ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:38 AM

There's a nice sizeable lot of Laser Beasts trading cards up on YAJ right now with four days left. I already have most of those so I won't be bidding, but if anyone here picks them up I'd be interested in working out something for:

• any of the lower-12 (excepting Zarganian and Fly Sailor)
  • Hustlebear
  • Fight Horn
  • Strong Hurricane

http://page11.auctio...tion/n135879102

ruirui0107-img600x450-1398576391bxphuw22

Seller also has a nice lot of Beastformers cards from various series as well, though I don't collect those (just too many...)

Edited by bachamn, 30 April 2014 - 05:56 AM.

#2 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:24 AM

So this lot of 22 LB cards ended at over $1,400; about $65 each. :blink:

What happened here?

lb-cards-bid-history.jpg

Edited by bachamn, 05 May 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:02 AM

Wow. That is CRAZY!

#4 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

Insanity! Well now we all know where to sell our LB Cards! That BB card lot went super high too.

#5 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

As far as I can see/understand this doesn´t make sense at all, especially considering the fact these cards a relatively ´common´ in Japan so I´d see a lot like this hit a higher price on Ebay in comparisson to Yahoo JP but looks like something went completely wrong here. Unless there´s some kind of a secret card or code on one of the cards which we don´t get!? That might be the only reason I can come up with to explain this price because when it comes to the High end cards prices were around $20 - $35 max like a year ago so it doesn´t make sense why they´d have doubled by now especially since the $65 is average meaning even the lower 12 LB would have valuable cards now.............

I don´t see it and I don´t get it, considered placing a bid but expected it to go up quite a bit so it wasn´t worth the attempt but this is way off hope the person who bought these is happy with them ;) Might´ve to consider selling the ones he´s missing now LOL 

How much did that BB Cards set go for?  

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#6 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:55 PM

The BB set went for a little more than 70 000 Yen.

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

It wasn't the "Rule of Two", either. 4 people had ridiculously high bids on that set.

#8 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

when it comes to the High end cards prices were around $20 - $35 max like a year ago so it doesn´t make sense why they´d have doubled by now especially since the $65 is average meaning even the lower 12 LB would have valuable cards now.............

I don´t see it and I don´t get it, considered placing a bid but expected it to go up quite a bit so it wasn´t worth the attempt but this is way off hope the person who bought these is happy with them ;) Might´ve to consider selling the ones he´s missing now LOL 

Yeah $30 is the most that I've paid for any of the LB cards, and that's including shipping from overseas. I mean, if I were going to buy this many in a lot I'd expect to get them for cheaper than if I were buying them individually. This averaged out to more than 2x top-dollar price as far as I've seen. As far as the lower 12 LB being valuable now, I've always considered them to be just as valuable as any of the other LB cards that came with single boxed figures. The $30 card I mentioned earlier was Fly Sailor. They weren't released anywhere else, after all. 

I also toyed with the idea of bidding if it stayed low but when I saw how high it was I almost couldn't believe it. I'd say it was a shill situation if the bids didn't all look to be from legit accounts.  I'm not familiar if the winner was a Japanese bidder as I don't recognize that ID as a bidding service. Anyone know?

And yeah the BB set went for a crazy amount as well.  -_-

Edited by bachamn, 05 May 2014 - 06:26 PM.

#9 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

For someone to get so many at once, i can see why the price was more than usual. The cheaper price in lots doesnt always work for HTF items.  ie; Recently a huge lot of Spiral Zone keshi sold on YAJ that had at least one of each sculpt. The price ended way over what each would have went for individually.

Plus overall prices on YAJ are rising, in almost every sector. Not sure if its more international people bidding or if its a resurgence of Japanese collectors.

#10 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

The Bio Cards that come with the 80's Japanese transformers can go pretty high too - $100 each is pretty average on YHJ but while on ebay they stay around $30-$50 each.

#11 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:12 AM

If this wasn´t related to shill bidding I think its been a wise lesson because if these prices are paid for cards I wouldn´t be surprised to see another big price increase wave hit the LB market soon because when it comes to those items Japan is still the main important source so if items are not leaving Japan for reasonable price we might have to prepare for even worse prices out on Ebay in the near future.............. 

I was bidding on that Card lot with the Golden Meiji cards in the hope that one would stay a little lower but also that one went up quite a lot, which from the perspective of rareness wasn´t that strange as I rate these higher than the LB ones.

Let´s hope it was a shill bidding issue because if $65 for a LB card is becomming the new standard I don´t want to know what influence it might have on the rest of the market as its already been crazy the last years. But its obvious time isn´t ticking in our advantage with these little fellows.  

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#12 yaggi482

yaggi482

Serious Collector

• 460 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

Not sure if anyone remembers but about two years ago there were a bunch of LB cards sold on ebay.  These also went for a lot of money (approx. $30-$60 each); prior to this the average going price was $10-$15 a piece.  

An average of $65 is high, but not as crazy as it might first appear - it happened before.  I've got a full set and personally would never spend more than $30-$35 for an LB and $15 for a BB card, unless it was one I believed to be more rare than the others.

#13 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:07 AM

With these prices I guess this would be a good deal for the white leo chase card?

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

These only came with the sunburst set right?

#14 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

This card was randomly inserted in individaul boxes. It was the one with the sunburst emblem sticked at the back.

#15 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:20 AM

This card was randomly inserted in individaul boxes. It was the one with the sunburst emblem sticked at the back.

I thought it was this one

http://www.toyarchiv...burstHolo1.html

Posted Image

#16 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:21 AM

Yeah I'd always heard the other one referred to as a "phone card". My first time seeing a pic of the actual sunburst holo card though, thanks for that link dabbuu.

#17 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

OUps. I was wrong. I should have checked twice before posting.

This card is not the "phone card" but it is not the "sunburst card" too. It is another chase card from individual boxes.

You can see the "you loose" insert from the same wave in this thread and the case from the wave in this other thread.

DSC00107.jpg

BB_JP-Inserts-3-Adverts.jpg

#18 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:39 PM

As a collector of the bio cards I just want to confirm there are 6 chase or 'lucky draws' cards.

Hologram card 1 - Background is autobot http://littlerubberg...ges/mirror2.jpg
Hologram card 2 - Background is autobot vs decepticon. http://littlerubberg...ages/img042.jpg
Hologram card 3 - Is a real working Phone Card
Hologram card 4 - Leo  (Card is actually a sticker).

Stone Cold Cobra Card
Sunburst lion card

Is that correct?

#19 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:14 PM

As a collector of the bio cards I just want to confirm there are 6 chase or 'lucky draws' cards.

Hologram card 2 - Background is autobot vs decepticon. http://littlerubberg...ages/img042.jpg
Hologram card 4 - Leo  (Card is actually a sticker).

Stone Cold Cobra Card
Sunburst lion card

Is that correct?

I believe so but I am not 100% sure what Hologram card 4 is referring to (the one with the sunburst symbol attached to the back?). There are 6 cards though.

Posted Image

#20 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

I believe so but I am not 100% sure what Hologram card 4 is referring to (the one with the sunburst symbol attached to the back?). There are 6 cards though.

Awesome, sorry I should have put that link back in. I've seen them all available at some point except the Stone Cobra Card. No idea why I was calling him stone cold before :lol:

Hologram card 4 - Leo  (Card is actually a sticker). http://www.toyarchiv...burstHolo1.html

Stone Cobra Card
Sunburst lion card http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

#21 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:50 AM

Those need to be confirmed but I don't have time to check in my files. If I remember well :

A and B boxes : Hologram card 1 - Background is autobot

C boxes : Sunburst lion card

D boxes : Stone Cobra Card

E and F boxes : Hologram card 2 - Background is autobot vs decepticon

G and H boxes : Hologram card 4 - Leo  (Card is actually a sticker)

Clear carp set : Hologram card 3 - Is a real working Phone Card

#22 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:59 AM

And that's why you are a legend!!!  :thanks:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Laser Beasts, YAJ, Trading Cards

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com