sad News...

Sea Monsters... is actually Sea Creatures.. I guess there was some confusion when they first listed them..

Anyways, the Sea Creatures and the Monster Maniacs are now in stock on the website...

Hopefully we can get pics soon!

#188 Garatron75

Garatron75

Extraplanar Rollin' Klone Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Dinosaurs and Dragons, anything that's small and fits in a pocket good enough. I'm also a collector of Nintendo stuff and I also like the things that relate to me well, like Bikkuriman.

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:41 PM

I was planning to get Sea Creatures and Monster Maniacs as a birthday present and if I do get them, I might take pictures of them to show you what they look like.

I heard that the Sea Creatures come in shark heads that fizz when submerged in water, while the Monster Maniacs come in eyeballs. I also heard that there will be 6 Sea Creatures, but I'm not sure why they decided to set the number to that.
"Magor must be stopped. No matter the cost."
"It's about beating the game, the way it was meant to be fun."

#189 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:08 PM

What's with the half-assed effort going into these new ones? 4 in the Halloween set, 6 Sea Creatures and 6 Monsters?!?! Hardly "collecting" with such low numbers.
-Barry

#190 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:57 PM

What's with the half-assed effort going into these new ones? 4 in the Halloween set, 6 Sea Creatures and 6 Monsters?!?! Hardly "collecting" with such low numbers.
-Barry

I'd say it's good as long as they don't go with the half super-common and half ultra-rare model that they used for the Dragons. I'm all for big toylines, but it's no fun having to hunt like mad to even FIND the damn things, then pay $4-$5 a pop for what will likely be your third copy of a common figure. So it's kinda nice to have some sets that aren't 20-30 figures big.
I've zero interest in the sea creatures (although if there's a sweet octopus or squid and someone gets a double i'll buy it!!), but i may have to investigate this monster business.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#191 ion

ion

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:12 AM

I still need:
Frostbane
Kombustor
Skirmish
Huricano

I have for trade:
(5) Tornada
(4) Aquwar
(2) Hydrax
Furness
Typhon

If you have any from my list Please email me at: ionamon@hotmail.com or pm me here. I just want to finnish the collection and would prefer to just buy the missing dragons at this point.

#192 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:16 AM

Blasted common figures! I found 4 eggs today at Walmart, all commons. Tornada, Huricano, Nivek, and yes Hydrax. I think I have like 5 or 6 of that figure now. :)
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#193 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

scumdogg, patent is pending on the hydrax launcher. we can use it for that reality tv show we talked about in monkey bars. :D

#194 Eilonwe

Eilonwe

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:45 AM

I ordered one of each of the new lines to check them out. They seem to be releasing as six now, six more later. There are twelve of each pictured on the backcards.

Sea Creatures: Awesome! I got the boring shark, but I will be buying more of these. There's the standard shark, the hammerhead, the moray eel, and three deep sea-type fish with the big pointy teeth. Hmm, actually one may be a piranha. The pointy teeth ones are on the stylized-to-look-extra-nasty side. The upcoming six include a frog (with big pointy teeth), what I'm guessing is a barracuda, a Nessie-type monster, one that looks like a stylized Dunkleosteus (I can't name the modern ones properly, but I get the ancient one...go figure), a turtle (with pointy teeth), and a blue and yellow one with no teeth and a sort of cavernous mouth.

Monster Maniacs: Disappointing. Most of them look like the random undead guy on the front of the package. There's a little girl that's Lenore-esque. Y'know, I'm not even going to try to describe them. I'll scan the cards and post them later. But definitely disappointing. I won't be buying this set anymore. Though if anyone gets a spare of the little girl, I'd buy her.

I'm also amused that the "boy" lines (dinos, dragons, monsters, sea creatures) all involve toys with multiple pieces that you have to put together. The "girl" lines (fairies, mermaids, kittens, puppies) are one piece with a moveable head or two pieces (the fairies have exchangeable wings). Apparently, Wild Planet thinks little girls cannot handle building. :lol:

#195 Eilonwe

Eilonwe

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:51 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#196 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:55 PM

Yeah... I'm not really feeling the Monster Maniacs at all. Sea Creatures has some potential with a couple sculpts at least.

Any pictures of the Halloween figures?

#197 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:07 PM

Hey Eilonwe can we see pix of the two figures you got just to see how they measure up to the pictures. The sea creatures look potentially cool enough to invest in. Maybe get a 12 pack to split with the board here.
-Barry

#198 Eilonwe

Eilonwe

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:54 PM

I'll snap some tomorrow. I'm on my way out shortly.

#199 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:22 PM

balls. as if there weren't enough zombie products left for me to get. now i might have to get these monster maniacs. i have a friend who would kill him mom for that pirate zombie. of course, i think he'd like her dead no matter what, but still. he likes pirates and zombies.

#200 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:22 PM

scumdogg, patent is pending on the hydrax launcher. we can use it for that reality tv show we talked about in monkey bars. :)

Excellent. I love it when a plan comes together.

In regards to these two new lines...why can't i make myself stop wanting to buy these Fizz & Find lines? I mean, seriously. No toy has ever been so far from being worth what it costs (disregarding the Star Wars line :unknw:). But i keep getting all excited. Those Sea Creatures look spectacular (although no cephalopods makes for an unhappy Scumdogg), and i'm really interested in several of those Monster figures. But i wish i could just avoid it, because the Dragons and the Dinos both ended up being spectacular money pits ending in unfinished sets never likely to be completed. I'm so torn.

Seriously, i even kinda half tried talking my wife into collecting the Fairies or Mermaids, just so i could see what they looked like. It didn't work. :)
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com