25 replies to this topic

#1 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:01 PM

Here's something you don't see everyday. I found this recently and had to buy it because I was taken back when I first saw it. A whole string of Flesh Kinkeshi from Part 26, still on the factory spurs attached to this spider-like string web connecting all the figures. What a find! :D

The cool thing is that this shows how the figures were produced at the factory. They were molded on this string and then broken off and packaged. Very cool!

The string has a total of 16 figures, 8 unique sculpts but two on each side of the string, making for doubles of each figure. Some of the figures have broken off, a total of 7 are now loose, leaving 9 still attached. They must have fallen off over time. Check out the "string" of pictures below...

Attached Files

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#2 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:02 PM

Pic 2...

Attached Files

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#3 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:02 PM

Pic 3...

Attached Files

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#4 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:03 PM

Pic 4...

Attached Files

Edited by arforbes, 21 March 2006 - 01:03 PM.

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#5 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:03 PM

Pic 5...

Attached Files

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#6 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:04 PM

Pic 6...

Attached Files

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#7 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:05 PM

Pic 7...

Attached Files

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#8 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:05 PM

Pic 8...

Attached Files

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#9 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:06 PM

Pic 9...

Attached Files

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#10 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:06 PM

And Pic 10...

Attached Files

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#11 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:11 PM

Cool!

Might we assume MUSCLEs were created via the same method? If so, this thread can now be approached differently.

Interestingly, Part 26 consists of 15 figures. Thus, if we assume all Kin/MUSCLE molds consisted of 8 sculpts, then this creates somewhat of a problem as there aren't 16 figures in Part 26.

Perhaps one figure from Part 27 was simply included with the 7 remaining figures from Part 26...

Alright, I'm already getting carried away... but wait!

If MUSCLEs were produced in molds consisting of 8 sculpts, what might this mean for our theories about which figures were or weren't produced in certain colors? It means that figures not found in particular colors should be in groups of eight!

:D

Look at Archive One of the MCIA. There is an eight figure gap in the Salmon and an eight figure gap in the Magenta. Unfortunately, this does not hold true throughout each archive...

However, I've always assumed the MUSCLEs were made using the original Kinnikuman molds. This means, then, that the 8-figure gaps should come according to Kinnikuman part -- not the MUSCLE numbering system.

So, my next task is to go through each MUSCLE and identify its Kinnikuman part and search for colored patterns that way.

Basically, what we should find is groups of 8 figures from various Kinnikuman parts not found in certain colors.

I know I have talked about a possible Kinnikuman Part/Colored MUSCLE connection before, but with Arforbes current find, we now know that Kin/MUSCLEs were molded in groups!

And then there is this pattern that Veers has found:

It seems that the figures break into four categories. The figures were either produced in eight colors, seven colors, six colors, or five colors. I have had a difficult time trying to make a graphic representation of the numbers and colors.

Link

How might molds consisting of 8 sculpts factor into the above pattern, 233 figures, and eight colors?
Posted Image

#12 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22204 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:25 PM

That is, assuming, that each mold had a string of 8 sculpts. I would guess that some had 8, some 7, etc. depending on the kinkeshi part.

Part 25, for example. had 19 figures. My guess would be a 6,6 and 7 for this one. Unless they did more, then I would guess a 10 and 9. For Part 26 it could have been a 7 and an 8, since a 10 and a 5 would have been much different.

The doubling up of the sculpts on the tree explains why the SC, SHA, etc have been found with their attachments coming from either side.

This also is an indicator of the ones that are very hard to come by (purple claw, etc) should all have been made in multiples of 2.

Regardless, killer find Alex! I have never seen one pop up on YJP until this one. Nice score! Now if only they were MUSCLE plastic, haha.

Which brings up an interesting theory....
If all MUSCLEs were produced using the original Kinkeshi molds (which is more than likely) then each Super Rare was created in multiples of 2 as well! :D

#13 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22204 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:32 PM

Here is another bit of specualtion for you as well.
Part 21 has 15 sculpts. 10 of which were created in regular amounts (including the SC, sans the back half). 2 more have been found as Super Rares (SHA and BHS). This indicates that both molds were used to produce these figures, which means that the other figures from that part (Robin Mask's Father,
Devil Ashuraman, Dr Bombe) should have been produced in the same quantities as the BHS and SHA (this is assuming a 10/5 mold split). Or more (assuming a 8/7 mold split)

Although, the Japanese 28 packs seemed to double up on Parts, so it is entirely possible that the molds (at least during the 28 pack years) were split up across parts.

Think on that a while.... :D

#14 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:36 PM

Which brings up an interesting theory....
If all MUSCLEs were produced using the original Kinkeshi molds (which is more than likely) then each Super Rare was created in multiples of 2 as well! ^_^

EXACTLY! And who knows how many times they were sculpted or how many different sculpts were produced. In my mind after the finding of the Magnificent 11, I believe ALL of the Kinkeshi up to Part 28 were made, because as you said previously Johnny, MUSCLE production came to an end around the time that Part 29 and Part 30 came out correct? Unless they were also sculpted as prototypes too? :D
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#15 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:41 PM

If all MUSCLEs were produced using the original Kinkeshi molds (which is more than likely) then each Super Rare was created in multiples of 2 as well!

I believe this assumption -- that MUSCLEs were also molded in groups -- also supports the SRs (SHA, BHS, DE, DM) as errors theory.

If MUSCLEs were molded using single molds, it would have been very easy for Bandai to simply toss the SHA, BHS, etc. molds aside. However, if the molds were permanently connected to molds that were to become MUSCLEs, than the likelihood of error is increased...

Ah, who knows... but sweet discovery!

I'm anxious to see if another will ever show up and to see how many sculpts it is made up of. As a matter of fact, I wonder if Naochin might know that off the top of his head?

Has anyone ever communicated with Naochin?

Even so, once I am done with the MCIA, I will search for Kin part/color MUSCLE patterns.

At least we know the patterns might be in groups of 6, 7, 8 and 6+6, 6+7, 6+8, etc.
Posted Image

#16 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:43 PM

The doubling up of the sculpts on the tree explains why the SC, SHA, etc have been found with their attachments coming from either side.

A good theory, but I am not sure about this...If you look at Pic #4, you can see the figures on either side, like the Meat figures, are attached in the same place on the head despite being on different sides of the tree. I think the molds for the entire string may vary from each other. For instance, one tree might have contain BHSs with Pegs on the left, while another may have contained BHSs with pegs on the right, same may hold true for the SHA figures and SC. I think it is simply a different mold tree that is responsible for this.

:D
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#17 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:35 PM

Yet another unusual find,and yes it goes to the super rare sniffer. :cry: .
Congrates on the find. -_- .
'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#18 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:28 AM

Yet another unusual find,and yes it goes to the super rare sniffer. :cry: .
Congrates on the find. -_- .

Thanks Chris!

The coolest thing about the discovery is that it is helping us to uncover/theorize what M.U.S.C.L.E.s were made in which specific colors.

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#19 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:42 AM

Hey Alex, where'd you find it? I didn't see it in your closed ebay buys unless it was from awhile back.
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#20 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:22 AM

Hey Alex, where'd you find it? I didn't see it in your closed ebay buys unless it was from awhile back.

Yahoo Japan

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#21 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:54 PM

I am offering this Part 26 Flesh Kinkeshi String up for sale. I am asking $350 based on figure value and the additional string that is attached. Please PM me or email me if interested...

Thank you,

Alex :(
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#22 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22204 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

I am offering this Part 26 Flesh Kinkeshi String up for sale. I am asking $350 based on figure value and the additional string that is attached. Please PM me or email me if interested...

Thank you,

Alex :D

For the record, at $350, this is a good price. I mean really, I don't really see one of these popping up again. I have never before seen one, and probably never will.

Just my 2 cents. :(

#23 el midgetron

el midgetron

Squirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:18 PM

Very interesting find, alex.

I wonder How long it will take you to find one with 8 super rares hanging off it? lol :(

Edited by el midgetron, 17 October 2006 - 07:19 PM.

Posted Image

#24 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22204 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:19 PM

Very interesting find, alex. How long till you find one with 8 super rares hanging off it? lol :(

That's the $20,000 question now, isn't it! :D

#25 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 09:12 AM

Thank you,

Alex B)

Just a bump in case anyone is interested in this item. Scroll above to previous pages for pics! :D

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com