• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SlamMaster

SlamMaster

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, Video games, Reading, 80'S nu Wave Music, etc.

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:06 AM

Collecting Romandoh Kinnikuman figures has been an incredibly fun hobby. The idea that not all of the figures can be collected at once and that they are not mainstream in the US and other countries outside of Japan makes finding one that much more special.

Sorry for the wait and lack of pictures, here is the review of... OMEGA MAN!!!

Rating system is 1 to 10. 10 being the best and 1 being the worse.

Where to find OMEGA MAN?
I purchased Omega man at xxxxxxx.com. I wish there were more than one place to find figures, but xxxxxxx.com is good with the up to date romandohs.

Packaging: Like the G2 packaging, with the ring and ropes insert with the figure's name, the background is different and has purple and orange in the background with the Kinnikuman in Japanese letters in yellow. The packaging is resealable.

Cost:
Omega man cost $62.99, but xxxxxxx.com has a sale for him at $53.99.

Rating: 7 I think the figure is worth the amount of money. He is bigger than what I expected and the quality is really good.

Type of Romandoh:
Omega man is a rotocast, but a very good quality one like Tyrannow Claw was.

Rating: 7.5 The figure is really good quality for a rotocast and seems durable.

Articulation:
18 points of articulation. The lower feet are connected to a ball joint, exactly like the one Tyranno Claw had. Articulation is also found at the upper thigh, the top part of the leg, the waist,a ball joint at the shoulders (the same found in the G2 Romandohs), below the shoulder is articulation, above the forearm, the hands can be turned as well, and at the neck. I was honestly afraid that Omega man was going to have articulation like the Mariposa or Big Body rotocast, which has arounds 7 points of articulation. Thankfully, he has a great deal of articulation.

Rating:8 The articulation is nice. It has more articulation than the old Romandohs.

Paint:
The paint is really good. The white on his armor looks like a candy white, with hints of very little gray to give it more dimension. The white also looks to have somewhat a gloss to it as well, which is nice. The purple is nice and rich, dark where the muscles are to give it more detail. The light purple hand on the hand is good quality once again. His eyes are a dark red with a hint of orange, he looks really scary.

Rating: 9 I really think the paint quality is great and it is a shame I do not have a digital camera to show the quality of the figure.

Quality:
The quality is really there. The figure comes with the big hand that is opened and the hand that is closed that holds his head and the fingers wrap around his body. As to how the hand stays on Omega Man's bacK? Romandoh used velcro on both Omega man's back and the hand. There is a small slot in which it is fitted into, so the hand line up pretty flush with Omega Man's back. The sculpting on Omega man is really good and captures the anime/manga counterpart. The only missing, is that he does not have a tail like he had in the manga. This is not a big deal and I think he looks better without it to be honest.

Rating: 8.5 I think the figure is definitely worth putting into any Romandoh collection.

Size:
Another thing I was surprised at was Omega Man's height and size. He is "8 1/4 tall without the hand, and he is "4 1/2 from shoulder to shoulder. With the open hand measuring from the tallest finger nail, he is "10 tall. When compared to Tyranno Claw, he is half an inch taller. When compared to Buffalo Man, he is 1-1/2 inch shorter.

Rating: 7 I am pleasantly surprised how big he is, he is not Big the Budo or Sunshine size, but he is up their next to Buffaloman size.

I think Omega Man is an incredible figure worth owning if you can afford him. Thank you for taking the time to read the review. If anyone has questions or would like to add anything, please do so.

Pictures from official website:

http://www.f-net.ne....ndo/muscle.html

xxxxxxx.com pictures:

http://global.xxxxxx...c/section-toys/

Once again, I apologize for not having any pictures. Another thing about Omega Man is that you cannot trulyappreciate the figure unless you see it in person because the pictures that I have seen does not do Omega Man any justice.

Edited by SlamMaster, 10 June 2005 - 11:18 AM.

Omega Man has arrived in Romandoh form.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com