Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Can you help me identify muscles from blurry Pic?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 sugarpappy

sugarpappy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Interests:m.u.s.c.l.e figures

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

Hi all, I put an add on craigslist and someone responded saying they have 190 muscles and want to know if I am interested. I said yes and he sent me a pic and asked what I would offer. I looked at the pic and I can see what I think is a salmon #107 salmon and orange claw. I can't see anything else but the pic is really blurry if anyone could take a look and see if they can see anything I missed and what you think is the max i should offer. So far I offered $40.00 he will probably reply tomorrow.

Attached Files

#2 sugarpappy

sugarpappy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

light blue #20?

#3 ALLSPORTDVD

ALLSPORTDVD

Ameragu Chojin No Bosu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Anything Kinnikuman!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

Are you wanting to know any figures or just the better ones?

There is a Salmon #64 in there
Check out my collection pics - https://www.flickr.c...107790593@N02/?

#4 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

If he accepts your $40 offer, I say you did good.

#5 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

Hi all, I put an add on craigslist and someone responded saying they have 190 muscles ... So far I offered $40.00 he will probably reply tomorrow.

If you get 190 figures at $0.21 each, then just shut your mouth and be happy - no matter what figures are there. :rolleyes:

#6 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

If you get 190 figures at $0.21 each, then just shut your mouth and be happy - no matter what figures are there. :rolleyes:

That is a pleasant way to put it. :lol:

#7 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

That is a pleasant way to put it. :lol:

We've been down this road before.

I like to help new guys (sometimes). But don't really love people getting great lots of figures, letting other people sort them, and then selling them. AT LEAST, do the homework yourself. :confused:

#8 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

We've been down this road before.

I like to help new guys (sometimes). But don't really love people getting great lots of figures, letting other people sort them, and then selling them. AT LEAST, do the homework yourself. :confused:

Oh, I see what you're saying now. Dang, you have a good memory. :)

I can hear Ironmask now......please oh please don't ask how much they're worth. Then again, maybe he does because he wants to junk another thread. :lol:

Edited by walker13.1, 13 March 2013 - 06:20 AM.

#9 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

I don't mean to totally derail this thread, but I really dislike doing other people's homework.

If this guy is really in western BC, and keeps discovering nice big lots at really low prices, then just buy up the lot and resell them. That's not a bad thing. Hell, someday I may be interested in some of his figures! :yes: I'm glad someone in western BC is trying to dig-up MUSCLE figures!

But just put a little more effort into the sale. It's not even tough with all of the different resources available today. :no: If he gets that lot for $40 and it has a Salmon #107, then it's arguable that he'll get a 400% return (or more) on his investment.

#10 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

I don't mean to totally derail this thread, but I really dislike doing other people's homework.

If this guy is really in western BC, and keeps discovering nice big lots at really low prices, then just buy up the lot and resell them. That's not a bad thing. Hell, someday I may be interested in some of his figures! :yes: I'm glad someone in western BC is trying to dig-up MUSCLE figures!

But just put a little more effort into the sale. It's not even tough with all of the different resources available today. :no: If he gets that lot for $40 and it has a Salmon #107, then it's arguable that he'll get a 400% return (or more) on his investment.

Yup, looking at auction watches in your link might help.

#11 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10729 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

Oh, right, because I'm the only one that junks threads.

I'm not the only person on the board that thinks it is in poor taste, to come on here to ask US to provide an estimate, only for the ill-informed to come right back and try to carve a profit out of the very people he'd just asked for knowledge.
The real pisser is: We're (most all of us, anyways) too honest to cut these folks a low figure to get their figures, and then turn them out. No good deed goes unpunished, as it were.
www.deadbirdtoys.com
Any social media: @bad_luck_jimmy

#12 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

Oh, right, because I'm the only one that junks threads.

I'm not the only person on the board that thinks it is in poor taste, to come on here to ask US to provide an estimate, only for the ill-informed to come right back and try to carve a profit out of the very people he'd just asked for knowledge.
The real pisser is: We're (most all of us, anyways) too honest to cut these folks a low figure to get their figures, and then turn them out. No good deed goes unpunished, as it were.

I don't know how everybody else feels, but in the future I think copying and pasting the For New M.U.S.C.L.E. Collectors thread should be enough of an answer. Person can click on Veers' site, and then go through the auction watches. If the person is too lazy to do their own homework, then that is their fault.

Edited by walker13.1, 13 March 2013 - 08:20 AM.

#13 sugarpappy

sugarpappy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

wow it seems like i am getting attacked now? I thought it would be fun for people to try to see if they could find anything good here but I guess I am wrong. If you don't want to help me that is fine I was just asking if anyone could. I can find out myself obviously but I thought I would share with the board. In the future I will not do this

#14 sugarpappy

sugarpappy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

this guy is asking for 190 now btw

#15 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

wow it seems like i am getting attacked now? I thought it would be fun for people to try to see if they could find anything good here but I guess I am wrong. If you don't want to help me that is fine I was just asking if anyone could. I can find out myself obviously but I thought I would share with the board. In the future I will not do this

You're not being attacked. Don't take it that way. It's just as a community we're tired of seeing people join, ask how much is this worth without any homework, and then turn around and profit from it.

You asked for help. Ok, click on the M.U.S.C.L.E. hyper link like you did when you created this thread and read the pinned thread called For New M.U.S.C.L.E. collectors.

Edited by walker13.1, 13 March 2013 - 08:35 AM.

#16 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

I would pay $190 for this lot and never think twice. :M:

#17 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10729 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

He may have done some homework.
www.deadbirdtoys.com

#18 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

Imagine that, homework pays off. :)

#19 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

Probably not. The Salmon #107 could get you $100 pretty easily. :yes:

#20 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10729 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

www.deadbirdtoys.com

#21 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

If they are in very good condition or better, pretty much any lot is worth $1/figure when you can identify a few that people pay stupid money for. I can't help with the identifying though. I just look for light blue #23 when I see pics like this.

#22 sugarpappy

sugarpappy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

You're not being attacked. Don't take it that way. It's just as a community we're tired of seeing people join, ask how much is this worth without any homework, and then turn around and profit from it.

You asked for help. Ok, click on the M.U.S.C.L.E. hyper link like you did when you created this thread and read the pinned thread called For New M.U.S.C.L.E. collectors.

not trying to sound mean but if you can point to the section of for new muscle collectors that explains how to identify muscles in blurry pic and what to bid on those muscles you cant identify? Also i have read for new muscle collectors and as many threads as i can on this forum. That being said I have found that there are people here that know more than I can or ever could. So I ask there opinion in the hopes I can learn something from them. Thanks to everyone who responds to my question!!

#23 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

*their

Also this

#24 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10729 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

I have found that there are people here that know more than I can or ever could. So I ask their opinion in the hopes I can learn something from them.

I mean, this is a common sentiment from pretty much everybody that wants to use the LRG MUSCLE forum as a estimate/grading service.
www.deadbirdtoys.com

#25 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

not trying to sound mean but if you can point to the section of for new muscle collectors that explains how to identify muscles in blurry pic and what to bid on those muscles you cant identify? Also i have read for new muscle collectors and as many threads as i can on this forum. That being said I have found that there are people here that know more than I can or ever could. So I ask there opinion in the hopes I can learn something from them. Thanks to everyone who responds to my question!!

You also wanted to know if your $40 offer was good. That is why I directed you to that thread. You can open Veers' link, go to auction watch posts, or do a CTRL + F key word search.

The reason people seemed upset/annoyed with this post is because we've seen this many times. How much is this worth/is this good has been asked by members who obviously haven't done any research, then they turn around and make their money, and don't provide anything of value to the board as a whole. Just, hey, how does this look, gimme my money, then ask again. Rinse, repeat.

Edited by walker13.1, 13 March 2013 - 10:29 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com