Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

POLL: FAC 18: MotU vs. LRG

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Poll: FAC 18: MotU vs. LRG (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote!

1. 1. Battlechaser-Comic (1 votes [2.38%])

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

2. 2. DarrylWestley- Masters of the Pocket (6 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. 3. Ericnilla-Kinnikuheman vs. Skelebuffalotor (13 votes [30.95%])

Percentage of vote: 30.95%

4. 4. Ghost Lion-He-Lion vs. Skelegator (4 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

5. 5. Musclemenkids- Mekaneck vs. The Claw (4 votes [9.52%])

6. 6. Reccoom Kaboom- Snake Mountain Band (2 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

7. 7. Scumdogg- Snake Men (4 votes [9.52%])

8. 8. Theorgg- NES M.U.S.C.L.E vs. MotU (1 votes [2.38%])

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

9. 9. Tortle- Ashuraman-e-faces (7 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote

#1 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:41 AM

Welcome to the poll for Fan Art Challenge 18, Masters of the Universe vs. Little Rubber Guys! We had another great turnout this time around, so hopefully our voter participation continues to reflect that. Voting will remain open for seven days, as usual. Thanks to everyone who entered, and good luck! :lol:

1. Battlechaser-Comic
Attached File  Battlechaser_1.jpg   184.2K   10 downloads Attached File  Battlechaser_2.jpg   238.21K   13 downloads Attached File  Battlechaser_3.jpg   239.75K   8 downloadsAttached File  Battlechaser_4.jpg   218.08K   8 downloads Attached File  Battlechaser_5.jpg   252.45K   9 downloads Attached File  Battlechaser_6.jpg   212.86K   3 downloads
Attached File  Battlechaser_7.jpg   262K   11 downloads Attached File  Battlechaser_8.jpg   241.86K   8 downloads Attached File  Battlechaser_9.jpg   170.41K   10 downloadsAttached File  Battlechaser_10.jpg   236.69K   9 downloads

2. DarrylWestley- Masters of the Pocket
Attached File  DarrylWestley_masters_of_the_pocket.jpg   298.33K   40 downloads

3. Ericnilla-Kinnikuheman vs. Skelebuffalotor-
Attached File  Ericnilla_Kinnikuheman_vs._Skelebufallotor.jpg   544.28K   61 downloads
Attached File  ericnilla_kinnikuhemanandskelebuftg6.jpg   620.62K   36 downloads Attached File  ericnilla_kinnikuhemanex7.jpg   348.6K   22 downloads

4. Ghost Lion-He-Lion vs. Skelegator-
Attached File  Ghost_Lion_He_Lion_vs._Skelegator.jpg   337.44K   37 downloads

5. Musclemenkids- Mekaneck vs. The Claw-
Attached File  musclemenkids_Mekaneck_vs_the_Claw.JPG   62.77K   27 downloads

6. Reccoom Kaboom- Snake Mountain Band-
Attached File  Reccoom_Kaboom_snakemountain.jpg   1014.32K   23 downloads

7. Scumdogg- Snake Men-
Attached File  Scumdogg_Snake_Men.jpg   163.94K   33 downloads

8. Theorgg- NES M.U.S.C.L.E vs. MotU-
Attached File  theorgg_Dikdik_and_Unknown_vs_Beastman_and_Skeletor.JPG   63.04K   19 downloads

9. Tortle- Ashuraman-e-faces-
Attached File  Tortle_ashuraman_e_faces.jpg   179.8K   59 downloads

Edited by Scumdogg, 10 March 2009 - 11:44 AM.

Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#2 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

I voted for Scumdogg's Snake Men!
Close 2nd for me was Ghost Lion's He-Lion vs. Skelegator.
Nice work everyone!

Greetz y'all, DK77.
Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:57 PM

Awesome entries and participation on this one! Great work guys!

Whoever wins, please contact me for your store G.C.

#4 Battlechaser7

Battlechaser7

Epicurian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:57 PM

I voted for Eric Because his is simply awesome a close second was tortle.
キン肉マン

I buy toys, So I can sell toys, So I can buy more toys...

My Need toys link--Please check out for trades, updated as trades occur
need toys
My Available Trades
got toys

#5 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:20 PM

I voted for Tortle's entry. I so want that figure!! :lol:
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#6 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:57 PM

I voted for Darryl's. I just think it's a simply great piece. Great fade from the Skeletor to MIMP figure effect. And the Question mark above Heman's head is probably what finalized that decision. :D Really take away the Question mark and it doesn't make sense. :lol:

But I loved Tortle's Ashuraman-E-Faces as well! A very nice combo.

Good show everyone. :o

Posted Image

#7 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:35 PM

how the eff am i going to vote in this one?!?!? :lol: :o

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#8 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:36 PM

how the eff am i going to vote in this one?!?!? :banana: :lol:

For me? :cow:

It took me a couple days to reach a decision as well. I voted for Tortle's Ashuraman-e-faces. It's a ridiculously good concept and name, and very well executed. I've been strongly considering printing one out to color. :KS:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#9 DarrylWestley

DarrylWestley

www.monstercollecting.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:51 AM

This is tough! There is a lot of skill shown in this competition but I had to go with
the piece that just 'felt' right. My vote went to Ghost Lion. The choice of characters
I like and the overall feel just reminds me of the 80s He-man cartoons! Especially
the choice of colour. It is not over flamboyant in a personal style (which I find is
hard to shy away from).

He-man 'in a mask' and Skeletor with 'buffalo horns' seems to have left an impression
on many.

www.monstercollecting.com

#10 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:41 AM

I voted for "Masters of the Pocket" this one was so tough I let my vote marinate for a couple of days. MotP just kept sticking out. The "lrg" part of it is even of a sculpt I don't like but you make the skeleton awesome. It has never looked better. Plus the play on the logo amused me.

A huge shout out (and my runnerup vote) to Ericnilla, wow but not colorful enough (although it didn't hurt to much this time because the tone was so good for the epic fantasy feel). Theorgg I love the nintendo look but didn't we already see a similar entry in a previous Fac? I hope so because I love the way it looks and think it is a fun concept but the deja vu kept you out of the running.

Everyone else exceptionally awesome job. Somebody new w/out the talent needs to enter so I have someone to rag on :banana:

Hasn't Doc been promising an entry for awhile now?

#11 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:30 PM

i'm not going to keep saying that each new contest is the best we've ever had.......BUT THIS ONE REALLY IS!!! how great was this turnout? everyone who entered did an awesome job. i'm just going to start at the beginning and heap on the praise.

battlechaser7's comic was truly great. i was so excited when i'd log in everyday and see a new portion of this story. he may not have the pencil control of ericnilla (who does?) but his drawings improve so much with each new one that he's definitely well on his way. what i love the most is that his drawings don't show any mistakes. it's kind of like on amadeus when salieri is explaining what it's like when he's looking at mozart's original music pages. "astounding! it was actually-it was beyond belief. these were first and only drafts of music. but they showed no corrections
of any kind. not one. he had simply written down music already finished in his head. page after page of it." battlechaser7 makes it look like he's drawing a composition which he's already perfected in his head. great stuph, and i can't wait to see what the future holds.

darrylwestley has perfected a style that's new for these facs and i thank him. the innovation and new creative ideas that emerge from these contests inspires. the way he blended the two franchises looks almost professional in a way. the logo would totally be like that if they ever had the nuts to put out this toyline. his coloring is top notch. great work, please enter more contests.

ericnilla knows i'm a fan. i think most of us around here are. his style is completely complex and fluid. sometimes i think he just hurries and sketches something out while on his way to doing something else. and even then it comes out looking effing awesome. these three pics show that eric is the master of lighting. i haven't seen anyone do it better. awesome job.

ghost lion!!! terrific. how else can you blend two franchises? prolly thousands of ways, but none of them would be any better. as i stated previously, this reminds me of the old mini comics you'd get with the toys. i totally love it. the blending of the armors is brilliant.

musclemenkids' entry is similar to what i contemplated my entry might be like had i the time to draw one. a motu figure being attacked by muscles. although, i think he did a better job than what i had in mind. let's face it, mekaneck is effed. if you get tossed by that many 153s your number is up. the triumphant evil smile of the claw on mekaneck's head is the tops. great job, i loved it.

reccoom kaboom has once again outdid himself. the coloring work on this entry is top notch. i like the idea of the mini boglins band using skeletor as their mascot too. seems like an odd combination, but that makes it that much better. keep up the great work and try not to spread yourself too thin through all of these contests you keep organizing and entering.

most of you may not know this, but scumdogg is actually a voodoo priest. he puts spells on us all with is fantastic artwork. and he's a sneak too! most of us may just focus on the serpent family reunion in the primordial ooze in the foreground, but don't miss the awesome snake mountain from the cartoon in the background. his coloring, as always, is the best. five thumbs up!

theorgg and his "good for all occasions" nes battles are always good for a laugh. makes you remember all those old school kick ass games you used to love to play. i'm pretty sure i'm not playing enough demon sword right now.

tortle's ashuraman-e-faces entry has to be the most creative. lindsay nagle would say it's got zazz. his flawless execution to the intent of his design is truly enviable.

i had a hard time with this contest. i usually do, but this one was especially hard. i don't think having one vote is enough when everything is awesome as hell. i finally voted for musclemenkids' entry of mekaneck getting his ass handed to him. it's such a fun concept and that little guy at the top with that look of pure joy and satisfaction sealed the deal in the end. it was a close match between this entry and battlechaser7 & ghost lion. i honestly wish i could have voted more than once. i can't say enough about how much i loved all the entries. everyone did a fantastic job and all are worthy of winning.

:lol: :lol: ;) :huh:

Edited by dankingery, 12 March 2009 - 08:35 PM.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#12 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

ericnilla... sometimes i think he just hurries and sketches something out while on his way to doing something else...

i take offense to that... i spent a good 20 minutes drawing that last entry. :lol: haha

#13 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:56 AM

ericnilla... sometimes i think he just hurries and sketches something out while on his way to doing something else...

i take offense to that... i spent a good 20 minutes drawing that last entry. :D haha

You're killin' me, Smalls. :rolleyes:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#14 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:17 AM

I haven't had anything yet... so how can I have some more of nothing?

#15 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:14 PM

i take offense to that... i spent a good 20 minutes drawing that last entry. ^_^ haha

Geeze. The least time I've spent on a challenge was that Judicious Jackalope back in the Mythologies Challenge @ about 3 hours. I average 15 hours or so. I must be doin sumthin wrong...

Kudos to your efficiency in getting exactly what you shoot for so quickly.
Posted Image

#16 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

Some people are just capable of mapping stuff out before they start, and know exactly where their pencil is going to go and do. Check on Youtube for 5 minute paintings. There are just ingenious ways that people can paint things, and actually make them look extremely professional. I can't do jack squat in 20 minutes. It can take me days of thinking of a plan, then it never comes out right, or takes me hours and hours are get it right, and that's just the first sketch.

Posted Image

#17 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:34 PM

This one was a very hard one to vote on for me. So many good entries. In the end I went with Ericnilla. I love the hekinnikuman looking down with buffaltor in the back on his thrown. Very well done!!!!

Awesome work everyone!!!!

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#18 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:33 PM

i take offense to that... i spent a good 20 minutes drawing that last entry. :D haha

Geeze. The least time I've spent on a challenge was that Judicious Jackalope back in the Mythologies Challenge @ about 3 hours. I average 15 hours or so. I must be doin sumthin wrong...

Kudos to your efficiency in getting exactly what you shoot for so quickly.

I've busted out a few quick entries myself, but yeah...when i look back on it there is an insane amount of hours dumped into these facs. :D I think this month's took me like ten or so, altogether. And i didn't even do as much with the color as i wanted to, it was just too huge and taking forever.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#19 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

well i map out what im gonna draw in a few small thumbnails first. then once i know what i want, i just go for it, at that point it usually take me 20-45 minutes to finish it. depending on the amount of detail i add in, sometimes longer. i've been bombarded with school work, side work and relationship issues that i havent had much time to sit and enjoy a good draw.

#20 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:45 AM

Last day to vote everyone!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#21 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:47 AM

Battlechaser – Comic
I was really impressed with Chris' entry into the art contests. Once the creative juices started flowing it looks like it was pretty tough to turn them off. I can't really make comments for each drawing, so I'll talk about them in general. It seemed like the quality dipped up and down. The 3rd picture was really cool and interesting, but that seemed at odds with the 7th picture. The balances and proportions just seemed very different. Chris won't be getting my vote, but I'm very anxious to see him show more stuff in more contests. I sense a win in his future.

DarrylWestley - Masters of the Pocket
If we were voting on the title that most sounded like a euphemism for masturbation, then Darryl would easily win. Unfortunately, I noticed things I disliked about this piece first. I didn't like the title on the piece, it felt crowbared in. He-Man and the question mark also gave it a goofy feel. What happened was that these things took away from an awesome Skelator-MIMP transformation. I think this would have been an amazing piece if it was only that part. The Skelator-MIMP portion could make an awesome nerd logo. It could be on stickers, t-shirts, website banners. I really, really like it – but its quality and uniqueness get lost with the logo, question mark, and He-Man. Just like Chris, I really look forward to seeing more entries from Darryl and can see him easily having a win in the future too.

Ericnilla - Kinnikuheman vs. Skelebuffalotor
Holy shizznit. This makes Marvel's Zombies look like a steaming pile of dog shizznit. If a comic like this came out I would shizznit myself. Eric's drawings are just stunning. I don't even know where to start praising these. Eric shared a couple of sketches with me, and I can tell you he was not short on ideas. Seeing them in person was even more amazing. I wish we could have a traveling LRG art show so we could all see these pieces in person. I just don't know what to say. These drawings blow my mind.

Ghost Lion - He-Lion vs. Skelegator
I love the idea here, and it really has the feel of those mini-comics. I don't know if the colors match perfectly, but they match perfectly in my mind. I think that's what makes me enjoy this piece. Am I also crazy to think these figure ideas could be done as customs? He-Man body + Beastman head? This is just a fun, and for me, very nostalgic piece.

Musclemenkids - Mekaneck vs. The Claw
If there is a logical link between MUSCLE and He-Man, then it somehow feels natural that Mekaneck and the Claw are that link. Perhaps it's because MUSCLE is represented by the Claw and Fox and Tortle screwed with Mekaneck so often? I just really like the fun idea of this piece. The group of gremlin-like Claws attacking Meckaneck is just perfect.

Reccoom Kaboom - Snake Mountain Band
I knew this was a homage to something, but I didn't know what. I had to go back to the other thread - heavy metal poster. So I guess I have to shave a couple of points for that. My favorite part of this piece is the boglins. My eye is just drawn to them, and I love the addition of instruments to some of them. I almost wish everything above them wasn't there. Maybe if Skelator was turned into a boglin too? Reccoom has set the bar so high for himself. I think he's suffering from the Tortle-effect (always producing such amazing stuff that people expect miracles every time).

Scumdogg - Snake Men
Scumdogg is another where I struggle to heap enough praise. This is just an awesome piece. I guess there are three things that really stood out to me. First, the colors overall. They just look great and work so well together. Second, the Snake Mountain in the background - just an awesome touch. And third is the smirk on 193's face – devilishly perfect.

Theorgg - NES M.U.S.C.L.E vs. MotU
I loved this style on the first entry, it deservedly won. For me this is proof that you should never tell a joke twice. I just don't like it at all this time. Unless there is a wonderful variation, I don't want to see this again.

Tortle - Ashuraman-e-faces
What an absolutely perfect blend of characters. I'd love to see this character in Eric's comic. In fact, I imagine Tortle's character is a sneak-peek of the new artist taking over the book. I think what amazes me the most about this is that each character is so easily identifiable, but it really ends up feeling like a new character.

So who do I vote for?

As usual, many people deserve to win – but I can only vote for one. My vote is for Ericnilla's Kinnikuheman vs. Skelebuffalotor. There's just amazing emotion, quality, and uniqueness. All three of his entries could have won this contest.

Bravo to Eric and all the entries! :rolleyes:

#22 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:38 AM

Well, i'm glad i forgot to close the contest last night, i was wondering if you'd get your traditional write-up in. :rolleyes:

So i'm pretty sure we can call it now, if i could get a mod to close the poll. Ericnilla wins it with 16 votes! Congratulations man!

And thanks once again to everyone who entered and voted, it warms my black heart to see this level of participation month after month. Let's keep it up!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#23 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:22 PM

42 votes! :cry:

1. Battlechaser-Comic [ 1 ] ** [2.38%]
2. DarrylWestley- Masters of the Pocket [ 6 ] ** [14.29%]