• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dandelo

Dandelo

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Monsters in my pocket, fishing, insects, zombie movies, music, guns, being married, working out, smoking, and riding my bike (Honda Shadow).

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:37 PM

I was just curious how some of you guys store or display your MIMPs. Just have mine in a rubber-made chest and was trying to think of a newer more interesting idea of how to do this.
Dandelo

#2 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:06 AM

I'd be interested to hear responses to this too. I've only just started collecting and at the moment my storage and display consists of little groupings of MIMP on the mantlepiece in my room. Obviously the monster mountain would be ideal, but where are you supposed to get one of those?

#3 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:59 AM

i've 3 colors of serie 1 displayed in montains, the others are on a "showcase" (not sure for the translation...)

Attached Files

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#4 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:34 PM

I went out and got a bunch of smallish plastic boxes for mine, one for each color. The transparent kind with the flip-top lids. Then i realized that was stupid since i don't really have anywhere to display that many small boxes. So i need a new idea.

I don't want them all in one big bin because of color-swapping, but i might have to like bag them up by color and toss 'em in a big box for now. Stupid lack of display space. :lol:
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#5 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:38 PM

At the moment they're all in postage boxes, however I'm in the process of building custom sized shelves for all my little guys. I'm lucky because my dad has all kinds of equipment for working with little bits of wood, he used to make model planes professionally when he was younger.
I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

#6 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:40 PM

At the moment I've got my collection (180 figures) in a giant glass jar sitting on some shelves, and my current favourites sitting on the mantlepiece. The 'showcase' option is probably the best, but finding the right size and shape is going to be extremely hard, although you do occassionally see things like that turn up in op-shops and second hand stores.

#7 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:13 PM

All of mine are in a nappy-changing boss which we used to use for my younger sister. I don't collect colour variations - just the different sculpts, so I'm not bothered about them getting mixed up. It's a good enough box. The main storage bit I use for Series 1, Series 2, Super Scary, Super Creepy, Dinosaurs and Space Aliens. Then there's two extra compartments within the lid which I use for Monster Wrestlers, Sports Stars, Ninja Warriors, Battle Cards and leaflets. Does the job until I can get the space for a lot of shelves and the like.

My comics blog - mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s
Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#8 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:05 PM

I just recently won an eBay auction that included some series 1 24-packs. They had been opened but the seller had put the figures back in and taped it up. I took all the figures out, and the packaging makes for a great Monster Mountain substitute! Check it out:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:40 PM

I love seeing rare MIMP figures on display - especially when they're mixed in among common figures, such as the 2 dark-green figures [you?] placed within your "Assortment A" display and the 2 cyan figures [you?] placed within your "Assortment B" display. Cool photos!

Aren't you glad that you didn't get rid of those displays?

Jack, will you please post both of those photos to my "Monster Mountains: best displays" thread (http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24885)?
They're not Monster Mountains, but they're close enough.

Yeah, all the figures have been placed there by me. I took out the old ones because they had already been removed and then put back and taped over. I don't have many rare figures but there all in there, including a series 2 orange Kraken and a yellow Kali which is (kind of) rare. I am very glad that I held onto these displays as I think that a Monster Mountain will be extremely hard to get my hands on.

#10 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:16 PM

Yes, "Monster Mountains" are indeed quite difficult to find (which is why it's so surprising that LRG member "Trumanshower" owns 3 of them!).

:rolleyes: The problem with this mountain is also that it's very fragile, so I think some have finished in a bin... For my part 2 of mine came from my childhood (one for my brother, one for me) and the third in box was dealt for rocklords this year with a french collector (who has found it on a flea market). I've a friend who has one too, but he says it's damagad, so i need to see a photo of it...

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com