• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:12 AM

I'm watching it right now on Cartoon Network West at 9:00 am EST, which means it was probably on this morning at 6:00 am EST in the east on CN. It doesn't show up in the guide as Gormiti or anything, still saying it's Transformers Animated. Only watched it for a few minutes, not doing much for me, but I'm recording it for my kids. After all the superhero shows on, I don't see them liking it too much either. It's kind of Pokemon-ish, lots of kids getting involved, turning into Gormiti, etc.

#2 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:18 AM

I actually just turned it on myself. Although it does say Gormiti in my program guide. I am excited to finally see it in the USA. :woot: Hopefully it is a sign that Gormiti are doing well here. :D

#3 DukeOfAwesome

DukeOfAwesome

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:14 AM

I actually just turned it on myself. Although it does say Gormiti in my program guide. I am excited to finally see it in the USA. :woot: Hopefully it is a sign that Gormiti are doing well here. :D

I'm excited too that the cartoon is playing in the US but it does raise more questions about the series for me. First, why so early on a week day? Are they trying to get kids before they go to school or are they just trying to kill the show? (They basically did the same thing to Transformers Animated when the show finally started to get good) and second, what does this mean for the toy line? Are they going to skip over Everything after series two and go right to the cartoon figures and playsets?

#4 Drosselmeyer

Drosselmeyer

il Signore della Foresta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Gormiti & Beast Saga

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:20 AM

Wow, I didn't expect the show to crop up so suddenly. As for the poor time slot, CN's probably just waiting to see if it gets popular. I sure hope they don't skip right to the Cartoon Series for the toyline, though.

#5 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:14 PM

I sure hope they don't skip right to the Cartoon Series for the toyline, though.

Well, that's what they've done in the UK :bunny:

Loks like we can basically forget about any English-language release of Mythos/Series 3 :bunny:
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#6 Drosselmeyer

Drosselmeyer

il Signore della Foresta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:42 PM

I sure hope they don't skip right to the Cartoon Series for the toyline, though.

Well, that's what they've done in the UK :bunny:

Loks like we can basically forget about any English-language release of Mythos/Series 3 :bunny:

Nooooooooo!! *shakes fist at the sky*

The Cartoon Series sculpts are mediocre at best. Mythos is where it's at, baby. :bunny:

#7 DukeOfAwesome

DukeOfAwesome

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:34 AM

My buddy's take on the animated show...

"Ok, I watched it this morning. It's definitely geared for kids. It's like
a cross between Power Rangers and Captain Planet. I like Captain Planet
and only the green ranger stuff on power rangers cause his zord was
Godzilla and it always came out of the water and destroyed the city a bit
as it came to him.

Appears Fire (lava and Magma) are bad and the rest are good. Appears to be
to worlds, Ours and the Island of Gorm. There are 4 kids, each dressed in
the color of their tribe. One is Earth/Stone, Water, Forest, Air. There's
a taking lizard who would be the floating head thing in power rangers.
He's the advisor to the kids. There's a Gormiti Cave in there house that
the access like Dextor's lab where there's pedestals for each clan and an
orb with their respective elemental symbol that gives them there powers and
allows the kids to transform into a Gormiti. The water kid I think is you
water god figure. There's a portal like Mumrah's pool that shows them Gorm
and takes them there. This episode they battled Bombos and Lavion (he
returned from imprisonment). They banished him back and restored Mimic the
fast to his once great glory for he originally imprisoned Lavion and he was
turned into a tree for 80 years."

#8 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:44 AM

No Geos? Awwww!
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#9 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5103 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:02 PM

Right before the Gormiti cartoon takes place, all the older Lords, including Gheos, are sucked into a black hole or something (this might be the same banishment that's being mentioned with Lavion, not sure). That's the reason for the kids turning into Gormiti into the first place - they're taking up the roles left vacant by the previous Lords, whichever ones existed by the end of Final Evolution.

#10 markwars

markwars

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:18 PM

I hope this isn't indicative of Gormiti's potential here in the US, but my son was decidedly disappointed by the Gormiti cartoon. He was hoping the Series 1 and 2 Gormiti's would be the focus. Instead we get a show about the lives of four kids we have never heard of, they only travel to Gorm for brief stints, and we see only a smattering of the characters we know and love. :o

Bummer.

#11 Drosselmeyer

Drosselmeyer

il Signore della Foresta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:59 AM

I hope this isn't indicative of Gormiti's potential here in the US, but my son was decidedly disappointed by the Gormiti cartoon. He was hoping the Series 1 and 2 Gormiti's would be the focus. Instead we get a show about the lives of four kids we have never heard of, they only travel to Gorm for brief stints, and we see only a smattering of the characters we know and love. :rolleyes:

Bummer.

Yeah, that was my reaction, too. Not to mention the stark contrast in the quality of the animation between the human kids and the Gormiti. I'm sure it'll do its job of introducing kids to the merchandise, though, if they give it a proper timeslot. I can't see it doing more harm than good.

#12 kinnikumanbigbody

kinnikumanbigbody

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Location:silvio berlusconi and northen league's reich(also know as Italy).
  • Interests:everything about kinnikuman,hot asian chicks and anime chicks with nice belly buttons(yeah,i have issues) ,good food,tokusatsu,transformers(except the michael e-bay's movies,they are horrible),insulting the average italian citizen which he is racist,dumb,ignorant and berlusconi and mafia's supporter,wrestling(especially the 1980's american wrestling,japanese wrestling and the pre-2004 WWE).<br />

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:56 AM

i don't like this series.
too childish!
i'm triumphant!!!

big body's song

coolest troll and biggest rinko nikaido fan ever:MATTO!

greatest translator ever:soldierataru

kinnikuman big body fan #1

yasunori kato need MOAR fans!

#13 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:43 PM

too childish!

Could that have anything to do with the fact its aimed at children?
or is that me just being stupid.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#14 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, G.I.Joe, Star Wars, Battle Beasts, and Gormiti.

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:51 PM

Yep.... It's definitely aimed at children. I haven't even watched it in english yet, but based on how the toy line is aimed at a really young audience I am not surprised the show would be too.

#15 markwars

markwars

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:24 AM

too childish!

Well, there's great programming that I can find engaging that's directed primarily at children. This show just isn't one of them. It really seems like one of those 1980's cartoons that was based around something silly like a game or a toy (cough cough).

#16 Drosselmeyer

Drosselmeyer

il Signore della Foresta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:12 PM

Well, there's great programming that I can find engaging that's directed primarily at children. This show just isn't one of them. It really seems like one of those 1980's cartoons that was based around something silly like a game or a toy (cough cough).

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you on both those points. It's too bad, though. I really liked Martin Mystery(made by the same animation studio), and I was hoping Gormiti would be just as campy and imaginative. But I suppose we can't have it all... at least the toys keep getting cooler.

Edited by Drosselmeyer, 13 October 2009 - 01:13 PM.

#17 Battlechaser7

Battlechaser7

Epicurian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:10 AM

Well, that's what they've done in the UK :mellow:

Loks like we can basically forget about any English-language release of Mythos/Series 3 :rolleyes:

Nooooooooo!! *shakes fist at the sky*

The Cartoon Series sculpts are mediocre at best. Mythos is where it's at, baby. :)

I would have agreed with you until I saw titanium. WooooooooW!! amazing understates their awesome.

As far as Cartoon series go I would trade the entire mediocre lot for some sexy mini figures there just is not anything worth while in the line comparatively.

Best,
Chris
キン肉マン

I buy toys, So I can sell toys, So I can buy more toys...

My Need toys link--Please check out for trades, updated as trades occur
need toys
My Available Trades
got toys

#18 Drosselmeyer

Drosselmeyer

il Signore della Foresta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:21 PM

I would have agreed with you until I saw titanium. WooooooooW!! amazing understates their awesome.

As far as Cartoon series go I would trade the entire mediocre lot for some sexy mini figures there just is not anything worth while in the line comparatively.

Best,
Chris

They've really outdone themselves with Titanium, haven't they? I mean, articulation and weapons? Nothing that came before could possibly compete with it for title of Most Awesomest Gormiti Series EVAR.*

*title may be fictional

#19 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:19 AM

As I was getting ready to take my son to school I noticed the Gormiti Cartoon is no longer aired at 7:00 A.M. MST. What happened? Does it come on at a different time now? :)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com