• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 573 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:55 PM

So for day one I figured I would show something a little special. This is the prototype/hardcopy for the wood beetle base. It appears in one of the Hasbro catalogs(If someone has the picture please share it) and it was a mock up based on sketches. The base is primarily made of resin and all the stickers in the vehicle are hand drawn and laminated. If you compare this to the real thing you can see plenty of differences between the hardcopy and the production base. Some things to note are the white "sticks on the back of the base that essentially hold it together. The jail cell is glued in. The guns are all attached with either glue blue puddy. Finally, this also has an indentation on the top where a possible symbol was planned to be included but never actually made. There are other differences and observations to be made. Let me know what you think.

dabbuu

Attached Files

Edited by dabbuu, 06 September 2007 - 03:54 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:08 PM

Man that's killer! Unless you don't want to, maybe you can explain how you aquired each of the pieces you plan to show. It must be pretty cool to own prototypes like this one. :)

Posted Image

#3 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:30 PM

Very kewl! You can tell just by the pictures this isn't a normal WB Base. That would have been kewl if they would have kept with the symbol on the base.

Oh, well can't change the past.

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#4 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• 361 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:02 PM

starting off with a bang huh
that's great man thanks for taking the time to start this.
Can't wait till tomorrow

#5 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:42 AM

Man that's killer! Unless you don't want to, maybe you can explain how you aquired each of the pieces you plan to show. It must be pretty cool to own prototypes like this one. :)

Well, I don't want to give too much away but lets just say that a bunch of these pieces were acquired recently from the guy that was pretty much in charge of the battle beast line in Hasbro. When a toy line ended in places like Hasbro the company pretty much allowed the people who worked on them to take whatever they wished whether is was a prototype or something similar and so forth.

dabbuu
Posted Image

#6 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22190 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:27 AM

Well, I don't want to give too much away but lets just say that a bunch of these pieces were acquired recently from the guy that was pretty much in charge of the battle beast line in Hasbro. When a toy line ended in places like Hasbro the company pretty much allowed the people who worked on them to take whatever they wished whether is was a prototype or something similar and so forth.

dabbuu

Nice piece.

You should put some sort of watermark across your pics, so some moron doesn't try to use them for eBay.

#7 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:52 AM

Sweet man! It is really cool to finally see a picture of that! Is that made of the same material the Tiger Chariot prototype is made of?
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#8 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:58 AM

Nice piece.

You should put some sort of watermark across your pics, so some moron doesn't try to use them for eBay.

Good idea how do I go about putting a watermark on the photo?

thanks

dabbuu
Posted Image

#9 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:28 AM

:) Whoa ! That is VERY cool !

#10 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:16 AM

That's just wicked sick! and the eagle isn't even one of my favorites. I'd hate to own any wax sculpts though. :) one day in my house with the air conditioner out and who know what would happen.

Posted Image

#11 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22190 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:34 AM

Nice piece.

Good idea how do I go about putting a watermark on the photo?

thanks

dabbuu

In photoshop or any other photo editing software, just layer some text over it. If you don't have a way, let me know and I'll watermark them for you.

#12 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:23 PM

Sweet! I actually think it looks cooler this way....why did they take those off its head?
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#13 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• 361 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:50 PM

Do you have the actual wax figure or the test shot photos of it?

#14 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:57 PM

Wow that is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

#15 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:13 PM

That figure looks freakin sweet!!!!!!!!!!!Has a M.U.S.C.L.E feel to it.
Thanks for sharing your one of a kind collection. :cry:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#16 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:23 PM

Amazing, what a great collection and it's only day 2--looking forward to the rest!
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#17 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:29 PM

Wouldn't it be cool if someone could make actual hardcopy customs of the original wax sculpts? This eagle looks so much better than the final version. Funny how a few little changes like antenna thingys can make a difference. :cry:

Posted Image

#18 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:34 PM

Wouldn't it be cool if someone could make actual hardcopy customs of the original wax sculpts? This eagle looks so much better than the final version. Funny how a few little changes like antenna thingys can make a difference. :cry:

Who you gonna call?????????????..................Marty.If anybody can he could but then again i don't think i would risk it.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#19 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:36 AM

Sorry if I was unclear, but this is a photo sent from Takara to Hasbro in order to try to get Hasbro to agree to pick up the line. It was also used to help aid them with their design work so they could start making battle beasts items themselves. It isn't a "test shot" photo though, as wax figures are almost always carved out by hand during the design faze. As for the actual figure, Takara was much stricter in allowing their prototype items out of the factory and it is very doubtful that this figure still exists, but at least we can see what they intended the toy to originally look like.

Some information about the battle beasts production for those who want to know:

Takara originally designed and created all the actual battle beast figures. At first they created 18 battle beasts and then soon expanded their first series to 28 figures. Hasbro soon joined in battle beast production and distribution (after the first 28 battle beasts were created). Hasbro became responsible for creating the bases and the chariots and other novelty items (which they either did themselves or outsourced to other companies like Aladdin (the lunchbox, artwork, other items). This is also why the bases came out later in Japan than they did in the States. This is proven through the two halves of the tablet promotion that would be used to obtain the stone cobra. One half of the tablet came with the blazing eagle base and the other half came with the sunburst leo set (which had third series battle beasts in it). The bases and the third series of battle beasts came out at the same time in Japan. Takara went on to create the rest of the battle beast’s figures and then all the laser beasts before the line fell apart, while Hasbro took a more hands off approach at that stage of the production and was more concerned with distribution.

dabbuu
Posted Image

#20 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:14 AM

wow Dabbu, this stuff is great, thank you!! I can't wait to see more....

Posted Image

#21 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:18 AM

Man, they should have stuck with the original, then I wouldn't have hated Colnol Bird so much. It looks like the wax figures had alot more detail in them too.

Customizers start your eninges!!! Hahahha, I love the wings off of the side of his head, makes him look bad ass!!!

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#22 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:26 AM

That weapon looks kinda like triple threat snakes' weapon.

#23 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:48 AM

I'm starting to see how long this is going to take! :help: It does look sorta like TTS's weapon. It's a shame that prototypes usually are better than the finished product. :(

Posted Image

#24 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:15 PM

I'm starting to see how long this is going to take! :help: It does look sorta like TTS's weapon. It's a shame that prototypes usually are better than the finished product. :(

Well I could just show everything at once but I think that would be a shame. At this rate though this will take a really long time though.

Yah I love the way these things look in the photos

dabbuu
Posted Image

#25 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:49 PM

Personally I think it's great that your taking the time to do this at all. These images are a great contribution to the Battle Beast community. Hopefully this will give a boost to some of the members who have been idle since the board merger. :( A daily treat might get more people to stop by at least once a day. :help: I'm a Muscle guy myself, but I don't like to see the muscle topics overpowering the Battle Beast side all the time since I collect Beast myself also. So thanks a bunch Dabbuu!

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com