Apricot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:painting, music, film, cream cheese

Posted 05 April 2007 - 09:04 AM

Company: Romandoh

Packaging: Same as my previous review of Akuma Shogun-- a package with a plastic blister front that slides off the cardboard back.

I'm not a real fan of the Romandoh packaging in general... not much as far as ingenuity or artwork, but at least I can get the figure out this time without destroying the package

Where Can I Buy It?: jkaris!

Price Range: $40

Sculpt (3.75 out of 5):
Nice, solid weighty figure for it's size. Well sculpted body, although honestly I would like to have seen a slightly less-cut figure. His muscles are out of control! Cool smirk on his face. His calves look a little flat from the side when all the rest is so bulky.

Also, his shoulders seem a bit low from his head like the Beauty Rhodes figure I have

The figure is well-balanced and isn't difficult to get to stand and pose like some other Romandoh figures I have.

Paint (3 out of 5)
Nice, airbrushed look on this figure also. Mucles are well-defined and the gold I think is a nice touch on the hair and stars on his shoulders and trunks. Clean lines for the most part. Good shading on the face like around the eyes

A couple things I didn't like as much - the figure has the same sheen all over unlike other figures recently that have gloss and matte mixed together for contrast. Terryman has the same semi-gloos coat all over

-the other thing is that the paint has a couple roughed up places... like the paint was maybe put on too thick or something. It stuck under his arm and chipped off in once place, and some blue is rubbed off on one of his gloves.

Articulation (3 out of 5):
Not a ton of articulation on this figure like the other figures like this one. His head turns, shoulders rotate and raise up and down, elbows bend and biceps rotate,

hips bend somewhat

knees bend and ankles bend

Where Akuma Shogun has joints that are too loose, Terryman has a couple that are too tight. I think it may have had something to do with the paint, but his elbows and biceps in particular were very hard to position (esp. initially) I was afraid I was going to break the arms off at the biceps when trying to open up his elbows for the first time. All the other joints are nice and tight and easy enough to position

Accessories (N/A):
No accesories

Coolness (3.75 out of 5):
I like Terryman as a character, and I like that I now have a guy that can kick Mountains ass. But there are definitely Romandoh figures that I have that are more flashy and impressive than him.... Hey... just like the character! ;)

Value (2.5 out of 5):
Definitely pricey, but worth it as a Terryman fan!

Overall (3.75 out of 5):
Better than average definitely - Terryman fan and nice, solid cast.

Good points – Airbrushed paint job, cool shiny golden hair and stars, solid cast, easily poseable, owning a figure that is the master of the spinning toe hold

Negative points – too-tight joints on arms, chipped paint

Despite the shortcomings noted, I still like the figure a lot. I like the character better than Kinnikuman... I root for the true underdogs! This figure is worth the cost if you want to have the original teams or something like that, but if you are looking for a flashy/massive/super figure, there are better buys out there for you

Attached Files

Edited by Apricot, 05 April 2007 - 09:05 AM.

#2 Apricot

Apricot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:painting, music, film, cream cheese

Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:54 PM

Some better photos of Terryman

Ready for action
Posted Image

Saluting the camera after disposing of The Mountain