Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

FAN ART CHALLANGE 8! OFFICAL POLL!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

Poll: VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE PICTURE (30 member(s) have cast votes)

WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE!!!

1. theorgg – Claw (2 votes [2.25%])

Percentage of vote: 2.25%

2. Ericnilla – Clawformer (20 votes [22.47%])

Percentage of vote: 22.47%

3. Ghost Lion – Claw Tournament (2 votes [2.25%])

Percentage of vote: 2.25%

4. Mathewf1tz – Claw SD Army (9 votes [10.11%])

Percentage of vote: 10.11%

5. Tortle – Claw Family (13 votes [14.61%])

Percentage of vote: 14.61%

6. URS – MCClawsher (4 votes [4.49%])

Percentage of vote: 4.49%

7. WhiteLeo – Claw Language (6 votes [6.74%])

Percentage of vote: 6.74%

8. Kevin Mayle – Claws to the Rescue (10 votes [11.24%])

Percentage of vote: 11.24%

9. Scumdogg – C.L.A.W.S. (11 votes [12.36%])

Percentage of vote: 12.36%

10. Czarcher – Claw Wars (3 votes [3.37%])

Percentage of vote: 3.37%

11. Reccoom Kaboom – Show of Hands (9 votes [10.11%])

Percentage of vote: 10.11%

Vote

#1 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:40 PM

I am posting this poll for Doc Moore. And since there are so many good entries I made it so you can vote for more than one. :unknw: If I need to change that I will.

WhiteLeo

theorgg – Claw [ 2 ] [2.33%]
Ericnilla – Clawformer [ 18 ] [20.93%]
Ghost Lion – Claw Tournament [ 2 ] [2.33%]
Mathewf1tz – Claw SD Army [ 9 ] [10.47%]
Tortle – Claw Family [ 12 ] [13.95%]
URS – MCClawsher [ 4 ] [4.65%]
WhiteLeo – Claw Language [ 6 ] [6.98%]
Kevin Mayle – Claws to the Rescue [ 10 ] [11.63%]
Scumdogg – C.L.A.W.S. [ 11 ] [12.79%]
Czarcher – Claw Wars [ 3 ] [3.49%]
Reccoom Kaboom – Show of Hands [ 9 ] [10.47%]

Attached Files

Edited by WhiteLeo, 10 April 2008 - 09:06 PM.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#2 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:07 PM

How many can we vote for?
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#3 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:24 PM

How many can we vote for?

You can vote for all of them or just one. It is your choice. I figured since Doc Moore has a few different ways to win something this might help him out.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#4 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:57 AM

wow multiple voting... we all can win. =]

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:01 AM

So Jason,

What is going to be the tie breaker in case of a tie in a spot?

#6 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:40 AM

Well I hope it doesnt come down to a tie breaker. Thanks Leo for posting this, and I like the multiple voting option. Like I explained before I am not voting in this one, but choosing my favorite for an additional prize. Should I wait to announce that till its over to not sway the votes? I wanted to thank everybody who participated, this was exactly what I wanted, tons of awesome entries, so now I have a little motivation to update my site. I really want to get back into working on it mroe regularly, and this will help me get started. Awesome work by everybody, very well thought out and very original ideas. I love all the entries, I knew this was going to happen, thats why I am offering a few prizes vs just one, but I still feel like some work will go unrewarded. I wish I could just give out 15 prizes.

#7 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:54 AM

Just my two cents, i really like this new voting method. There seems to be a pretty set number of people that vote on anything on this board, and this method makes the outcome a lot less clear right from the start. It's interesting.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#8 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:45 PM

I think I'm the only one that doesn't like multiple voting.

#9 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:52 PM

I think I'm the only one that doesn't like multiple voting.

Not the only one. :(

#10 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:06 PM

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of it either. It's much more difficult to discern a real winner than normal voting. Maybe if there was a way to rank those that you vote for, I would dig the idea better. But with multiple votes, there's no way to determine which is your favorite. So if you vote for 3, you can't give any extra weight to the one that's your favorite.

#11 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:58 PM

Maybe if there was a way to rank those that you vote for, I would dig the idea better.

Now THAT would be ideal. Too bad it would have to be done manually.

#12 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:22 PM

yeah not a fan either :(

#13 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:45 PM

I'm a fan. :( Let's say there's two voting polls with the same pieces: Poll A allows multiple votes per person, poll B allows one vote per person. Supposing everyone voted for their "ultimate" favorite in both polls, wouldn't the same piece win? Yes, I think it would. Ultimately, the one piece that the most people vote for will win -- regardless of whether they vote for 2-3 others as well.
Posted Image

#14 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:12 PM

Let's say there's two voting polls with the same pieces: Poll A allows multiple votes per person, poll B allows one vote per person. Supposing everyone voted for their "ultimate" favorite in both polls, wouldn't the same piece win? Yes, I think it would. Ultimately, the one piece that the most people vote for will win -- regardless of whether they vote for 2-3 others as well.

But if you are voting for 2-3 others, you're not really voting for your ultimate favorite. Instead of having to decide on just one, and there being a clear cut winner, you end up voting on all the ones you like, and end up with a massive tie.

#15 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:48 PM

These contests are really between the 2 proffesional artists Ericnilla and Scumdogg. So with the multiple voting,8th grade level artists such as myself (Quoted from Veers),can get a couple pity votes to make us feel good. A contest with 11 entries and only 2 pieces getting all the votes is pretty disheartening. The only way these contests would come out a tie is between Nilla and Sdogg.

#16 hunterrose2000

hunterrose2000

Searching high and low for...THE UNKNOWN DOUCHE!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:31 PM

Seriously, GREAT job with the poll Leo. Multiple votes is hands down a better way to vote for anything with more than two options. Personally, I think the best option is to vote on some variation of a point scale (i.e. 5 points to your favorite, 4 points to the next, etc.), but you'd probably have to enter and tally votes manually rather than click a box for that to work here.
Anyway, I don't see how anyone could have a problem with this way of voting when you've got so many entries. Think about it. Say you have 10 entries and 10 voters. If you have only one vote apiece, 8 people could vote for 8 different entries, but if just 2 people vote for #9, that's the winner. Those other 8 people might hate the crap out of the winner, and would have pooled behind another (maybe #10 was everyone's second choice) if they had a second vote to give, but they didn't. (For any W fans out there, this is why he's in the White House, guys :( ).

If you just like one entry, just vote for that entry and you've given it just as much support as you would have if you had one vote. If you like one for technical reasons and another for humor, but you don't have a clear favorite, now you can vote for both. You want to give that struggling Nader guy a vote to help his ego out, but you don't want to throw away the vote that you would have given to the guy you like who has a realistic chance of winning--problem solved. Kevin, I think you can see pretty clearly by now that even with just 20 people voting, you don't just end up with a massive tie.

#17 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:50 PM

Say you have 10 entries and 10 voters. If you have only one vote apiece, 8 people could vote for 8 different entries...
Multiple votes is hands down a better way to vote for anything ...
I don't see how anyone could have a problem with this way of voting ...
Kevin, I think you can see pretty clearly by now that even with just 20 people voting, you don't just end up with a massive tie.

When I posted that, there was a 4 way tie, and almost a 5 way. Now there's a big spread.
Sure, you could have 10 different voters with 1 vote apiece, and then 10 entries each getting 1 vote each. But with 7 of these contests it hasn't happened so far. But with the same thinking, you could get 10 voters casting 10 votes each for all 10 entries. Still a tie. Will that happen? I seriously doubt it, but it's the same line of thinking.
As for it being "hands down" a better way, and you can't see how anyone could have a problem with it, four of us have posted our dislike of it and therefore there are still "hands up".
It's not really a big deal to me, I just noticed the first batch of voters pretty much blanketed all the entries with a vote each, and it didn't seem to be going well. After this discussion there has been a definate breakaway, so it may not be a problem.

#18 hunterrose2000

hunterrose2000

Searching high and low for...THE UNKNOWN DOUCHE!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:46 PM

When I posted that, there was a 4 way tie, and almost a 5 way. Now there's a big spread.
Sure, you could have 10 different voters with 1 vote apiece, and then 10 entries each getting 1 vote each. But with 7 of these contests it hasn't happened so far. But with the same thinking, you could get 10 voters casting 10 votes each for all 10 entries. Still a tie. Will that happen? I seriously doubt it, but it's the same line of thinking.
As for it being "hands down" a better way, and you can't see how anyone could have a problem with it, four of us have posted our dislike of it and therefore there are still "hands up".
It's not really a big deal to me, I just noticed the first batch of voters pretty much blanketed all the entries with a vote each, and it didn't seem to be going well. After this discussion there has been a definate breakaway, so it may not be a problem.

Hey, I'm just saying people should give it a chance. Some people have an initial bad reaction to it, because they're not used to it, but, statistically, it really is just no contest. If you want a virtually guaranteed MAJORITY winner and you have more than 2 choices, you have to do away with the 1 vote system. Yeah, you MIGHT possibly end up with a broad tie, but it is very improbable. Not everyone is going to give pity votes or just vote for everything. I'm telling you, just do a little research and you'll find that when you have more than 2 choices, a single vote is more likely to make more people unhappy with the result than are happy with it. Just think about it this way: you can end up with the same kind of near-tie for three contestants (say 34% for A, 33% for B and 33% for C) - why is that any better? 34% of the voters are happy, but 66% aren't. Or say you've got 46% for A, 44% for B and 10% for C. A wins, but it's still not a majority. Now say that most people who voted for C would rather have had B win than A. If they were able to give multiple votes, B might have won, and done so with maybe 54% of the vote or more. Clearly, the majority winner.

I hope I'm not coming off bad here, but I'm just trying to point out that what most people think of as a winner is someone who wins a majority of a vote. You can't do that when you have 3 choices and only 1 vote per person. You will usually end up with a spoiler that makes more people unhappy than it makes happy. Everyone's second choice is better than a minority's first choice.

And, actually, I think if you go back to those old voting threads, you'd see some people agonized over their vote. More people probably had similar feelings and just didn't post about it. Maybe everyone really liked one particular drawing, but they ended up splitting votes over a couple others that were individual favorites. Why shouldn't the one that everyone liked win, over the one that just a few more people liked than another? A system like this is just much more representative of how people truly feel than a 1 vote system.

:D oooookay....I officially have no life...impromptu statistics lesson over, folks....i'm done...

#19 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:54 PM

if you just vote for the one you like best wont you get a clear winner that way~? :D

#20 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

if you just vote for the one you like best wont you get a clear winner that way~? :D

with the multiple voting,8th grade level artists such as myself (Quoted from Veers),can get a couple pity votes to make us feel good. A contest with 11 entries and only 2 pieces getting all the votes is pretty disheartening.

#21 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:16 PM

I put a personal limit on my voting at 3 votes cast. That way I feel I'm getting the best of both worlds I can choose diffrent pieces, including sometimes ones I don't think are good enough overall but I love one or two things about them, but I also have to make some tough choices and trim the fat.

For the public record my first, and if that had been the only vote, went to Matthewf1tz "claw SD army" I really loved the overall feel of the piece and thought it was a fresh look.

One feedback I think I like separate voting and comment threads better.

Edited by mrjayberry, 05 April 2008 - 03:50 AM.

#22 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:29 PM

I like the poly-vote system myself, although it should probably be limite to 3 per person.

Regardless of who wins, we should all be pretty happy with the turnout: contest #8 currently has 1750 views, much more than any that came before it. I'm happy just learning new techniques, and contributing to the richness of the boards, and not letting what skills I have fade away from lack of use.
Posted Image

#23 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:28 PM

I just want to say that I am pleasantly surprised at how well turnout has been for these contests lately. Usually, the longer something runs, the less interest thereis, but so far interest has just been getting better each time, not to mention the quality of art!

You guys are incredible!

I like the poly-gamy system myself, although it should probably be limited to 3 per person.

Damn bro, I wish I could get away with that. :D

#24 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:11 PM

I just want to say that I am pleasantly surprised at how well turnout has been for these contests lately. Usually, the longer something runs, the less interest thereis, but so far interest has just been getting better each time, not to mention the quality of art!

You guys are incredible!

I like the poly-gamy system myself, although it should probably be limited to 3 per person.

Damn bro, I wish I could get away with that. ;)

nice. you made me do a double-take on my post to make sure I hadn't actually typed that :D
Posted Image

#25 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:39 PM

The only bad thing that could happen (and looking at the minimum-two vote thing, probably happened at least once) is someone 'voting checkbox' and selecting every one of them.

That said, I think C.L.A.W.S. is awesome.

-Orgg
8th grade MSPainter

BTW, to the person who asked in PM what I used-- I used MSPaint's spray feature and a little of the pencil. It's not crayon rubbing on concrete as you suggested. If you want to post and retract your vote, feel free)

Edited by theorgg, 07 April 2008 - 12:41 PM.

Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com