#1 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:19 PM

Hello, LRG,

CCVegita, Matthew Fitz, and I are pleased to present the...

Greek Battle Beasts Archive!

This site is dedicated to documenting the Greek Battle Beasts (Tepato Maxoi) in all their brilliant colors! If you're not really sure what Greek Battle Beasts are, check out the site and have a look at the "info" page. :)

I did the html coding and created many of the graphics, CCVegita provided 99% of the images, made the figure cutouts for the archive, and provided me with the information for organizing and labeling the figures, and Matthew provided the information and pictures for the info page, as well as pictures of his Greek Beasts for the archive. And all three of us would like to give special thanks to Mr. Scumdogg for the effing awesome picture on the splash page.

If you'd like to submit pictures for the archive, send a PM to CCVegita. He has perfected a simple but effective method for getting great, clear pictures for the archive.

We hope you enjoy!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:53 PM

Awsome job, I can't wait to see it filled!

#3 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:01 PM

Also, I would like to again thank Scumdogg for drawing up our intro page. Now everyone knows why I was hounding them for Greek pictures. :)
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#4 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:43 PM

That is one heck of a guide!!! I am impressed! I love the whole arm/body symbol idea! Great photos as well!

Thanks to all that contributed and thanks to Soups and Matt for sharin'!

So when you guys gonna do MIMP and FOP like that?

TGB

#5 bkb1777

bkb1777

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts & Laser Beasts!

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:21 PM

That is a really awesome guide. It helps ppl who dont know much about Greek Beasts to learn more. Very Very awesome!

-B.
**Live long and prosper**

#6 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:07 AM

Thanks to all that contributed and thanks to Soups and Matt for sharin'!

So when you guys gonna do MIMP and FOP like that?

TGB

Well it was more Soups & CCVegita on this one, I had very little input other that the info section! They both did a great job on the rest of the site though and I think it looks awesome :o

Soups and I have a couple of things in the pipe-line already but creating/helping out with an MIMP or FOP site would be great ;)

Posted Image

#7 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:48 AM

Man, really great job on this guys!!!! I would love to see how far this could expand.

I don't have any Greek Battle Beasts to add to the archive, however I will say that I have seen both a complete Black Triple Threat Snake and a complete Tan Hardtop Tortoise on ebay. I know because I so desperately tried to purchase the Snake, but I was outbid. They were in an auction together, and I didn't want the Tortoise as much. I believe it was someone here on the boards that actually purchased the two. Anyways, I do know that those two exist.

Eric

#8 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:36 AM

Man, it feels like i've been waiting forever for this thing to go up, and now the debut slips by me for a day!

Great looking site guys, even if it does make me want to take the plunge into Greek Beast territory. :)

And thanks again for bringing me on to do the artwork, it was a good time!
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#9 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:08 PM

excellent job guys!!! i really love the way you did that, and the artwork is awesome !!! congrats !!

@koppenschevelle : i think i still have somewhere the photo of this auction.

In france some guys have greek BB, i know LMDLU, french kiki and Chogokin jawa have one or more of them.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#10 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:01 PM

Well, I am happy and humbled that you guys are pleased. :yes: I can't wait to see the number of documented figures grow as well! Speaking of which... does anybody have a green figure! :)

:(
Posted Image

#11 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:10 PM

I am pretty sure it was Fossilsaur who won the two greeks off ebay (green tortoise and black snake). I PMed him but he hasnt been around for a long time. We could ask the original seller if he has the original pictures.....but he is "he who shall not be named". :)
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#12 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:31 PM

hehe.. yeah, good luck getting cooperation from them. :)

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#13 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:51 PM

Awesome job guys!!!!! I love the whole look of the guide. Very Nice job! :)

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#14 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

Wow! That is great. Nice site. What a great resource, thanks.

#15 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:54 AM

try to pm chogokin jawa, i think he still have a green ferocious tiger.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#16 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:46 PM

I might point out thet it really isn't "Tepato Maxoi" in Greek P's are R's and X's are KH's. So it would be "Terato Makhoi". :)

I will never quit.

#17 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:48 PM

I wonder why they chose to English-ise it?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:16 PM

I wonder why they chose to English-ise it?

Posted Image

Actually the Rominization of it would be "Terato Makhoi" that logo is acutally all the Greek Language just capitalized. Capitalized it is ΤΕΡΑΤΟ ΜΑΧΟΙ or Lower case Τερατο Μαχοι.

Just when most people see that they think the it is was a "P" in Greek it would look like this "Π". :)

I will never quit.

#19 nicodemus

nicodemus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:- * - * - * - * -<br />http://www.oldweiler.com

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:05 PM

I'm not surprised that this site looks AMAZING! I expect nothing less when Fitz & Soups get together...and adding CCVegita and Scumdogg to the mix was a wise choice - as the site looks great.

I found the site to be laid out extremely well and very easy to navigate. Also, it contains TONS of helpful information on a line that I knew very little about going in.

Thanks for sharin' the knowledge! :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:52 AM

Actually the Rominization of it would be "Terato Makhoi" that logo is acutally all the Greek Language just capitalized.

Wait... now I'm confused. I thought you just said Greek doesn't have P's and R's. But the logo is Greek? And what does Roman have to do with anything? Greek Battle Beasts are from Greece, right?

:p

Capitalized it is ΤΕΡΑΤΟ ΜΑΧΟΙ or Lower case Τερατο Μαχοι.

Uh, yeah, that's how it's spelled in the logo, and how Fitz and I spell it... What am I missing here?

:)

:)
Posted Image

#21 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:05 AM

Wait... now I'm confused.

B D Foxmoor mailed me to say it is teratomaxoi

I'm really confused too that it seems to have various spellings :) P's, R's X's KH's...what's going on :)

There even seems to be confusion between Greek people as to what they are called. I've seen sites use both the P and the R

And to make it even more confusing Exogini is spelt ΕΞΩΓΗΙΝΟΙ or Eksogiinoi :p

Posted Image

#22 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:12 AM

Maybe Exogini, planning to sell these outside Greece, thought a more "Western" spelling would be more appealing?

:p
Posted Image

#23 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:14 AM

This might clear things up. Posted Image

I probably should have explained myself better. I didn't want poeple thinking that it was an actual "p" and pronounced with a "p". :p Sorry for the confusion.

I will never quit.

#24 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:31 AM

So I should say Terato Makhoi, but spell it Tepato Maxoi correct.

#25 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:52 AM

I probably should have explained myself better. I didn't want poeple thinking that it was an actual "p" and pronounced with a "p". :) Sorry for the confusion.

thanks Steve, I think my ignorance of other languages was hindering me grasping this!! I'm nearly there now :p

edit: so in other words the Greek symbol 'P' just happens to look like an English 'P' when translated it is 'R'

we should either call them: τερατομάχοι in lower case or in capitals TEPATOMAXOI as per your chart?

Edited by matthewf1tz, 15 August 2008 - 06:07 AM.

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com