18 replies to this topic

#1 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:22 PM

Okay I noticed this a few days ago when listing my auctions for rare colored figures. This both SAD and PATHETIC!!! Some stupid jealous childish mother f*cker has registered a fake MuscleDB account just to falsely add the amount of colored figures it would appear have been discovered. They are registered by the MuscleDB username Siovas and the link to their fake user account can been seen below...

http://muscledb.com/...list.cgi?mid=96

Now the exact rare color figures that I have up for auction have been added, and not only does this person have way too much time on their hands, but they are also pretty f*cking stupid if you ask me. According to their FAKE data they have 6 Red #110s, 12 Salmon #113s, 20 Salmon #167s, and 6 Salmon #179s...the exact figures I just had up for auction before they ended today and I relisted them. There is some other outrageous data for figures #231, #228, and #235 as well.

This is obviously an attack of some sort, whether it be them being pissed that I am trying to sell of my rare colors at the prices they have been commanding lately, or whether it be the fact that I have been coming across a large amount of rare colors lately either by winning auctions or by dealing online, who knows. What has this community come to lately? We have people talking behind peoples backs about shizznit all the time when someone finds something new, people throwing fake snipe bids in on rare colored auctions, and now this?

I know who ever did this will eventually probably read this, because I am sure they are a frequent member of this board. So allow me to say that while you read this you stupid pathetic excuse for a human being, get over your childish habits and get a f*cking life. If you don't like the way I trade online or have a problem with me in any way, PM me schmuck. I am sure you can get all your agressions out in a healthy online flame war via PMs. Stop degrading the hobby by being a fake shady scum bag piece of shizznit.

If its a mod or someone else in power here, then you should be ashamed and go jump off a cliff. I know all the people here who are going for complete colors sets and it is possible/likely that one of them may be pissed that I have won a lot of the rare figures lately. I am not pointing fingers at anyone because it is impossible to tell who it is, but it certainly IS someone here that I know...and that's f*cked up!

YOU'RE PATHETIC!

BRAVO! :lol:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#2 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 09:07 PM

Definitely sounds like some bunk behavior! On a semi-related note, I'm not a huge M.U.S.C.L.E. collector and this is the first time I've looked at the DB though I've heard all about it..... is something a bit off with the key as it appears to read that no M.U.S.C.L.E. figure in any color has ever been confirmed as every box is either empty or half empty. Now I've got a bunch of these guys and obviously a lot of other people out there too so am I missing something or is the key wrong?
-Barry

#3 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 09:15 PM

Definitely sounds like some bunk behavior! On a semi-related note, I'm not a huge M.U.S.C.L.E. collector and this is the first time I've looked at the DB though I've heard all about it..... is something a bit off with the key as it appears to read that no M.U.S.C.L.E. figure in any color has ever been confirmed as every box is either empty or half empty. Now I've got a bunch of these guys and obviously a lot of other people out there too so am I missing something or is the key wrong?
-Barry

Here's what the legend means...

The empty square means this item hasn't been found in this colour yet.

The half-empty square means this item has been found in this colour, but there are no pictures to confirm it yet.

The full square means this item has been found in this colour, and there are pictures which can be seen on the MUSCLE's individual page.

The number in a square means the collection you are currently viewing contains this many of this item in this colour.
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#4 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:34 AM

I can assure you that no administrator, referee, or legend created this account.

I can also assure you that we noticed, and a couple of us thought it was kind of funny.

I’m not excusing or justifying Siovas’s behavior, but you have to understand it a little bit. MUSCLE is essentially an inexpensive hobby. There are about three or four collectors willing to spend stupid amounts of money, and then one of them (you) is willing to spend seemingly anything.

Plus, the person willing to spend anything (you) buys out auctions before they close so other people don’t even get a chance.

Then you sell the extra “rare” figures from these auctions and buyouts at high prices. Then you tell people you charge high prices because of the money you’ve spent to win the auction, plus you use the MUSCLEDB to help justify the cost.

Plus there’s the whole Yapiel and Purple Claw sagas.

I’m not passing any judgment as I say this, just stating what I see and hear.

People can become jealous, angry, resentful, frustrated, annoyed, etc. Again, I’m not justifying it – just stating that I can understand their point of view.

Really what this highlights is the main weakness of the MUSCLEDB – lack of validation. The MUSCLEDB is good for tracking your own personal collection and nothing more. Soupie’s site is the only thing I would consider valid in assigning rarity – and those classifications are probably worth discussing.

At the end of the day, don’t worry about it. MUSCLE collectors know the value of figures. Desirable figures will sell for more, less desirable will sell for less.

Be flattered and laugh at it. You don’t want it to look like you’re throwing stones in front of your glass MUSCLE mansion.

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:47 AM

I would email Sandy and see if you can get the email used to register the MDB account.

I seriously doubt that it is a mod, but if it were, they would be subsequently de-frocked <_< .

And, it definitely isn't Veers.

#6 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:54 AM

Well, there is a fine line between alot of the colored figs as far as rare and uncommon are concerned. And by a fine line, I mean 1 or 2 figures difference. And that's sorely based on the MDB info. Personally I think a number of these Rare Parts should be examined further to determine whether they are truly rare. For instance I've seen Many green Hawkman figs, and Mammothman figs, but only a few are actually documented. The same with Purple figs like the big Wolfman, and the Kendaman sculpt. A Rare figure really would be something more like the Part Eleven reds.

Maybe Siovas is from Canada :rolleyes:!!

Posted Image

#7 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:05 AM

For instance I've seen Many green ... Mammothman figs, but only a few are actually documented.

Really? I guess I don't scour ebay enough, but I've been looking for one for years. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, this situation is quite a pickle: On the one hand, I agree with Arforbes that the perp is going a bit far as the MDB info (if fake, which it probably is) affects everyone interested in colored MUSCLEs, not just Arforbes. And if the same person is also involved with the shill-shill bidding (shilling an auction merely to raise the price for other buyers) that is equally disturbing.

On the other hand, I agree with Veers: Arforbes has had a virtual strangle hold on the MUSCLE collecting community when it comes to rare items. Sure, who ever pays the most gets the most, but one should expect repercussions, however nasty they may be. (Notice I said "expect" not condone or accept.)

Currently in the GPK Cheap Toy community, there are 2 collectors going hog wild and bidding $150+ on figures that used to go for $25-35. It is rather disappointing to all us other collects. God forbid these two guys hang around for 5-6 years and pretty much lock everybody else out from the rare stuff. :crazy:

Would they have every right to do so? Sure. Would it be "bad" for the hobby? Maybe. Would all us other collectors be sad? Absolutely.
Posted Image

#8 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:13 AM

Maybe Siovas is from Canada :rolleyes:!!

Lol, I bet he is, and I bet Siovas is French for Yapiel. :crazy:

I want to chime in before fingers start getting pointed and accusations get tossed. It is no secret that Alex and myself have had bad blood before, but I had nothing to do with this. I'm sure also that he had me in mind when typing this up, I can tell by the familiar rant that I used to get in my PM's. I have not bid or won any muscle related item on Ebay for over a year now, I have pretty much stopped collecting and the only reason I even come to this site anymore is cause believe it or not, I kind of like a few of you. I totally agree with Veers though, MuscleDB has kind of never been truly reliable as to what figures exist and how many and is more of a tool for collectors to catalogue thier own collections. I for example, have 1000+ muscles but never took the time to put them all in there. I'm sure it is the same with hundreds of collectors so using that site as a tool to try and sell figures for more money is kind of lame in my opinion. Like Veers says, there is only a couple collectors obsessed with getting each figure in every color so really those auctions would only appeal to them anyways, the novice or casual collector would never pay that much for single figures even with the MuscleDB reference. As far as the fake snipe bids and stuff goes. If you think someone is bidding something up, or shill bidding, that is usually a hint to someone with any common sense to stop bidding. You cant get mad for paying a crazy amount of money for something if you continued to bid. There are also collectors out there that are not members of this board and quite possibly they did want those figures. Who knows? Whats funny though is most of the stuff you are ranting about is all stuff you have done in the past. Karma is a bee-eye-itch aint it?

#9 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:32 PM

Currently in the GPK Cheap Toy community, there are 2 collectors going hog wild and bidding $150+ on figures that used to go for $25-35. It is rather disappointing to all us other collects. God forbid these two guys hang around for 5-6 years and pretty much lock everybody else out from the rare stuff. :rolleyes:

Would they have every right to do so? Sure. Would it be "bad" for the hobby? Maybe. Would all us other collectors be sad? Absolutely.

The exact same thing is going on with the series 3 MIMPs. It seems like the same 5 people are buying ALL the series 3 figs, and they are willing to spend $130 for each one. First, why would you need so many? Second, how do you have the money to do it? I understand the frustration that goes on in this situation because hey, I'd like to grab up some of those figs too. But as long as these guys are around buying them ALL, I wont be able to.

It seems the same can be said about you folks with your MUSCLE figs.

It can be frustrating to the people who cant afford to compete, but it IS lame I feel, to do what they've done.

Edited by asator, 24 September 2007 - 01:33 PM.

#10 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:53 PM

While I think this is pretty underhanded, it was totally inevitable. When you base prices on a guide (which is little more than a figure count) that is maintained by the very collectors who the prices influence, there will eventually be some deceptive practices, especially when there's hundreds of dollars at stake.

Obviously, the MuscleDB wasn't intended to be a price guide, rather a tool for collectors to organize their collections and get an educated guess of how hard some MUSCLEs are to find. But basing prices on its results is a bad idea, since not only is it impossible to verify, but also not all-inclusive. For example, there might be a collector who really does have 20 Salmon 167's, but he might not be on the MuscleDB. So, how can we really know that Salmon 167 is truly rare?

Regardless, the guy who altered the database is making what used to be an educated guess regarding MUSCLE rarity totally useless, which then undermines all the hard work that Sandy put into creating the MuscleDB and spreads bad information throughout the MUSCLE collecting community.

#11 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:04 PM

Im going to keep this short and sweet.
Hater
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:37 PM

I don`t post that much anymore but I`m gonna weigh in on this one.

First off I want to say that I like all of the members of this board. I`ve wheeled and dealed with many of You in the past with no probs. You guys have helped me out tremendously, not just with my collection but with the interaction on a regular basis thanks to these boards. I collect many things besides M.U.S.C.L.E.S. and I can honestly say that this site is by far the best I`ve ever dealt with!! You guys(and girls) are more active and just plain more alive than most of the other collectors out there.

Now that I`ve kissed enough arse I`ll get down to the point......I think this ordeal is hillarious! Not because it happened to Alex, ( I never had a prob with Ya Alex, You were one of the guys that helped me out in the past.) but because I`m surprised some dope did not do this type of thing long ago. I respect the effort that went into that DB and the fact that someone actually cares enough to do it, but with all due respect I never needed it to tell me that my favorite figs #23 and #127 are impossible to find in dark blue. I`ve been hunting them since the colored figs first came out over 20 years ago, and should one of them ever turn up on ebay I`d be a friekin nut just like Alex spending a fortune trying to get them. ;)

Don`t get too bent out of shape about it Alex, You and most of us that have been collecting these figs for a while know what`s rare and what isn`t.(until proven otherwise) To repeat what was already said... the DB is an excellent tool for documenting Your own collections, it can`t be taken too seriously.

#13 NewOldGuy

NewOldGuy

~M~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:composing and recording music; fine quality films; fine quality foods; martial arts; body modification; collecting stuff such as M.U.S.C.L.E. and Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise as well as swords/knives/blades; sci-fi/horror conventions; and all things genuinely macabre and twisted

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:39 PM

and just so it's known...though I would think everyone knows by now anyway.... the amount of copies I have of flesh #15 is quite accurate.
^_^
~M~
~M~

#14 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

I am not a number. I'm a free man

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, M.U.S.C.L.E., Xbox 360, firearms, grilling, muscle cars, zombies, and Cartoon Network.

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:59 AM

Those are some pretty strong accusations with no proof of anything.

The World revolves around you and we should just be happy to live in it, right Alex?

Isn't it ironic that someone who is known for dirty deceitful actions is now upset that someone did the same to them?
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

#15 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:25 AM

The World revolves around you and we should just be happy to live in it, right Alex?

Isn't it ironic that someone who is known for dirty deceitful actions is now upset that someone did the same to them?

........... :D ..............

#16 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:00 AM

It's pretty obvious what's going on genius. :lol:

Yeah that's exactly the point I am trying to get across with this whole thing, yup you hit the nail on the head, way to go! :D :D

Hmmm, maybe we have found our pissed off board member?! :lol:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#17 billpepper

billpepper

Flim Flam Red Hot Fan *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:guitar <br />skateboarding <br />wrestling (WWE TNA)<br />running <br />biking <br />

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:17 AM

SpectreSuperSix5,I do not know what your prob is but I for am going to stick up for aforbes He has helped me as a collector tremendously and is always fair with trades and buys he honestly loves collecting muscles and has taken it to a new level with his pursuit....... and whats your proof SpectreSuperSix5 of Alex being so deceitful anyways
BIG GUY SHIMMY!!!!!!!!

#18 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:04 AM

I remember this one time when I was a kid, I took my brothers money when he wasn't home, and I took it to the bookfair at school and bought a Peter Pan book, and another one I can't remember. It was like 7 bucks. :lol:

Then there was this other time in the 1st grade there was this kid who didn't know how to tie his shoe laces, so I got really aggravated about it, and when school ended I walked up behind him and stepped on his laces and tripped him. :lol: I bet he learned to tie his shoes after that.

Then this one time at band camp I shuved a ..........Wait a minute.....That's not my story. :D

I guess my point is, we all do silly little things in life, we regret maybe, but in the end time rolls on, and people forget about it. So why not eat a pancake and be happy! :D Ain't that right Soupie?! ;)

Posted Image

#19 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:17 AM

I'm closing this topic before it evolves any worse.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com