Hungover Rover

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:46 AM

Ashuraman Six Knight Version

Company: Romandoh
Packaging: Carded blister pack. Anime (flesh) and Manga (blue) versions cards can slip out if you cut the tape. Special version has the card glued on the plastic bubble.

Size: Ashuranman is about 7.5"
Where Can I Buy It?: I bought the Anime version on No!Asia and the other 2 through Rinkya (EXPENSIVE AS HELL!)

Price Range: $65 for the Anime version....u don't want to know about the other two....and I'm not telling!

Sculpt (4 out of 5): Looks great! My only complaint is that the red Oni face looks like it was done as after thought. It needs more detail/wrinkles and should look more evil. Maybe thats why you can't seem to find a promotional pic with it shown. I also wish that the uppper torso was a little bit wider, to give the arms some more room.

Paint (4.5 out of 5): The Anime version seems to have a sheen on the unpainted body parts, maybe they were polished? But with the flesh coloring it looks like Ahsuraman is sweaty from a workout. LOL The gold armbands and wristbands on the Anime version have a bit of a flesh wash to them, almost making them look somewhat transparent, buts its a total optical illusion. The Manga and Special versions have a slight sheen as well, but its more subdued with the blue skin tone. My only complain is that the eyes of all 3 versions could use some eye liner to make them more pronounced...like what was done to Buffaloman EX (review soon!) The Red Oni face is the same for all figures. Its a dark burgundy color. I wish it were a bright red. The Warsman type face is nice and clean. Its white on the Manga versions and a muted blue on the Anime one.

Articulation (4.5 out of 5): Its the G2 body style with extra limbs. 27 points of articulation! Head, shoulders, hips, ankles and mid torso are all ball joints. Elbows, wrists, waist, and knees are swivels. The torso has an added piece between the top two set of arms (where the ribs would be), that was not present on the prototype/promotional pics. This slightly limits the shoulders in poseability range, but the trade off is that you don't see huge gaps in the ribs..and I think its worth the trade. The arms are all pretty compact, and have more range of motion than one would expect.The top set of shoulders are the most limited, but its understandable with all the limbs.

Accessories (2.5 out of 5): You just get the figure, no added accessories. The armor skirt is soft rubber

Action Features: (5 out of 5): 3 Faces, and six arms provide plenty of fiddle-factor

Coolness (5 out of 5): The arms look awesome and just scream at you to pose them in all kinds of positions.

Value (3 out of 5): Romandos are expensive, but buying them through Rinkya is ungodly. So incredible espensive...especially the Manga and Special versions. Rinkya's fees are ridiculous and basically doubles the price you would normally pay. I learned my lesson the hard way. But I have no regret, I'm soooo glad to have all 3 versions in my possession.

Overall (4.5 out of 5): Such a fun sculpt, I can't stop posing it!

Edited by Hungover Rover, 09 September 2006 - 01:55 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Hungover Rover

Hungover Rover

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:52 AM

Anime (flesh) version
Posted Image

Manga (blue skin) version
Posted Image