48 replies to this topic

#26 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 01:21 AM

Right on, except G2 MUSCLE's do suck pretty badly. But that's been discussed numerous times.

Oh, no doubt. They shouldn't count as MUSCLEs because as pasafagri said, Ultimate Muscle isn't even an anagram for anything.

I still don't understand how you guys couldn't like the G2 muscle figures. I effing love them more than pepperoni pizza. Ultimate Muscle dosen't have to be an anagram for anything. If you really need one, then make one up. They're just cool toys period.

This has been discussed before, but the whole point of the "skinnies" is to have varaition in the line. If they all looked wacky like #153 or #201, then they probably wouldn't have sold as well. I love the puny shrimp lookin guys. The more there are, the more the big buff effers get to beat the living sh!t out of.
Posted Image

#27 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 08:15 AM

This has been discussed before, but the whole point of the "skinnies" is to have varaition in the line. If they all looked wacky like #153 or #201, then they probably wouldn't have sold as well. I love the puny shrimp lookin guys. The more there are, the more the big buff effers get to beat the living sh!t out of.

Some of my favorite figures are the Skinnies! For instance...#35, #36, and #52 is a medium skinny, but he has always been a super favorite of mine. <_<

Skinnies rule!

:lol:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#28 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 12:27 PM

Ramenman could rip people in half! I agree... The only one that I think looks REALLY stupid and Malnurished is that tree guy.

And anyway, I'd rather have a show where someone rips someone graphically in half than that Damn marketing they did with that STUPID comic strip on the back of the 40 pack figures...

Whoever wrote that should be socked on the head!
Posted Image

#29 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 06:49 PM

Remember that muslces are nearly 20 years old! Probably older than most people on this site! (A fact that I'm quite fond of reminding people!) Kids entertainment was a little more tame 2 decades ago! If you weren't born by
AT LEAST 1980 (at least) then you don't really have a leg to stand on.

(not directed at you dr.tooth...I have no idea of your age.)

#30 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 08:25 AM

That's an interesting point. For some people here the toys have been around longer than they have. Think about that for a second. Respect for your elders! :lol:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#31 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 03:44 AM

That's an interesting point. For some people here the toys have been around longer than they have. Think about that for a second. Respect for your elders! :D

Haha. MUSCLE figures get "elder respect." That's great.
Posted Image

#32 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 04:13 AM

guess I dont have a leg to stand on being born in 1981 huh? :D

o well
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.
--------------------------------

View What M.U.S.C.L.E.'s I Have For Trade And Sale On muscledb.com CLICK HERE

#33 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 07:32 AM

Sorry Philly...but you do own a drunken master, which makes up for a lot! Is that any consolation?

#34 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 11:13 AM

guess I dont have a leg to stand on being born in 1981 huh? :D

o well

You get elder respect man. M.U.S.C.L.E.s didn't come out until years after you were born. You're alright on the seniority list. B)

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#35 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 03:07 PM

lol its all good i wasnt really upset

but i do agree that the younger newer collecters shouldnt be talking MUSCLE smack when they just got there first 5 a month ago lol
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.
--------------------------------

View What M.U.S.C.L.E.'s I Have For Trade And Sale On muscledb.com CLICK HERE

#36 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10724 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 01:49 PM

to paraphrase john cena, "i've got my veteran status"...
i got my first m.u.s.c.l.e. in '86.
always had 'em around since then. i like the older ones better, but i still play with the new ones until they are worn out. and i'm a 22 year old father of one.
yeah, that's right, i'm an "o.g."... ;)

#37 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 02:00 PM

guess I dont have a leg to stand on being born in 1981 huh?  ;)

o well

You get elder respect man. M.U.S.C.L.E.s didn't come out until years after you were born. You're alright on the seniority list. ;)

B)

By your theory I get elder status too... I got an early january b-day too, but whos countin?
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#38 Niku jr

Niku jr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 06:01 PM

Har! Har!

The only Muscles feel should be banned are the more "human" looking ones...who're thin with noodle arms. The weird Muscles that are thin get off scott-free with me cuz I figure that's just the way they are, being in the form of toilet bowls, urinals, trash cans, & all.
Here are the only ones that fit that profile.

#13, 28(?), 33, 36, 43, 62, 82, 86.

I recently sought out some of them & took pictures of them lying down with their heads chopped off and blood puddles all over the place (using real human blood). Now if only I knew how to post these pics on the internet, I would. Just to show you all what happens to Skinnies!

Call me Dur Fuhrer! Move over Bracken!

Har! Har! HAR!
Off with their heads!

Edited by Niku jr, 18 August 2003 - 06:03 PM.

#39 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 07:59 PM

Does anyone know the exact month that muscles began to be released? I'd be interested in a thread telling everyone's age at the time of release. I guess we know it was 85...which would make them about 18 years old. So, if you subtract 18 from your age...then we can see where everyone's coming from. I'm 27, so that would put me around 9 years. Are there any 0's or negative numbers to be had???

#40 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 10:25 PM

I recently sought out some of them & took pictures of them lying down with their heads chopped off and blood puddles all over the place (using real human blood).

What the eff are you talking about? Human blood? You've got to be joking. :huh:
Posted Image

#41 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 10:31 PM

I was born in 1981. Kinnikuman is older than me, but not MUSCLE. the Kinkeshi toys first came out in 1982, I believe, and the MUSCLEs were 1984 or so.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#42 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2003 - 05:50 AM

MUSCLE's were only in the Mattel catalog for the years of 1986 and 1987.

You can read more about it here.

#43 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 10:34 AM

That's weird- I distinctly remember getting my first set in 1985, on my fourth birthday.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#44 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2003 - 11:09 AM

Well, if that's true, then it could be because your birthday is late in the year (Aug.). Perhaps the line had been launched a little early, but was part of the 1986 line of toys.

#45 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 11:34 AM

My "distinct" memories support the 1986 timeline. I got my first MUSCLEs right before we moved to Warrenton in 1986. MUSCLE was the first toy line that I actively collected in the new house.

But memories are usually fractured and unreliable, so I would trust something definite like the Mattel catalog. Plenty of fans "remember" seeing the Biggs scenes in Star Wars, but it just didn't happen (I think they're confusing the pictures in the storybooks with the movie).

Do you have a birthday picture of yourself with the MUSCLEs? That would definitely be some hard evidence!

-Nathan

Edited by Tortle, 19 August 2003 - 11:35 AM.

#46 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 19 August 2003 - 12:05 PM

I was in the fifth grade and turned 11 on January 29th of 1986, when I received a 28 pack and the ring. My friend down the street got his a few weeks before me, this was just a little while after the commercial first started to air. The very earliest they were out (at least in Ohio) was very late 1985. I remember this vividly because as soon as I saw the commercial, I had to get them.

#47 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 03:46 AM

I got my first 10-pack of M.U.S.C.L.E.s on Christmas day, 1985. They were labeled as a gift from my niece, who at the time was 2.5 months old. Actually, it was my sister who had purchased them. She says that it was kind of an after tought, she was in the checkout line after completing her holiday shopping and passed a small display.
This would place M.U.S.C.L.E.s on shelves at least by December of 1985. That was the first time my friends at school or myself had seen them, but they were truly lurking everywhere within a month or so.

I also remember the commercial. It always came on during the second break in "Jason and the Wheeled Warriors." I made a point to watch it every day, just to get a glimpse of my favorite toys on television.

#48 Mystery Mask

Mystery Mask

Captain Americat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 07:53 AM

I wasn't even born until after M.U.S.C.L.E. had ended. :cry:
Posted Image
Just when you think it's safe to go back on the internet...

!!!DRAGON BALL CENTRAL!!!

Now with UM Series 1-5, 8 of 10 CCG Sculpts, and 6.5" Figures!

#49 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 09:11 AM

Respect elders? Dude... i'm only 21, a year younger than some...

There is a reason why I dislike the comic on the back of the pack, that'll be another thread...
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com