• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:41 PM

Man, it's been rather disappointing how this forum has become a graveyard in the last couple of months. Where have all the BB/LB collectors gone? Doesn't anyone have any stories or insights to share with the community anymore? :D
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#2 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:34 PM

Yeah, I've noticed it too. I guess most the BB collectors are overwhelmed by all the other topics, and it kind of kills interest. Since the merger, the LRG boards have become more than it used to be, with a more broader focus on Miniature figures in general. The MIMP group seems to be picking up, and as always the Kinnikuman/muscle group is pretty active since there seems to always be something new out to keep interest up. Collecting itself for the BB community seems to be pretty solid though. Especially since buying high end beasts has become a little more easier with all the foreign bidding services available. I agree though, there just doesn't seem to be alot of banter about the hobby as there used to be.

Did Dabbuu ever finish posting all of his Rare BB items? Even then there didn't seem to be more than average interest. It was Dabbuu wasn't it?

I also think that contests or Group projects can help, but the ones that we do have seems to isolate the two major hobbies here. They started out trying to bring the two groups together, but it seems to have slowly become one sided, with the most recent Fan Art challenge being for Muscle heads only. The truth is I liked the Custom contests that the Beasties used to have every once in a while. Unfortunately a contest without a prize sometimes deters any entries. :D

Oh well, I guess that's all my thoughts. My .75 Cents worth. I may be a muscle guy first, but I'm a Battlebeast dude second....as far as Little Rubber Guys go. So I too get concerned about the lack in interest.

Posted Image

#3 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:15 PM

I have been focusing my attention to the LB book. I just finished page 17, The Dragon Fly and the Grasshopper. There are 80 pages in this book so it will be awhile. When I get to the comic section it should go faster. I plan to have it done by the end of this year. :D

I have some customs I am working on. I also have Koppenschevelle painting two of my customs. I have shark LB that is coming back to me. I can't wait to paint him.

Soon, I will have a whole shizznit load of info that will be coming about the LB's. I don't know what other guys are doing.

They BB's guys are around. :)

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#4 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:51 PM

I've been hanging around the sandbox, custom section, need/got toys, and fan art areas. I'm up for revising some "what's your favorite beast?" or "What got you into collecting battle beasts?" threads. Looking forward to that translation, Steve. Also, what's this about a LB Shark? :D

#5 Webslinger Spider

Webslinger Spider

Number 27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:00 PM

Unfortunately I am on more of a "lurkers" status, I rarely start a topic mainly because I rarely have a question...and if I do I tend to contact people directly.

Did Dabbuu ever finish posting all of his Rare BB items? Even then there didn't seem to be more than average interest. It was Dabbuu wasn't it?

I don't know if he ran out of material or finished but I throughly enjoyed Dabbuu's posts of his rare BB items and wish there were more! It's sometimes hard to just post a quick "WOW!" w/o looking like its a pad-post...but that may just be me. What he shared with us was awesome and amazing...I saved as much as I could for my personal BB history book...lol

And now, for something completely different, did anyone take notice of this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=170183973752

way too high priced IMO...and my offer of $40 was rejected immediately :D ah well, can't win 'em all

#6 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:26 PM

Not to hijack this thread from its original post but that Greek BB has been on eBay on and off for about 6 months now and is definitely not worth the asking price. Even if it had the correct arms, after shipping it would still be higher than the high end of the going rate for a Greek beast with correct arms ($40-60 is what I've seen any in the past year go for).

Honestly, unless you have the correct arms from other mismatched Greek BB to complete this guy (and/or a mismatched one you already have) I can't see this being worth over $30 tops. I can't remember who, but someone on here had 3 mismatched Greek BB (I think one may have been missing an arm or two) that went for $50 so this seller is just ridiculous.

My $0.02, and hey, maybe we can get some discussion going out of this. Does anyone have any Greek BB in their collections with mismatched arms? If so which beasts and which arms, maybe some other members on here can help each other out. Both of mine have the correct arms so unfortunately I can't be of help to arm trading at this time but I know there's a lot of mismatched beasts out there so let's see what happens!
-Barry

-mods, feel free to start the last post and this one as a new topic-

#7 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:06 PM

don't worry. i am here. my girlfriend falls asleep cause i am here too much. i only care about battle beasts. battle beasts and partying.
if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

#8 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:53 PM

I've been collecting toys pretty heavily for many years now, and i just recently saw (and purchased!) my first Battle Beasts since i was a little kid. Of course i immediately got hooked, and my collection's up to like sixteen or so now. I spend a lot of time scouring the boards for information, just to try to get my knowledge of my new interest up there with the likes of He-Man and Thundercats. But i feel like as far as actually contributing anything, i've got very little to offer at this point. I mean...sixteen Beasts, man. I feel like that's awesome for like three weeks of collecting, but it's nothing compared to the guys on here. And the likelihood of me getting more soon is low, because i am poor. Poor like dirt. :D
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#9 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:52 AM

I am always around. :D But lately I have been trying to sell off all my extra crap to make more $$ to buy more BB stuff. BB conversations always come in waves. Right now there are a bunch of new people here collecting BBs so the conversations should pick up again.

Side note....I have a silver frog with gorilla arms.
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#10 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:15 AM

Outside of customs, which i enjoy, i dont see what else can be added to the Battle Beast legend (besides the work that Steve is doing).

We seriously need an online fan comic of fair quality to bring life to these figures / characters to reinvigorate the base and to interest new fans. I am and have been open to helping in any way to further that along.

The MUSCLE fans have new product , manga (?) and an aimated . Its no wonder they are still rolling along.
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#11 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:37 AM

I actually have a bunch more stuff I have been planning on showing on this forum for a while now but I have been so incredibly busy that I just haven't had the time time to do anything anymore. I still have to take photos and I will get everything up. So sorry this has taken me so long

dabbuu
Posted Image

#12 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:55 PM

Here is something to wake up some of the BB guys:

Posted Image

This is a MAXX comission and he just finished it up for me. I love it! Thanks again man!!! :D
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#13 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22187 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:07 PM

Wow! That is spectacular!

#14 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:01 PM

when beastformers and akia became LRG, i was lost ! so i was a few months without visiting this forum.

moreover, my english is far to be perfect, so i'm not ever clear when i write, and don't always understand what you write too.

i'm interested by the monster in my pocket section, but it is not as active as you can think... not so much interesting topics developped there...

i'm more active in french toy collection forums... but i'm still here guys !! :D

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#15 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:22 PM

I actually have a bunch more stuff I have been planning on showing on this forum for a while now but I have been so incredibly busy that I just haven't had the time time to do anything anymore. I still have to take photos and I will get everything up. So sorry this has taken me so long

dabbuu

Look forward it Issac. :D

#16 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:28 PM

Here is something to wake up some of the BB guys:

Posted Image

This is a MAXX comission and he just finished it up for me. I love it! Thanks again man!!! :D

Now THATS what im talking about ! :D That **** is inspirational! Thats beautiful. The BB has so much character in the image. I hate to say it but he is deserving of an updated sled design (but hey , classic is just fine here) to match the hired mercenary.

Thanks for sharing that :-)

Edited by Articulationnut, 09 January 2008 - 04:35 PM.

Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#17 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:31 PM

Consider me awake! That is a nice piece!

#18 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:54 PM

Posted Image

Here is the one he did for me.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#19 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:35 PM

Ha ha....that is slick Steve! I knew you had him as a LB but I didnt know that he took off the old armor and it was at his feet. That was a really nice touch! :D
Posted Image

#20 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:20 PM

The Leo picture is really awesome! I love how the sword looks! The old armor is a nice touch as well!

#21 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:21 PM

Yeah, the artwork for those two rocks. You guys have been holdin' out on us!

Shame on you. :D

#22 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:31 PM

when beastformers and akia became LRG, i was lost ! so i was a few months without visiting this forum.

moreover, my english is far to be perfect, so i'm not ever clear when i write, and don't always understand what you write too.

i'm interested by the monster in my pocket section, but it is not as active as you can think... not so much interesting topics developped there...

i'm more active in french toy collection forums... but i'm still here guys !! :D

trumanshower, I have never had a problem with your English. Don't ever be afraid of posting, oh I love the Les Dragonauts blog you got going on.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#23 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:48 PM

Posted Image

Here is the one he did for me.

WhiteLeo

:D Damn Steve ! That's awesome ! The full figure is a masterpiece.
...and yes him stripping off the BB armor to put on some LB armor is very original. Very cool indeed !

#24 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:44 PM

Hey guys, how much does MAXX charge for his commission pieces (I assume it's based on the complexity of the subject but I'm wondering ballpark)? Also does anyone have his contact info handy? I know he was on here a while back if briefly.
-Barry

#25 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:35 AM

You can just PM him.....he will get back to you. I think it is around $30-$40 for a picture like ours. The big picture of the 3 GB was about $90 I think.....but that was HUGE. PM him and he will get you a current price list since I ordered mine a while ago. I just talked with him yesterday because that is when I got my picture. I know he needs the $$ right now cause he was in the hospital because of an accident (he is ok now). So if you like his work, hit him up for a job. It is WELL worth it. :D I can take my version of the picture and blow it up so that his head fills my 19'' monitor and it stilll looks perfect.

Edited by CCVegita, 10 January 2008 - 10:03 AM.

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com